Author Topic: $5 Vintage Collection @ Five Below  (Read 38413 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: $5 Vintage Collection @ Five Below
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Saw CHEWIE found those in MO...  Sometimes they're a lil flukey but I'm hoping those hit hard.  It's also possible that was stock meant for another front wheelbarrow display...  I'm hoping that is coming with a but load of Wave 3 figs. :)  I'll be all DST stocked. :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2013, 07:18 PM »
I wonder which one he hit.  I was at one earlier this week and they had the WM TPM wave and a couple old Weequays.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2013, 08:07 PM »
You're in MO too? 

It's the randomness of this that makes me wonder if it wasn't a store that had little old stock and put out new as soon as they got it, while others may be holding onto new stock because there isn't room...  Or because a larger display is planned.  My friend told me 5Below has been pretty happy with how figures have sold...  They've done the wheelbarrow displays now for a couple years.  I wouldn't be shocked to see another.

My stores have plenty Walmart wave on the pegs here and some straggler aotc Zams.  I'm suspecting another big figure dump at all their stores is brewing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2013, 09:10 PM »
I was hoping to get by the 5 Below near me tonight but they closed at 6pm. Tomorrow will be a busy lunch hour though. Cheap Malgi and INC's are like crack.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2013, 05:44 AM »
New 5 Below opens here in Austin on August 2 at 9:30. I get off work at 9:00 so hopefully I can finally snag a INC!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2013, 10:58 AM »
Jesse, yep in St. Louis now... As of July 1.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Hope you find that store Steve!  I am really hoping these are widespread ala the Gammie Guard last year though.  those hit fairly hard at least once.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2013, 01:18 PM »
I hit both of the closest 5 Belows up at lunch...no traces of new waves at all. Same ole Woofs and DTF swag. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Still makes me hopeful that the Tarkin/Vizsla wave will show up someday.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2013, 01:21 PM »
5 Below tends NOT to be regional...  If one gets, they all will.  Like I said above, I think it's entirely possible this was a store with depleted (or no) stock, and wheelbarrow stuff came in and they put it out early...  I think a wheelbarrow display is a solid bet since they've done one now for a couple years.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2013, 05:43 PM »
No Malgus wave here yet, but they put out more Discover the Force stock after being down to like 2 figures last time I was there. Finally got a G8-R3, who always sells out quick.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2013, 12:19 AM »
Bump...  Keep your eyes peeled for 2012 wave 3 now I guess.  :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2013, 05:57 PM »
I wonder which one he hit.  I was at one earlier this week and they had the WM TPM wave and a couple old Weequays.

I was at the one in Fenton, off Hwy 141.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2013, 06:01 PM »
5 Below tends NOT to be regional...  If one gets, they all will.  Like I said above, I think it's entirely possible this was a store with depleted (or no) stock, and wheelbarrow stuff came in and they put it out early...  I think a wheelbarrow display is a solid bet since they've done one now for a couple years.

A couple guys on FB also reported finding this wave in other areas, so I would assume most of the Five Below stores will get some of these in... or at least hopefully they will.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2013, 06:10 PM »
Agreed, I'm hoping this is a big BIG thing with the displays like last year...  They're on the verge of gearing up for back-to-school which always seems to include toys.  My local friend with the company said they've really liked the collector-response to Star Wars stuff, and were happy with all they've gotten in...  Surprised by it really.

My stores mostly have DTF stuff around still, new cases put out again...  It was the same with AOTC wave and ROTJ/repaint stuff.  They put out tons and had a BOATLOAD more in the back.  Like absurd numbers.  She showed me the stacks of unopened cases of stuff at different times.  It was funny almost how many cases they had.  Never saw DTF but clearly they had a ton of that too.  I still nab an army builder or droid for fun.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2013, 07:00 AM »
I think this shows that the "sweet" spot for pricing on these is $5.  I wonder how the number ($) that the $5 units generated compares to the number the $10 units generated.