Author Topic: Vintage Figures That Need Redone  (Read 7282 times)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Figures That Need Redone
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 09:23 PM »
Not really sure why there would be a need for another Yavin Ceremony Han.  Sure, the VC version sucks, but it's basically just ANH Han with a medal, right?  Just take the awesome VOTC version & slap a medal on him.  Presto.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 10:36 PM »
Hey! That shirt MUST be BUTTONED!!!  ;D

Vintage_Yoda

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Not really sure why there would be a need for another Yavin Ceremony Han.

Because what we got was horribly screen inaccurate.  It's not just the fact that he had his shirt buttoned up at the ceremony, but the shirt he was wearing had sleeves that went all the way down to his wrists.  If they're going to charge me $10 for it, I'd prefer they get it right and not just take the lazy way out.

Drives me crazy when they take the lazy way because it's "close enough". [insert rant on the gross misuse of Vader/Anakin/Luke lightsaber/hilts  ::)]

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 11:32 PM »
yeah the shirt's pretty much everything here...  The sleeves are longer than Han's normal collarless shirts, and this shirt appears to be cut like the Rebels are wearing.  Actually it's seemingly exactly like the Technician Commander's shirt who's seen in the war room (says about the new enemy signals, enemy fighters).

Basically, it's a Fleet Trooper/Antilles shirt...  Guess Han's shirt had been on him so long it could almost walk away so the Rebels gave him something new and more formal for the medal ceremony?  I dunno.

And if we're going to fix that, I'd like to see them either go back to the VOTC head or a new attempt at ANH Han because that Ceremony/DSE Han head is attrocious on multiple levels to me.  It's like Big Head Han from 78 all over again.

And since I can, I'm asking for the separate sculpted thigh-strap as part of the figure's pistol holster...  That's such an awesome feature on Ceremony Luke, Legacy Hoth Rebel Troopers, and other figures...  It gives the holster realistic positioning and seems to barely, if at all, hinder a figure's leg articulation since it moves with the leg well.  It's a feature I really miss them doing.

VOTC Han, honestly I'd like to see redone...  They've milked the tooling long enough.  I'd like to see an "Ultimate" ANH Han in 3.75" scale that's like the upcoming 6" figure.  Include removable regular blaster belt/holster and a Stormtrooper one.  Extra gloved hands.  DL44 retooled would be dandy too.  They've done some impressive stuff with weapon sculpts in the last 6 years.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 04:46 AM »
Hard to believe it's been NINE years since we got the VOTC Han. No ANH Han since then has come close to topping it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 10:58 AM »
And since I can, I'm asking for the separate sculpted thigh-strap as part of the figure's pistol holster...  That's such an awesome feature on Ceremony Luke, Legacy Hoth Rebel Troopers, and other figures...  It gives the holster realistic positioning and seems to barely, if at all, hinder a figure's leg articulation since it moves with the leg well. 

As long as the strap is made of soft enough material. The 2006 AT-AT Driver's straps start to tear when you seat him, unless you are careful. One of mine tore completely.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 04:14 PM »
I've got like 30 of them and never had that problem scockery...  Weird.  Same with the Reb pilots...  I agree though that I want flexible material...  Hoth rebel is perfect.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 05:07 PM »
Hey! That shirt MUST be BUTTONED!!!  ;D

I pointed this out to Darryl at SDCC this past year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."