Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)  (Read 244086 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)
« Reply #780 on: December 18, 2015, 03:08 PM »
An observation I made at the end (Rey/Luke) is that there is a headstone jutting out not far from Luke, just a rock, something you'd see in old cemeteries.  Rey's mother?  Mara Jade?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 18, 2015, 03:51 PM »
No - the back story is that apparently they moved the senate from Coruscant to Chandrilla, and then from Chandrilla to Hosnian Prime - the Hosnian system is the one that got fried, which Poe mentions. Coruscant is safe.

Thank you, I do remember the Chandrilla bit from Aftermath, but wasn't aware it had moved again after that.

Was the Republic/Resistance totally unaware they were building this massive planet sized weapon? One would assume that would take many years to complete. Seems like a hard secret to keep.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 18, 2015, 04:01 PM »
I may have been so wrapped up in the movie that his presence did little to impress me, but when was Constable Zuvio on screen?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #783 on: December 18, 2015, 04:08 PM »
The only time I think I saw him was in Rey's force trip.

Likewise I didn't see any vehicles but xwings tie and falcon.  The Sandspeeder MIGHT have been in the distant background of a scene tho.  No atrt things no snowspeeder. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #784 on: December 18, 2015, 04:13 PM »
In the Visual Dictionary they have pictures of Rey in a Snowspeeder

Also on those shots of the First Order army assembled you can see walkers and transports off in the distance...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #785 on: December 18, 2015, 04:25 PM »
The only time I think I saw him was in Rey's force trip.

Likewise I didn't see any vehicles but xwings tie and falcon.  The Sandspeeder MIGHT have been in the distant background of a scene tho.  No atrt things no snowspeeder.

Snowspeeder was behind Finn and Rey went they were pulling that small part/fuse out of the base.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #786 on: December 18, 2015, 04:27 PM »
Sydows character is named Lor San Tekka according to books released today

It also looks like there was supposed to be much more Republic and Senate than was shown

Lor San Tekka is part of an underground movement called the "Church of the Force"
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 18, 2015, 04:34 PM »
I too was surprised at the lack of new vehicles and beasts in this movie.  The cynical side of me thought that it seemed at times GL went out of his way to have new vehicles in a movie just so there could be new toys.

Other than Rey's speeder, Kylo Ren's shuttle, and the First Order landing craft, there really weren't any new vehicles in the movie.  Did we even see more than a flash of the exterior of the freighter thing that Han/Chewie were on?

And of those vehicles, we've already got Rey's speeder.  I'm not sure Kylo Ren's shuttle would make a good toy.  Maybe the only one that could be turned in to a toy would be the First Order landing craft, and that didn't seem all that neat.

About the only even minor beast is the scavenger that grabbed BB-8 (sorry I don't have everyone's names memorized yet) and that hippo/pig/dog thing that was at the watering hole on Jakku.  I can't see them making the hippo/pig/dog thing.

I guess maybe it doesn't matter with the rapid fire nature of these movies.  We don't need a movie to last us for three years from a merchandising perspective.  Probably only 12 months with all the new stuff coming.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 18, 2015, 04:40 PM »
What character did Simon Pegg play?  I've been avoiding spoiler news for so long that I'm sure there are all sorts of interesting nuggets I'm not aware of.

He was the one the scavengers where trading with that wanted BB8.  Don't know the name...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 18, 2015, 05:48 PM »
I was just surprised at how so many of the Hasbro toys had so little to do with the plot.  They are pretty uninteresting as toys, so I expected a little more role in the movie. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 18, 2015, 07:06 PM »
Oh wow, didn't realize that was a different Rebel helmet Rey put on. Thought I saw the "caution" stripes on the front!

And supposedly there are a TON of cut scenes. Hopefully they're on the Blu-Ray
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 18, 2015, 07:28 PM »
Poe's escape from Jakku would be nice.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 18, 2015, 08:39 PM »
I was just surprised at how so many of the Hasbro toys had so little to do with the plot.  They are pretty uninteresting as toys, so I expected a little more role in the movie. 

There's a very subtle indicator of which vehicles from the toy line are in the movie and which ones are not.  That being a single line of text on the toy packaging.  If "THE FORCE AWAKENS" text is on the package, that vehicle appears in the movie.  Vehicles like the speeder bike, assault walkers and the Jakku speeder don't have that "THE FORCE AWAKENS"  text, and it doesn't appear to be a coincidence that they aren't in the film. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:40 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 18, 2015, 08:42 PM »
I had hoped/thought that maybe MVS's character was an old/aged Kanan as well but I realized he wasn't when Kylo Ren dispatched him so quickly, would have been cool if he had been Kanan and right when Ren confronted him, he took out the two separate pieces from different spots on his belt, clicked them together, and ignited a lightsaber - for viewers unaware of the Rebels cartoon, he'd appear as just a Jedi in hiding and it would have been a great easter egg for those of us who watch Rebels.

Oh well...

I think we're going to have to wait til the end of the cartoon to find out what happens to the crew of the Ghost - hopefully they DO actually give us an ending with Rebels...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!