Author Topic: 2013 Movie Heroes Class I Vehicles  (Read 30327 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2013 Movie Heroes Class I Vehicles
« Reply #30 on: January 6, 2013, 06:44 PM »
Weird. All of the domes I tried (R2 & R5 style) worked without incident.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 6, 2013, 07:27 PM »
Weird. All of the domes I tried (R2 & R5 style) worked without incident.

Were they older Hasbro domes or Disney domes?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: January 6, 2013, 08:29 PM »
My Disney n BAD domes swap fine...  I'm surprised there'd be an issue with the yoda fighter then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 6, 2013, 08:34 PM »
My Disney n BAD domes swap fine...  I'm surprised there'd be an issue with the yoda fighter then.

Exactly, all my Disney parts swap just fine with the Legacy BAD parts, so the fact that the peg in the Yoda JSF droid dome is a smidge thicker diameter makes it incompatible with everything that's come before.

Edit: Okay - so I had originally bought an extra R3 Clear w/Purple dome and R2 Silver w/Green dome for use on two spare Yoda JSFs and the domes from those JSFs were going to be put on Disney White w/Black Trunks with Black w/Silver Left, Right and Middle legs.

The two Disney Domes are too loose. They fall right back out of the socket (unless I wrap the peg in some tape to increase the diameter of the peg).

I tried with the following domes:
R2-D2 (Discover the Force) - Dome snaps in, but spins too freely - so the peg is a bit thicker but not perfect
G8 (Single Carded DTF figure) - Dome has the same problem as the disney parts
TLC R4 Dome - fits fine
TLC R7 Dome - fits fine
TVC R5-D4 - Dome snaps in but is loose
Rebel Pilots R5 Dome - fits fine
Disney R7 Dome - too loose like the Disney R2 and R3 dome
Disney R9 Dome - too loose like the other Disney domes

So it seems that it is a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing. Far more of my domes don't work as opposed to actually working, so I'm still incredibly disappointed.

And yeah - I have yet to have a Disney dome NOT work on any of the R2/R7 trunks from the TLC B-A-D line or even the recent DTF Build-a-Droid releases.

« Last Edit: January 6, 2013, 08:52 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 08:53 PM »
I saw these at our local TRU this week, but at that price I had to pass.  I was sort of interested in the Yoda fighter, but took a look at it close up and yeesh did the Yoda have a bad paint job on the eyes.  Not that I don't have other Yodas, but just noticing that it was pretty bad.  I kind of like the idea of the starfighter though, and may pick it up if it hits elsewhere more reasonable.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 12:35 PM »
I held that Yoda fighter in my hands, and my only thought was "what a piece of junk!"
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 12:50 PM »
Why does Yoda own a fighter to begin with?  I thought that was against his religeon...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 05:07 PM »
Why does Yoda own a fighter to begin with?  I thought that was against his religeon...

Yeah, having possessions isn't really the Jedi way (outside of your favorite cloak and a lightsaber I suppose).  I thought even "Obi-Wan's Starfighter" and "Obi-Wan's Droid" were essentially Jedi ships and droids that anyone could use.  Clearly other Jedi have customized ships (from a Hasbro standpoint), so I guess it's not outrageous that Yoda would have his own as well.  I'm just annoyed that anyone lends credibility to Yoda's ship being half the size of everyone else's.  Wouldn't it be easier to just put in a seat and steering adjustment to the standard model?   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 09:54 PM »
Most of the mini-rigs have little credibility, that is the ones that are fighters/shruken space ships (I'm not saying they aren't fun).  They could limit themselves to believable concepts, but that would be mostly speeder bikes, swoops, larger droids, AT-RT's (which might be underscale), cannons (Hasbro usually refuses to make) and the beasts (Hasbro refuses to make).

For AOTC 3D, a better articulated Nexu with Padme and a Geonosian? Geonosian Picador? ROTS Lava Flea? NEVER HAPPEN.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 06:36 PM »
Those in regions with Meijer stores, they have the new Class 1's for $19.99, also had a spot for the Class 2, also $19.99 (none on shelf et). 

I was tempted by the AT-RT, but the driver looked sloppy and had some yellow stains on him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 03:38 PM »
I picked up the Republic Drop Ship thingie in the Yoda Packaging the other day...  For $19.99 these were nice I think.

First the CLone is a great figure in and of itself...  removable helmet, clean deco...  Just a good army biulder to have, lots of articulation, and while the cockpit's not made for most any current figure on the market, I can get him into it holding the controls, and close the canopy, and no problems.  That ship's cockpit is really just a hair too small.

My only gripe with that ship in general otherwise is the "landing strut" is like a cannon but not...  It's pretty dumb.  They should've made it a search light, and given it a bit of a pod foot so it actually functioned.  This vehicle hates to stand upright like it landed, and the two guys on back make it even less stable.

I love the ship's concept...  Liked it in red, and appreciate a blue one.  I'm going to do a 501st one since that's what it's for and all, and add a couple troops the to back.  This one I'll be basically leaving alone.  I plan to put another pilot in though, a blue 501st one of sorts even if I must custom it.

I just don't like the design of the landing strut for the most part.  I'm pondering removing some weaponry too, it's just overarmed really for anything that small, but better to remove parts than have to add, like the landing thing.  I actually have a cool idea how I'll make that a lot better and actually look like a practical piece of of the vehicle and not a half-assed cannon thing.

The only real gripe with the new Class-I format is the other figure is crap...  The Battledroid is as prone to falling as any droid I have on my shelf, and less poseable to acheive a good balance I've found.  His articulation is low and his quality looks nothing short of cheap to me (shiney plastic, limited paint, etc.), so he'll be in the pile of dead droids I guess.  He'll serve a purpose but not as an appreciated figure I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 07:08 PM »
Bought the Class I 501st AT-RT tonight.  That whole wave seems to have gotten a little scarce, so I wasn't going to try doing any bargain hunting for the final remaining Class I vehicle that I had yet to score.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 8, 2013, 09:28 AM »
Meijer clearanced these out at $14.99....it seems. They were all gone, all I saw was a red shelf tag.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 8, 2013, 09:34 AM »
I think it's weird that Target clearanced the Class II ships but not these. Most of the ones I frequent have a LOT more Class I's to get rid of too.

ps - nobody is buying that crap at 30% off, Target. You gotta go 50-70% off if you want to move that garbage.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: July 8, 2013, 03:02 PM »
Got a Freeco at Tuesday Morning...  I too would dig seeing these hit clearance, as I'd probably nab a few more AT-RT's, another Yoda Fighter, and a couple more dropships if I could.  I like all of them ultimately, though Yoda's fighter left me kinda disinterested after I got it.  I could see using the droid head though and making a Yaddle version for poops and giggles.