Author Topic: $5 Vintage Collection @ Five Below  (Read 38401 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: $5 Vintage Collection @ Five Below
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 02:42 AM »
[lumburgh]Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh[/lumburgh]

If anyone just happens to buy too many Gammies and wants to sell me 3-4 of them, I'd be okay with that. :)

Heck, I'd even take a few more VC45 AOTC Clones if those are still showing up.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 02:34 PM »
Unfortunately my local store was cleaned out of the good ROTJ figures... that being said, I'm in the market for several (6 or so) Gamorreans and a Jedi Luke if anyone sees extras.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Picked up four Gamorrean Guards and a Weequay Skiff Master at Five Below last night on the way home.

The thing I was most amused about was the fact that the case my store got was the one that had Wedge in it - so in addition to all of the other ROTJ figures on the pegs, there were like 6 Wedge figures there too.  :-X
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 03:06 PM »
Pete - do you know if the Wedges were the original carded version?  I would love to get one or two of those for my carded collection if you happen to see more.  Like others, I would absolutely love to scrounge up a few more Gammoreans as well!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 05:04 PM »
Pete - do you know if the Wedges were the original carded version?  I would love to get one or two of those for my carded collection if you happen to see more.  Like others, I would absolutely love to scrounge up a few more Gammoreans as well!

What do you consider to be the original? I know there was something about the back being changed at one point, so I'm not sure, I don't follow variations that closely.... (sorry) - if you can show me pics as examples, I can tell you since I did pick one of the Wedge's up and look at it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 06:28 PM »
In the St Louis area and dropped by a 5 Below.  Record 2 Piggies.  Almost got a Wedge but passed.

Offline jedi_shadow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2012, 09:32 PM »
Got 4 gamorrean guards today at my local 5 below.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2012, 11:19 PM »
Nice scores guys!  Congrats on the cheap Piggies.

Pete - thanks for the offer.  I thought there was more of a card change, but I guess it's just the photo depicted on the back.  The original shows the full card on the top/back, while the newer version just shows a close up of Wedge.  I'd still take one if you can find a minty one (especially unpunched), but not a must have I suppose.  Thanks!

Justin
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 11:26 PM »
I went to the store near me and found nothing but General Landos, skiffmasters, Nikto jedis, senate guards and Rebel commandos.

almost got a commando, but those will be in the ROTJ wave, too. Besides, no heads to swap out with. Hasbro and their dumb rebel facial hair obsession.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: December 1, 2012, 08:20 PM »
Got 4 Gammies at my 5below but next furthest someone beat me to them.  Wickets gone too.  Weird.

I got a wedge and ackbar at 2nd 5below.  A nice gf got me the Gammies while I was out visiting accounts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2012, 02:10 AM »
Curto found the wheelbarrow and posted it on twitter, but I've not checked mys tores again.   I'll check this week when I'm out, but I just didn't have the energy to go shopping anymore than I already did.

I'm hoping filled to the brim for the week before Xmas but who knows.  The Gammie I got was at a store that had zippo but had put out 5 cases, so he was definitely new.  They have more stock if they haven't done the wheelbarrow display yet...  Still not sure they ARE doing it, or if it's a flex thing they can do at random if they have the stock for it.  Mine are still up at the register.

Know who's selling like hotcakes?  Ackbar.  Weird huh?

Endor Rebels here too, they had a lot from the pre-ROTJ assortment, but he's moving.  Sandtroopers hit, and again they're moving fast.

Remember the 212th and white ROTS Clones people said didn't sell because they sucked?  Well $5 seemed to dillute that a little bit.  I passed on all the 212th because I had plenty, but now I kinda regret it.  Haven't seen one since their case initially hit.

I'm hoping Sandtroopers last into 2013 so I can nab one now and then like I did when they hit last year.  I'll adjust to Endor Rebels but they take customizing to make really great IMO.  :(  Sandtroopers were just fun to bust open a bunch and keep adding to the Empire every time I had $5 burning a hole in my pocket and nothing else to buy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Just hit the 5 Below in Monroeville and they only have a handful eft.  They are towards the back and hnging on pegs.  They did have one Sndtrooper left FYI.  No wheelbarrows, and no new waves..... yet.

Merry Christmas!
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2012, 04:02 PM »
I got a couple Gammies there a month ago.  They had pegs in back, where I found one... none in wheelbarrows, but I was satisfied to pick that up... until I got to the registers where they had another set of pegs devoted to figures, where I found a second.  And I verified my Wedge that it's different than the earlier release.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2012, 10:28 PM »
I went by one of these stores the other day.  They had a few from the Ackbar waves. but not much.  However, it's good to have another place to look.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2012, 09:58 PM »
What all is out may not be what all is there.  Last year the manager showed me how many cases they had in back of the AOTC wave...  It was insane.  I'd say 2 dozen sealed cases.  She let me pick some Sandtroopers out.

Not sure that's the same this year but it may be that there's more ROTJ cases lingering about.  I know my store still had a good many figures from that and the previous wave left, but they up and disappeared one day.