Author Topic: 2013 Movie Heroes Class I Vehicles  (Read 30332 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2013 Movie Heroes Class I Vehicles
« on: September 4, 2012, 03:37 PM »
I really liked what I saw for the Class I series at Celebration 6.  Adding a second figure and rounding them up to $20 seems like a better deal when you compare them to what we get for $18 now or even compared to the current 3-figure BPs for $23.

The little Yoda ship was nifty (love the fact that you can swap the astro-dome on the ship with any BAD dome) and also loved how the MTT Droid Fighter fits right into the MTT.  Makes the MTT just a bit cooler, despite it coming with yet another Ep1 Obi-Wan.

And glad to see the Clone Dropship as well.  I'll be skipping frantically searching for the (currently) VHTF Clone Wars version and just grab this new 'movie' version when it hits next Spring.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Movie Heroes Class I Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: September 5, 2012, 10:23 PM »
I really liked what I saw for the Class I series at Celebration 6.  Adding a second figure and rounding them up to $20 seems like a better deal when you compare them to what we get for $18 now or even compared to the current 3-figure BPs for $23.

The little Yoda ship was nifty (love the fact that you can swap the astro-dome on the ship with any BAD dome) and also loved how the MTT Droid Fighter fits right into the MTT.  Makes the MTT just a bit cooler, despite it coming with yet another Ep1 Obi-Wan.

And glad to see the Clone Dropship as well.  I'll be skipping frantically searching for the (currently) VHTF Clone Wars version and just grab this new 'movie' version when it hits next Spring.

Agreed.  Hasbro's new approach is solid on this line.  I want the Clone Wars version of the Dropship so will have to be hoping for it to appear magically before the end of the year.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2012, 11:24 AM »

Sandtroopers had a new pic of the first wave of 2013 Class I vehicles, and they look to be much better than the majority of the sets we got in 2012. Can't wait for the Yoda fighter, and hopefully they modified the Drop Pod a little to where it can fit non-Clone Wars figures.

Price is supposed to be $19.99 apparently, and they're justifying it by throwing a second figure in.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 2, 2012, 12:00 PM »
hopefully they modified the Drop Pod a little to where it can fit non-Clone Wars figures.

No modifications, at Celebration VI they confirmed that it was the same ship only repainted in 501st Blue.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2012, 12:05 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 2, 2012, 01:08 PM »
It's still too bad some of the figures are sucky and there's no OT items.  It's also a shame that websites go overboard on their watermarks.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 2, 2012, 01:52 PM »
It's also a shame that websites go overboard on their watermarks.

When you can't even read the text on the boxes, it really is a bit much.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 2, 2012, 02:37 PM »
Price is supposed to be $19.99 apparently, and they're justifying it by throwing a second figure in.

Considering the price is currently $17 or $18, I won't mind paying an extra two bucks for an extra (albeit crappy) figure.

hopefully they modified the Drop Pod a little to where it can fit non-Clone Wars figures.

No modifications, at Celebration VI they confirmed that it was the same ship only repainted in 501st Blue.

That's a damn shame, since not even normal Clone Wars figures can fit in the cockpit. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: December 2, 2012, 06:39 PM »
I got a TIE Pilot in mine...  No Clone handy though.  I'm betting I could get many figures to fit if the TIE Pilot with somewhat limited posing and a goofy big helmet and chestbox fit though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 2, 2012, 07:25 PM »
I got a TIE Pilot in mine...  No Clone handy though.  I'm betting I could get many figures to fit if the TIE Pilot with somewhat limited posing and a goofy big helmet and chestbox fit though.

Interesting. Maybe the TIE pilot works since it is a skinnier mold. So far I have tried Vintage Collection Oddball, a basic TCW clone, and the Clone Pilot from the Gunship Turret BP, and I couldn't get the canopy closed. I might play around with the TVC Clone since it's a skinnier sculpt.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Class I
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 09:34 AM »
Some nice hi-res shots of the 2013 sets over at RS...I'm liking the deco enhancements on the Tactical Droid. Also think I'm going to have to pick up another Dropship even though it is not technically a CW offering.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 11:11 AM »
not going to lie, all of these sets have my attention at the very least.  The ship for the MTT, which I don't even have yet, being the coolest of the 4.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Personally, I'm glad that we're seeing a lot more new sculpts in this assortment.  And I'm fine with the Dropship's 501st deco repaint.  That ship was super scarce, and deserved a better run at retail.  And if Hasbro decides to repaint the Y-Wing Scout Bomber, too?  That's fine by me as well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 12:29 AM »
I'm down for one of each set, plus multiples of the dropship! I like that Hasbro used a less-known mold for the Clone Pilot (Evolutions sculpt), and even sculpted a new head for pilot Yoda. I don't even mind the sub-par battle droid sculpts; getting some extra filler for my droid army shelves is more than worth the few extra dollars these sets will cost.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 12:30 PM »
According to JTA, these have hit TRU in Connecticut
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight