Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 243572 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)
« on: November 5, 2012, 09:13 AM »
So...lots of speculation out there on Casting, Directing, Scoring etc

Let's start with who would you want to see from the OT return?

Do you think there will be any mention of Vader anywhere in the new movie?
« Last Edit: December 5, 2014, 01:34 PM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2012, 09:16 AM »
One other thought I had today (don't shoot me)...Do you think the reason we never saw Ahsoka in Episode III is that she is being saved for Episode VII.  Think Carbon Freezing :-\

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 5, 2012, 11:14 AM »
Who would freeze her? If she was frozen, would Anakin know about it? If so, wouldn't he freak out over freezing his son the same way?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 5, 2012, 11:37 AM »
Ugh.  I hope not.  I imagine that while recognized, there won't be much reference to CW in the new films.  I am sure there would be plenty of viewers going "Who the hell is that?" if Ashoka were unfrozen in VII.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 5, 2012, 11:40 AM »

Not Vader - but Anakin - why else would Lucas change the force ghost of Anakin to Hayden Christensen if not so Anakin's ghost could show up as an adviser to Elder Luke Skywalker.

If Ewan McGregor wasn't so busy, I'd almost go as far as saying that Old Ben (McGregor in make-up) would make an appearance as well...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 5, 2012, 12:12 PM »
Do you think the reason we never saw Ahsoka in Episode III is that she is being saved for Episode VII.

It's because she hadn't been invented yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 5, 2012, 12:28 PM »

Not Vader - but Anakin - why else would Lucas change the force ghost of Anakin to Hayden Christensen if not so Anakin's ghost could show up as an adviser to Elder Luke Skywalker.

Ooh...  That sounds pretty cool.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 5, 2012, 12:52 PM »
Now that they've even gone as far as having Liam Neeson record new Qui Gon dialog for the cartoon - I could see Luke consulting the force ghosts of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Yoda in a scene that would nicely - and legitimately bring in elements from both the prequel trilogy AND the original trilogy.

Heck - if they can't get Ewan to do it - they could always use the Avatar technology and have that guy that does the Obi-Wan voice from the cartoon do his best Alec Guiness impersonation and make the Obi-Wan force ghost entirely a computer generated performance.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 5, 2012, 01:06 PM »
kinda up in the air, who's to say main cast would want to be in the new movie, obviously if say Harrison Ford didn't want to do it they go easily write him off as killed in the aftermath of taking out the remainder of the Empire after ROTJ, but i think fans would just totally hate on the concept of not having the original cast.  So my feeling is that it would be whole new generation maybe even past the grandchildren of luke/leia/han.  Perhaps if they can get Hamill to reprise the role as Force ghost to bridge the gap/timeline. 

Either way i think the whole prospect of Disney taking over and getting new movies is great.  i gotta think that any new movies just can't be worse then TPM so I think we'll be ok.   
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 5, 2012, 01:09 PM »
BRING BACK JAR JAR!  :D

Honestly I want as little CGI/green screen as possible. I might cry if we get CGI Stormtroopers.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: November 5, 2012, 01:56 PM »
Do you think the reason we never saw Ahsoka in Episode III is that she is being saved for Episode VII.

It's because she hadn't been invented yet.

E...
Well duh...I'm talking more generally obviously.  One of the main things I have always hated about the CW Canon is that they threw her in there without any real thought of what that meant for Episode III.  Hey Anakin, you have this Padawan that you go on all sorts of crazy adventures on and she really means a lot to you...where did she go...who cares!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #11 on: November 5, 2012, 02:24 PM »
I'm thinking Ahsoka needs to die before the CW series ends. That's the only way they could reconcile her absence. Though the CW cartoon really should have been more about Anakin and Obi-Wan together...I feel like Ahsoka was an unnecessary addition to the SW universe.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: November 5, 2012, 02:46 PM »
I am hoping no on the frozen Jedi thing, only because it would really dampen the, "last of the Jedi" lines and stuff...  I'd really like as little OT meddling as possible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #13 on: November 5, 2012, 03:01 PM »
I'm curious what the "threat" is going to be. I'd prefer to not have a "plans-within-plans", "who's the real threat" storyline like the PT, and instead get back to the good vs. bad of the OT. And I really want a villain who spans all three movies, unlike the prequels, which felt like villain speed-dating or something like that.

One of my first thoughts was that I'd like to see the Mandalorians factor in in some way, but I know they're already featured in the CW cartoons, so I think they may have lost their "teeth."
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 5, 2012, 03:12 PM »
Though the CW cartoon really should have been more about Anakin and Obi-Wan together...I feel like Ahsoka was an unnecessary addition to the SW universe.

Nothing against Ahsoka, but I agree with that sentiment.... where's the rescuing Master Kenobi from a nest of gundarks type of stuff that Anakin mentions in Clones.  It should be about showing their friendship intertwining and the love between them so that we can see how heart-wrenching it is when Obi-Wan cuts Anakin's arms and legs and tells him that he was his brother and loved him, etc. before leaving him.