Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

2013 Vintage Collection - Fan Favorite Re-Issues!

<< < (2/8) > >>

Greg:
It's a disappointment that it isn't a true "Best of" assortment, but this is unexpected so kudos to Hasbro for keeping TVC in circulation for folks who missed out this year. I might pick up some additional 501st Clones, ARC Commanders, and Gam Guards if I see them.

Now hopefully Hasbro branches out and gets the Naboo fighter, green Clone tank, and some of the rarer deluxe sets (Scuba Clone, Anakin w/ fighter) into circulation as well.

Jesse James:
Yeah some of those are headscratchers, but I'll take more Fleet Troopers.  He was findable, but not in any quantity, and never for long, so yeah I'll be cool with that at least.  I'd like another Tarkin too, honestly.  He's a figure who needs customized at this point, to me, but I never saw more than 2 and I wanted a carded one and loose one.

Bom Vimdin, Hoth Luke, even Wedge (he's out in bulk at 5 Below, and not moving as well as Wicket, Gammie, or even some of the repack army builders)...  bad choices.

Nice to see Hasbro note that they can't control the distribution of this stuff too, and basically making SURE you see it's the retailers fault if you can't find what you want of this stuff next year.

What I don't get is, why would retail get any of it next year when they seemingly didn't want it this year?  A whole line separate of the main line right next to it again?

Anyway, yeah, some better choices could've been made.  INC and Royal Guard and Republic Trooper all would've made my list of wants.  Evazan, RFT, Vizla, Malgus would also make my list. 

To the "No" list I'd add CW Ani even though he's good.  Save him for future re-releases in the regular line on other packaging since Ani sells and he's a good figure from a kid-oriented base.  Saber construction Luke I saw more than any figure from that wave.  E1 Maul?  Really?  You'd consider releasing ANY of those Wave 1 figures, again?  Like Ani, save him for re-release as filler for new waves on new cards.

Likewise, I saw Barriss Offee often.  I saw ROTS 501st Clone more than any from his wave.  Saw Logray a lot.  I still have an "Oddball" up at K-mart that's going nowhere.

Narrow it down, add a few like the INC, and maybe double up on him and other army builders, and you'd make more people happy I think.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on December 11, 2012, 02:01 PM ---Anyway, yeah, some better choices could've been made.
--- End quote ---

That's just it, I don't really see any "choices" being made.  I see Hasbro dumping their excess stock of Waves 4, 4.1, 5, and 6 on us and calling them "fan favorites!"   ::)

If you go to EE and look up the case packs for those waves, the list you get will be 95% the same as Hasbro's list there.  I think the only one you're missing is Qui-Gon and I won't be surprised if he hits the pegs with these too because of that.

To make it even sadder, this is the THIRD try at re-releasing some of these.  They made a whole big deal this year about how great it was that they were giving us "fan favorite" 2010 Wave 7 and Gammie again in 2012.  Now we get the same wave again in 2013 too?  Bom Vimdin is not that popular.

P-Siddy:
I know people are clamboring for ERG and the Republic Trooper, but then that makes it upsetting that Hasbro said this wave was only available online.  Ehh, whatever.

Maybe the big announcement is the Tonnika Sisters, or the OT Lars relatives.

efranks:
You can maybe say that Hasbro is doing us a favor by getting these cases to market but they have actually hit, and are hitting more now with the holidays approaching; I've actually found these cases at retail now.

I think the reason that Hasbro is getting retail to take them is probably because, in that news that's coming, we're going to find out that the BaD line is getting pushed until fall to tie in with the 3D releases better.  Then they carry it over through 2014 which leads them into the 2015 new movie line without having to do any packaging change in 2014.

If they get to plan the 2014 line now, push the 2013 stuff until end of the year, that also frees them up about mid-way through 2013 to start working on the 2015 movie lines.

E...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version