Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 243499 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Episode VII
« Reply #285 on: February 11, 2014, 05:57 PM »
With how close this is to the Oldman news I wonder if he's not locked in?  Be neat.  Good actor for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 26, 2014, 09:14 PM »
Fist Baddie for EP7?!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/inside-llewyn-davis-co-star-adam-driver-nearing-213716955.html

The same story ran in Variety, too.  The Variety piece went on to say that Michael Fassbender and Hugo Weaving had also been under consideration for a villain role as well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 27, 2014, 12:03 PM »
Boy is Lena Dunham a douche.

To answer your question, yes!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 28, 2014, 01:01 AM »
Welp, looks like I'm already viewing this movie in a negative light. I've only seen one episode of Girls and it was quite possibly the most painful 30 minutes of my life. The dirt worst of shows.

Hopefully by "villain" they mean this guy is playing Stormtrooper #4 or something.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 28, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Welp, looks like I'm already viewing this movie in a negative light. I've only seen one episode of Girls and it was quite possibly the most painful 30 minutes of my life. The dirt worst of shows.

Hopefully by "villain" they mean this guy is playing Stormtrooper #4 or something.

Agree 100%...hate the show, hate the character, hate the guy. A lightsaber to the face would be an improvement.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 28, 2014, 02:24 PM »
At least when this guy comes on the screen he'll be loathed by all based on his body of work.  Thankfully he's not going to be cast on the good side.  We can wish he would die from the second he's introduced!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 28, 2014, 10:02 PM »
Fist Baddie for EP7?!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/inside-llewyn-davis-co-star-adam-driver-nearing-213716955.html
Boy is Lena Dunham a douche.

Lena Dunham is too young to appreciate/understand Star Wars.  I'm not going to fault her for that.  It's just not her thing.

As for Adam Driver?  I think he plays his character well on Girls, although I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the series.  His character has been written to be somewhat unlikeable on that show.  Although I think he was alright in Inside Llewyn Davis.  In interviews he seems like a very different guy from the characters he's portrayed.

Anyhow, the leak about his casting seems like it's probably come from his agent rather than the studio.  With that in mind I don't know if this is a done deal. 

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 2, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Lena Dunham is too young to appreciate/understand Star Wars.  I'm not going to fault her for that.  It's just not her thing.

According to Wikipedia, Lena Dunham is 28 years old this May.

When Episode 1 came out, she was 13.

Whatever you want to say about the prequel trilogy, kids who were 5-15 when EP1 came out, SAW it.

This is nothing more than an actress/"writer" who thinks her s**t doesn't stink, acting like she is "above" Star Wars - nothing more, nothing less.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 2, 2014, 10:18 AM »
Defensive much? 

As much as we, the fans who take part in discussions on a Star Wars collecting website, are into Star Wars... NEWS FLASH!  Not the rest of the world is.

I can't help but think of what a complete and utter waste of time it is to give a flying **** what Lena Dunham of all people thinks about Star Wars.

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 2, 2014, 12:38 PM »
Defensive much? 

As much as we, the fans who take part in discussions on a Star Wars collecting website, are into Star Wars... NEWS FLASH!  Not the rest of the world is.

I can't help but think of what a complete and utter waste of time it is to give a flying **** what Lena Dunham of all people thinks about Star Wars.

If you think it was a waste of time, why did you give a flying **** and defend her?

I'm not the first person on this thread to express a strong dislike for her or her show.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #297 on: March 2, 2014, 02:03 PM »
Girls sucks to me like I'd say Star Wars sucks (in theory) to her.  I've met a lot of women who never saw Star Wars at all do I'm not shocked really.  Her show gets lots of praise so I assume it's just not my cup of tea is all.  Plus call me a pig on this but she's naked in it often and that's something I'm not into witnessing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 2, 2014, 02:38 PM »
Girls sucks to me like I'd say Star Wars sucks (in theory) to her.  I've met a lot of women who never saw Star Wars at all do I'm not shocked really.  Her show gets lots of praise so I assume it's just not my cup of tea is all.  Plus call me a pig on this but she's naked in it often and that's something I'm not into witnessing.

I have seen a few episodes of Girls, and like you didn't really care for it. I don't think I'm the target audience though. Anyway, I am curious to see Lena's performance in Episode 7. It should be interesting to say the least.

Wait, she was the one who got cast, right?  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 2, 2014, 04:25 PM »

I have seen a few episodes of Girls, and like you didn't really care for it. I don't think I'm the target audience though. Anyway, I am curious to see Lena's performance in Episode 7. It should be interesting to say the least.

Wait, she was the one who got cast, right?  :P

Wait....  so Lena Dunham WASN'T CAST as Leia's Brooklyn dwellling hipster/slacker/ne're-do-well daughter?

It's about RELAVENCE.  And CONTEXT.  If JJ Abrams or Larry Kasdan were making comments like those in her tweet, I might care.  But since Lena Dunham has NOTHING to do with the production of Episode VII, I take her comments for what they are:  MEANINGLESS.

People spend an awful lot of time getting bent out of shape over things that mean absolutely ******* nothing.

Feedback