Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 243500 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Wouldn't ahsoka by this point be over 25 years older than the say 15-18 she is in The Clone Wars?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #271 on: January 16, 2014, 12:04 AM »
Perhaps instead of Obi-Wan's granddaughter, it's a niece/grand-niece?

He could've had a brother who wasn't a Jedi yet the gene was passed on.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2014, 06:51 AM »
Wouldn't ahsoka by this point be over 25 years older than the say 15-18 she is in The Clone Wars?

It all depends when they set the movie, but in ANH Ashoka would be ~35 years old.  I would think that Episode VII would be at least 20 years beyond that, so Ashoka would be 50+ by then.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2014, 09:22 AM »
Maybe Twiks age slower than humans. She could be 50 but look 30.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2014, 10:20 AM »
She is actually a togruta and not a twilek.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2014, 04:13 PM »
Maybe Twiks age slower than humans. She could be 50 but look 30.

Exactly.  If Yoda's race lives to be 900, there's clearly a wide range in how different aliens age.  Probably just me, but I'd much rather see live action Ahsoka than Obi-Wan's illegitimate love child.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2014, 11:30 PM »
I still don't see how this makes it out in 2015...hope I am wrong, but I bet anything that gets pushed back.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2014, 07:22 AM »
Well, the script is done, and I read that shooting begins in May. Shooting will probably wrap up in August/September, and that leaves around 15 months to do all of the special effects and reshoots and such.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2014, 11:40 AM »
I still don't see how this makes it out in 2015...hope I am wrong, but I bet anything that gets pushed back.
I'm with you.  This gets pushed back to May 2016, which should have been the date in the first place.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 22, 2014, 09:19 AM »
Remember when Lucas use to take three years to make a one movie?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2014, 01:06 PM »
Here's a thought ... maybe the "20-something female actress who is either of mixed race or black" IS Ahsoka?   :o 

I like Scott's comments on Obi-Wan "waiting to train" Luke.  What exactly was the plan?  I hadn't considered it before, but was Obi-Wan really waiting around to train Luke or was he just watching over him?  If Ben planned to train him, you'd think he would have started sooner - certainly that's what Yoda would have preferred.  If they really thought Luke (or Leia) had a chance of defeating Vader or the Emperor, then why not start sooner?  Heck, Yoda could have taken either of the twins with him to Dagobah to start training after birth.

My take was that Obi-Wan was merely sent to Tatooine with Luke to watch over him.  They (Obi and Yoda) didn't have any plans to stop the Empire - probably feeling defeated and that they would leave it to the rebellion at that point.  There's no evidence that they were planning to do anything to stop the Empire, including training Luke or Leia.  If they did, why not start sooner?  Why not stay in contact with the rebellion?   Luke was hoping to zip off to the academy and wouldn't have even run into Ben had his uncle let him go. 

I think the "plan" was simply to keep the children away from Vader to protect them and let the rebellion run it's course.  When Luke encounters Ben, he then changes his plan and decides to train Luke.  Maybe he could sense the rebellion faltering at that point or sensed the death of Beru & Owen, knowing Luke would need some direction in his life.  Maybe it was just the force calling out to him or off screen guidance from Qui Gon when the opportunity to shepherd Luke presented itself, but I don't think Obi's plan was to sit back all those years, then jump into the training when Luke reached a certain age.

Personally I think think Yoda/Obi/Jinn basically was leaving it up to the Force to let them know when the time was right to start training. Basically sitting back and waiting till the opportunity came to them and not them taking it upon themselves. Logically it'd seem wiser to start training both of them sooner rather then later, cuz there is a LOT of what if's. Like Luke dying in Empire or falling to the darkside leaving only 1 untrained Leia, and Yoda already at deaths door step cuz of old age and Obi as force ghost. Be pretty hard to start from scratch. Seems like too much risk but thats why i think they're relying on something BIGGER then just themselves to determine what to do. I think that obi/yoda open up  themselves to a bigger part of the force possibly with Jinn's help.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 22, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Mark Hamill, who is *PROBABLY* reprising his role as Luke Skywalker in Episode VII, will be conducting a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" session starting at 4 PM Eastern time.  I imagine the Episode VII questions will be bountiful.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2014, 04:13 PM »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2014, 10:19 AM »
Ep 7 will start shooting in May, continue through September.  Most principle casting complete

When will they finally start letting cats out of the bag on cast/title?   ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender