Author Topic: 2013 Movie Heroes Class I Vehicles  (Read 30336 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Movie Heroes Class I Vehicles
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2013, 09:53 PM »
Saw a bunch of these at TJ Maxx today for $12.99 a pop. Was tempted by the Dropship and AT-RT sets, but I suspect these will hit clearance at Target any time now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2013, 11:31 PM »
Wow. Stuff is hitting close out fast. I think I saw Iron Man 3 junk at TJ Maxx already. Not very cheap, though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2013, 11:33 PM »
Saw them too...  For $13-ish each, and since my Targets have more limited selection, I bought a full set for customizing except the AT-RT.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Definitely disappointed to see that this line does not appear to be moving forward.  I genuinely like the concept.  But the Class I vehicles on clearance gives you the sense that they didn't sell really well. 

Is there hope for Celebration Europe 2?  I don't know.  Word is that Hasbro was holding some things back for CE2 in Essen.  And it does seem odd that there is a Class 2 vehicle line but no Class 1 vehicles.  I guess we need to wait until next week to see!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2013, 12:55 AM »
I think there won't be much (if any) in the way of vehicle announcements.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2013, 09:45 PM »
Doesn't seem good huh?  I liked this branch too.  I'm ok with exclusives if we get things like the Ewok catapult, but I liked the stuff we got for Clone Wars and such too...  I really enjoyed the little dropship, and the AT-RT's were outstanding too...  Yoda's fighter was innovative.  Shame, but such is the way of things these days.

With how many 2013 sets are dumped at TJMaxx near me right now, it's tough to argue the decision if we thought those were so good, but sold so poorly.  My Target's had the same couple stragglers for a while I know.  K-Mart as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2013, 10:51 PM »
I agree some of the best stuff was in this line and will miss it. Would have been a good place to slot in a few of their "realistic" TCW offerings.

Regarding the Yoda line sets, I think the overall sales were hurt by the fact that neither Walmart nor TRU ever really sold these. At least not in any #'s. You only see them in Targets anymore. I must have bought 2-3 each of the Dropship and AT-Rt sets too. After awhile, even for customizing they get old, y'know?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2013, 11:07 PM »
That they weren't sold at many outlets makes you think tho that they really did poorly since they've basically sat where they did sell. :(

I think that's just the line top to bottom though.  It has had fast backup for a while now.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2013, 05:55 AM »
I agree some of the best stuff was in this line and will miss it. Would have been a good place to slot in a few of their "realistic" TCW offerings.

Regarding the Yoda line sets, I think the overall sales were hurt by the fact that neither Walmart nor TRU ever really sold these. At least not in any #'s. You only see them in Targets anymore. I must have bought 2-3 each of the Dropship and AT-Rt sets too. After awhile, even for customizing they get old, y'know?

TRU did sell the Class I vehicles, but the new price structure brought these over that $20 price mark.  And I think that's why collectors balked at buying them at TRU.  Target had a much more competitive price point.  And as we've seen over the years at Target, they are very aggressive about clearancing out stock that isn't moving.

Over the past week I've seen plenty of the Class I vehicles at closeout places like TJ Maxx.  At $12.99 each these are more attractive, but since I already got them all at full price, why should I buy them again?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2013, 05:14 PM »
I actually didn't buy any of the Yoda style class I vehicles until the TJ Maxx dump.  The reason is, I'm just not a fan of Clone Wars stuff and am close to being burnt out on prequel merchandise.  And I thought this was a pretty good assortment, but needed some sort of OT love.

Yoda Starfighter - I thought it was a neat idea and the interchangeable astromech dome is very cool.  But, Jedistarfighers are just overdone to the point where I almost hate them... despise them, in fact.  And all the Yodas that I saw had really bad pain on the eyes.  So, I just couldn't pull the trigger.  Saw these at TJ Maxx, and still can't get excited.

Clone Dropship - Not a bad ship by any means, but just not interesting to me.  If it was some sort of ground vehicle, then I might be interested.

AT-RT - To me this thing was a letdown... the clone looked pretty bad in my opinion, and the vehicle's paint scheme just seemed too animated to me.  I guess there are times when I just feel like Hasbro takes for granted that repaints are going to automatically sell just because it's Star Wars... I dunno... just wasn't impressed by this set.

MTT Droid Fighter - By far, this was the coolest set in my book... BUT, I still didn't buy it until I saw it at TJ Maxx.  I came close several times but never could pull the trigger... which was due to the Obi Wan figure.  It's a pretty neat set though and I am glad that I bought it.

Now... the line sorely needs some OT deluxe sets in 2014.  It's been so long since we've gotten any, other than the Yavin sled.  Right?  Or am I forgetting something?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2013, 06:00 PM »
I felt pretty similarly but I'm not TOTALLY burned out on PT stuff, at least to where if I get it cheap enough I'm happy to buy and repaint.  Plan to do that with the Dropship to an OT-era repurposed one.

The Droid was cooler than I thought, and I didn't buy till I saw it at TJMaxx as well...  I didn't appreciate it before.  Now it makes a neat little answer to said dropship if you use it as just a droid itself not a "ship" per se.

The AT-RT, agree totally.  Horrid paintjob.  It's only good for buying and repainting.

Yoda's Fighter I was a little sour on...  I kind of want to do a Yaddle one or something similar, new droid dome and deco...  The figure bites though for sure, and the concept of Yoda needing a smaller ship is goofy unto itself, but I'm buying into it.  I liked the droid dome removability enough to care I guess.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2013, 10:45 PM »
I liked the AT-RT set because it gave me another chance to pick up a Tactical Droid, plus it made good customizing fodder. They got the driver's helmet totally wrong though. No cheek flaps. Luckily I picked up some custom cast Phase II helmets that look perfect on there. Looking forward to posting some pics soon.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2013, 08:23 PM »
I picked up the 501st Attack Drop ship at Ross today for $9.99. Just the right price. I kinda like the Republic "mini-rig" ships.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: October 2, 2013, 01:53 AM »
Some of these, and other Yoda packaged things, are lingering at K-Mart in their clearance aisles, and there's an additional 50% off clearance right now...  These would be down to $4.50 there now I believe.

Also some Legends and stuff turn up, but not a ton left.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 5, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Didn't find any, found some CW figures (including Goji the pilot who cannot really sit!) and Movie Heroes Padme, but her head is so awful I couldn't give $4.50 for it. Oddly found Hobbit figures at K-mart that never carried them or if they put them out, put them in some place strange and unlocatable. But they didn't scan...I had them all anyway.