Multimedia > The Sequel Trilogy

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)

<< < (67/195) > >>

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: P-Siddy on April 18, 2014, 08:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: JediJman on April 18, 2014, 01:16 AM ---So if Obi-Wan does have a kid and she is force sensitive, what's with the dialogue between Obi and Yoda in Empire basically stating Luke or another (Leia) are their only hope? 

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I can see that being a problem for some fans (and if it happens, we'll have to see how that works out)... But from a different angle, even if the kid is force-sensitive, perhaps Luke and Leia are the only hope for balancing the force.  They are Anakin's offspring so maybe the love of a father for his children and vice-versa (yeah, after maiming one and torturing the other) can win Vader over.

--- End quote ---

Diddly:
I wonder how many Bothans are going to sacrifice their careers to bring us spoilers?

Rob:
"I want to take this opportunity to welcome you to what will inevitably be a lot of fun, but also provide a cautionary.  We take secrecy very serious at BR."

That's either fake, or an idiot wrote it and forged Abrams' signature.  Also, the idea that Abrams would threaten to personally destroy anyone's reputation in a form letter like that is absurd.  Sure, he or others might try to do that to people, but that part is either a joke, or again, fake.

I'm going with fake.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: P-Siddy on April 18, 2014, 08:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: P-Siddy on April 18, 2014, 08:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: JediJman on April 18, 2014, 01:16 AM ---So if Obi-Wan does have a kid and she is force sensitive, what's with the dialogue between Obi and Yoda in Empire basically stating Luke or another (Leia) are their only hope? 

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I can see that being a problem for some fans (and if it happens, we'll have to see how that works out)... But from a different angle, even if the kid is force-sensitive, perhaps Luke and Leia are the only hope for balancing the force.  They are Anakin's offspring so maybe the love of a father for his children and vice-versa (yeah, after maiming one and torturing the other) can win Vader over.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

A few things come to mind about how this could be written around.  First, Obi-Wan may have been in a relationship but did not know about the existance of a child. 

Also, there's the possibility that Obi-Wan could have known about a child, but kept that information from Yoda.  Could he have been compartmentalizing that information for the purposes of protecting people?  Is it possible defiance on the part of Obi-Wan in the spirit of Qui-Gon?  Remember Yoda admonishing Obi-Wan in TPM:  "Qui-Gon's defiance I sense in you.  Need that you do not".

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Diddly on April 18, 2014, 01:57 PM ---I wonder how many Bothans are going to sacrifice their careers to bring us spoilers?

--- End quote ---

The site that ran this earlier updated the original posting with the following:

--- Quote ---EDIT: Lucasfilm contacted Bad Robot and confirmed this memo is a forgery! Darkness is everywhere! Foul play is afoot!

--- End quote ---

I would expect anyone working for Bad Robot has signed an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) either upon being hired or for every individual project.  It's a standard business practice for many a media company.  Very likely everyone involved with Episode VII production has already signed an NDA, and that document would look radically different from the forgery on that site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version