Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 244230 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)
« Reply #690 on: May 5, 2015, 11:57 PM »
Pretty big spoilers dropped by VF, IMO... now we can confirm that the character formerly known as Rose is really Maz Kanata (played by Lupita Nyong'o), has Anakin/Luke's saber, and her castle is attacked at some point by Phasma, played by Gwendoline Christie.

Anyone notice the dude in the picture of the space pirates wearing an old Stormtrooper helmet painted black? Right to the left of the red dude. I kinda wish there were more "classic" aliens, or even PT aliens thrown in, but it's all good. Just from that picture alone, I can tell this castle scene will feel more like the Mos Eisley Cantina than that stupid Coruscant bar from AOTC.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 6, 2015, 09:49 AM »
Maybe Hasbro can make a FurBossk that flatulates.  :-X

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 6, 2015, 10:22 AM »
So, like, is that morbidly obese Bossk up there?

"Bossk Hogg", per se?

I saw that Trandoshan and thought it was Gah Nackht with a pituitary gland problem. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #693 on: May 6, 2015, 10:54 AM »
As cool as the aliens are, I don't expect any of them to be the main attraction or even noticeable in the film. I remember the rollout for TPM was somewhat similar in that we saw a lot of background stuff like Tatooine street aliens before anything substantial and this is somewhat similar. So I expect A LOT more volume and variety. Though I have to say what I really wanted with this movie was some 'new' and the pirates are giving that.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 16, 2015, 07:41 AM »
Just who is Daniel Craig playing in THE FORCE AWAKENS?

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 23, 2015, 10:40 PM »
Just who is Daniel Craig playing in THE FORCE AWAKENS?

Semaj Dnob - A playboy secret agent for the Resistance. Rumored to be in the Specter star cluster. Last seen on planet Skyfall.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 28, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Check out more from the Vanity Fair article including a look at Andy Serkis in mo-cap gear portraying his newly named character Supreme Leader Snoke. 

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #697 on: May 28, 2015, 02:20 PM »
Supreme Leader Snoke.

Oh man, I hope he looks like this...

Oh, wait you said Snoke, not Snork.   :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 28, 2015, 02:29 PM »
The name really could evoke a range of images. Like?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:30 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 28, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Are we sure Lucas has nothing to do with character naming this time?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 28, 2015, 06:01 PM »
Hmm... can't say I'm a fan of the name, but at the same time I hated a lot of the Prequel names the first time I heard them too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #701 on: May 28, 2015, 08:23 PM »
That last image seems a tad aggressive for the kids.  I'd be afraid to take little ones to the film.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 22, 2015, 08:12 AM »
Some pretty awesome images from THE FORCE AWAKENS in this Making Star Wars post.

Oh, and how about the return of Admiral Ackbar and Nien Nunb?!?!?!

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 6, 2015, 04:50 PM »
Check out this EW article about the Star Wars presentation at SDCC 2015.  The panel happens this Friday:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens at Comic-Con: What you'll see … and what you won't

No trailer, but Lucasfilm has other surprises planned for San Diego's geekstravaganza

by Anthony Breznican • @Breznican

Posted July 6 2015 — 4:07 PM EDT

“Your eyes can deceive you. Don’t trust them.” So says Obi-Wan Kenobi, but Entertainment Weekly has learned some details about the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel at San Diego Comic-Con that you can count on.

'Star Wars: Uprising' gives first look at post-'Return of the Jedi' period
First of all, the presentation this Friday afternoon will not include a trailer or any new clips of the movie. The next trailer will be coming in the fall, according to sources with knowledge of the project.

But don’t go hurling your cup of blue milk at the wall just yet. There will be other surprises.

Roughly six months before the Dec. 18 release, the Comic-Con panel will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the highly secretive film, which was completely locked down to press during production. (It’s still locked down. Lucasfilm and parent company Disney declined requests for comment.)

Director J.J. Abrams, screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan, and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy are already confirmed as part of the panel, which will be moderated by Nerdist impresario and Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick.

Although EW hasn’t learned just which of the cast members will be joining them, our spies say there will be several actors who haven’t yet spoken publicly about their roles venturing onstage in Hall H.

In advance of The Force Awakens panel, there will be two publishing presentations Friday morning about upcoming Star Wars books, but those will also be somewhat restricted in what they can reveal.

Chuck Wendig (Blackbirds, Under the Empyrean Sky), author of the novel Star Wars: Aftermath, will be discussing his personal history with the galaxy far, far away during a Friday morning panel, but won’t be able to dive too deeply into the plot of his book, which explores the battles between the Empire and the Rebellion following the events of Return of the Jedi. Much of that will remain under wraps until closer to the book’s Sept. 4 debut.

A panel for middle-grade books will have more to reveal, since most of their stories are retellings of the original trilogy. Alexandra Bracken (the Darkest Minds series), will discuss The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy—a is series of first-person perspectives from Leia, Luke, and Han about the events from the original Star Wars.

Adam Gidwitz (A Tale Dark and Grim series), will explore retelling The Empire Strikes Back from Luke’s perspective in So You Want To Be a Jedi, and Tom Angleberger (The Star Wars Origami books), will share his quest to bring humor to Return of the Jedi with Beware the Power of the Dark Side.

Finally, Tony Diterlizzi (The Spiderwick Chronicles) will showcase his picture book retelling of the original trilogy, illustrated with artwork by the late Ralph McQuarrie, the concept artist who devised the look for much of George Lucas’s universe.

Before The Force Awakens trailer hits this fall, there will be even more Star Wars at Disney’s D23 fan convention in Anaheim this August. Until then, remember these words of wisdom from The Emperor …

Not really surprised that there won't be another trailer shown at SDCC2015.  We've had the teaser and the first real trailer at SWCA.  The speculation about a trailer being shown at D23 in August is worth noting, though.  I think there's also the possibility that they're holding that final trailer for PERHAPS the fall season premiere of REBELS or something else on the ABC tv network.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #704 on: July 10, 2015, 09:24 PM »
Enjoying what's coming in.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77