Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 246914 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)
« Reply #735 on: October 23, 2015, 05:57 PM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 7, 2015, 10:11 AM »
Back to the US trailer, there's a scene of a forest planet burning up (after seeing Poe being tortured).  I wonder if that could be Endor?  It could fit if what I heard about the Knights of Rens' agenda is correct (collecting Vader things and destroying the rest).  Plus the New Order might destroy the planet since it was the home to the decisive victory and the fall of the Emperor, Vader and Empire. 

Of course, pure speculation, but that would be a "whoa" moment.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #737 on: December 10, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 10, 2015, 01:54 PM »
That was completely brilliant!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #739 on: December 11, 2015, 11:41 PM »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 12, 2015, 05:22 PM »
Nice!

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 17, 2015, 12:07 AM »
Saw it last night and it was all sorts of amazing.

Captain Phasma, so under used, she's the Maul of this series.
She looked all sorts of awesome and then was hardly used in the movie.
So very dissappointed in her use.

Han was great and Kylo certainly looked the part of Solo's son.
Can't wait to see it again.

So many things to talk about, going again tomorrow night with my other 2 kids

Starwars forever !!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 17, 2015, 06:52 PM »
I found Rey's theme from the soundtrack on youtube. The entire soundtrack is there under this guy. The soundtrack sounds incredible. It's mostly all original and some sad parts. John Williams did an incredible job with it. It's not made up of stuff we've heard before like the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTmP0iBQUkA
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:54 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #743 on: December 17, 2015, 11:33 PM »
I'm not going to NOT say spoilerish stuff, so if you're in here, shame on you...  but just incase.
Just got home...  Diane went with me.  The kids won't be home from college till the weekend and Josh I figure would rather see it with them than alone with me haha.

Very good.  Some questions in my mind though, and some "meh" moments (I won't lie, it has moments that are just devoid of reason, or at least at this point they are...  could be answered shortly, like in 2 years).

I'm with Hemish on Phasma...  She, basically, is Boba Fett would be my analogy...  Hell, he even shoots.  So yeah, that was really odd. 

The humor was a LITTLE much at times, but when Han was in it, it was always good.  Finn's definitely got some future with the humor though.  Nothing is PT level humor though, it's all far better.

I'm perplexed on how Finn knew how to use a lightsaber.  I'm also perplexed on his future/role...

Poe's as well.  He's like Wedge if Wedge had a ****load more to do than in the original 3 films.

Diane and I had actual debate on Rey's heritage since they spill the beans so early on Renn's heritage.

Overall I really enjoyed it, and I really will look forward to seeing it again.  Probably Saturday barring physical probs.

I saw in 2D...  3D Saturday, and I've had some neurological problems since early Summer, and I've had a bad go of it just this last couple weeks, so 3D is kind of scaring me.  I made it through 2D fine but a bad headache at the end.

The pace was fast and felt like it was wanting to get a LOT in.  Like I'm feeling as though there's a good deal more that is cut from this film.  I also felt like they were trying hard to give a lot of OT nods throughout which is fine, but don't try TOO hard, and I'd be ok seeing less of that in the next film.

I had a blast though, lots of fun, and am anxious to watch again.

Hugs to Jeff.  He'll need them, I'm sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #744 on: December 18, 2015, 12:09 AM »

Sorry Jeff :(

Absolutely loved it...that scene on the catwalk was brutal and you could hear a pin drop in the theater

A few questions that haven't been answered

Han and Leia seem to know Snoke...how?
Who was Max Von Sydow?
Where were any OT aliens outside of Ackbar and Nunb?  No Rodians? 

Agreed on Phasma...she seemed wasted

Loved the first scene with 3PO
loved the medic scene with Chewie

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 18, 2015, 12:44 AM »
Agreed on all points.  Solid movie.  Very enjoyable.

Phasma was a waste, and I'm just annoyed at how difficult it is to find toys of her when her character is meaningless.  I'm not going to rant here about all the TFA toys released that have nothing to do with the movie.

A couple other things that bug me about the movie:
- The "small universe" issue.  Why does everyone have to be related to everyone and in the same spot in the galaxy?  I'm mostly okay with the Kylo ren relationship, but it really bugged me that Rey and Finn just stumble on the Falcon, that is then just stumbled on by Han and Chewie, who have nothing to do with the Resistance, but Leia happened to have sent Poe/BB-8 on a mission that they all get tangled up in.  Really???
- Han's use of Chewie's bowcaster.  After 40 years together, you think he would have shot it a couple of times, or maybe his humor was just a little too dry.
- Superweapons as a plot device.  I'm soooo tired of all the super weapons / super villains.  Maybe that is why TESB is enjoyable.  No superweapons you've got to destroy.  Why did it have to be Death Star 3?
- Kylo Ren inconsistencies with the Force.  He has the ability to stop a laser blast (very cool), but seems to be fairly weak in battle.  I would have liked it that he was still a novice with the force, but powerful enough to mess with normal people.  Stopping a laser blast seems fairly advanced.

All of those are really nitpicks in an overall really enjoyable movie though. 

Probably my favorite part was the Rey story.  I'll be interested to see what they do with that and how/if Luke gets pulled back in.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #746 on: December 18, 2015, 12:51 AM »
That battle between Rey and Ren at the end was amazing...people cheered as the saber flew past his head and she ignited it...so bad ass

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #747 on: December 18, 2015, 01:11 AM »

Sorry Jeff :(

Dammit.   :'(

I had stayed 99% spoiler-free (saw the "Resistance Outfit" Rey figure - while that was a spoiler, it wasn't wholly unexpected I guess).

The Ben/Ren stuff though.  Oof.  Same here - total silence in the theater during that catwalk scene.  Then, gut punch.   :'(

Excuse me while I go process this movie and smash my ******* piece of **** ******bag Kylo Ren action figure repeatedly with a hammer.   >:(

...OK, back now.

Good points Scotty - MVS seemed to be someone with Alderaanian history... maybe Jedi history too or something.  Hope we learn more about him, why he had the missing piece of the map, etc.

Also, Rey - kinda glad they didn't spill all the beans on her and saved some stuff...  technically her mom and dad and the rest of her family are still a bit of a debate.  There are clues and things that point in certain directions, but open enough to leave you wondering for the next 18 months.

Starkiller base was crazy - it was like the DS rescue, the DS bombing runs, Endor bunker raid, and so much more combo'd into one thing.  So much OT recycled into the plot for nostalgia beats, but it was so awesome I don't really care.

Going to go let it sink in and am already looking forward to seeing it again on Saturday morning with my boys.  ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #748 on: December 18, 2015, 01:44 AM »
I've seen it twice now.. still trying to process.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 18, 2015, 01:52 AM »
Terrific, not perfect, but then none of them really are. I'd love to know how much Mark Hamill got paid for those epic 30 seconds.  :D

I had more than a few questions but still need to let it sink in.

Daisy Ridley was effing amazing!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy