Author Topic: 2013 Vintage Collection - Fan Favorite Re-Issues!  (Read 9484 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: 2013 Vintage Collection - Fan Favorite Re-Issues!
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 11:38 AM »
I can't wait for the next announcement, as Hasbro deals with the glut of product it has sitting around...

"Great news, STAR WARS action figure fans!  Hasbro will be re-issuing “fan favorites” from the extraordinarily popular Phantom Menace wave!  We heard fans loud and clear, and as such only the “best of the best” characters from the Phantom Menace wave will be featured in the revived line.  The new series of VINTAGE figures will be available starting in early February 2013, and will fill the pegs until the end of time as we know it.  Distribution of characters may vary by location and is not controlled by Hasbro, but rest assured every retailer will be clogged to the gills with all your favorite Phantom Menace characters forever!"
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 12:38 PM »
Get your Qui-Gon, Naboo Soldier and assorted pod racers while you can (which is forever).

Honestly, I don't actively collect anymore, but I do check every time I go into a department store, and I have never seen it as bad as it is now.  I wanted to grab a Bespin Han, and never saw it, so I am kind of glad he's returning, but I would rather hear that 5 Below is getting these things since I feel that a SW figure is worth $5, not $10.  I got out when those prices shot up to $8 arouund RotS.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 01:26 PM »
Yeah, I have been anticipating picking up some of the Aayla/Tarkin Wave @ 5 Below for awhile now...I would much rather go that route.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 01:53 PM »
What an insult. Who honestly thinks this was a good idea? Shove that crap on Hasbro Toy Shop and it will eventually sell. I don't know why upset since this is more money for me to save (or spend on LEGO) but I guess I'm just itching to see something NEW on the shelves.

Episode I Darth Maul
Episode VI Luke Skywalker (Lightsaber Contruction) – Deleted Scene figure
CW Anakin Skywalker
Episode IV Darth Vader
Episode V Luke Skywalker (Hoth Outfit)
Episode II Aayla Secura
EU Nom Anor
Episode III Clone Trooper (501st Legion)
Episode VI Kithaba (Skiff Guard)
Episode IV Dr. Evazan (Cantina Patron)
Episode VI Wedge Antilles
Episode II Barriss Offee (Jedi Padawan)
Episode V Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
Episode IV Bom Vindin (Cantina Patron)
EU ARC Trooper Commander
Episode VI Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
Episode VI Gamorrean Guard
Episode IV Rebel Fleet Trooper
Episode III Odd Ball (Clone Pilot)
Episode IV Grand Moff Tarkin
Episode VI Nikto (Skiff Guard)
EU Starkiller (Vader’s Apprentice)
EU Shae Vizla (Old Republic Bounty Hunter)

Like Jeff said, I got most of these figures from a Wave 4 case, and the others (Tarkin) I got off Amazon. Here's what a better, and actual "Best of Vintage" case would/should look like:

Gammorean Guard (2010)
Han Solo (Bespin 2011)
ARC Trooper (EU 2011)
Rebel Fleet Trooper (ANH 2011)
Wedge Antilles (ROTJ 2011)
Ponda Baba (ANH 2011)
Echo Base Deck Officer (ESB 2011)
Bastilla Shan (EU 2011)
Luke Skywalker (Hoth 2012)
Aayla Secura (ROTS 2012)
EU Nom Anor (EU 2012)
Kithaba (ROTJ 2012) (red bandanna only)
Dr. Evazan (ANH 2012)
Grand Moff Tarkin (ANH 2012)
Nikto (ROTJ 2012)
Starkiller (Vader’s Apprentice) (EU 2012)
Shae Vizla (Old Republic Bounty Hunter) (EU 2012)

And any non-DTF repack from Wave 16
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 02:57 PM »
Thing is, and as has been pointed out, you can tell by the figure list that Hasbro's just sending out cases that already exist...  Not making up new assortments or cherry picking existing cases and making up new ones.  That's just not gonna happen.  This is obviously, at this point, "We had a lot of this and can't take a bath on it if we can avoid it". 

I wouldn't count on 5 Below getting every wave you want...  They're still getting waves from 2010.  They're probably going to get relegated to really just the even older waves.  2012 stuff I'd expect to stay with the big retailers for the time being I guess, except perhaps the first 3 waves.

Those may surface at a discounter because Hasbro, judging by the release info, knows those 3 are poison at retail...  At $5, they may fly off the pegs.  I mean, I'd buy Lil Ani's and Naboo Guards and stuff at $5.  And obviously the new ones from 2 and 3 would do fine at $5.  But yeah I wouldn't count on Wave 4 onward showing up at a discounter at this point.

Now...  Bastilla Shan Wave or other older waves?  Maybe.  They seem to be off the table at this point for the big retailers, which could mean they don't honestly have many of those around, or perhaps they do and are just waiting to move them to a discounter.  The Endor wave was definitely a surprise...  It was also an XMas time wave as I recall...  maybe there was just more of that wave.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 03:23 PM »
I'll be curious to see how this pans out, and if it turns into an opportunity for Hasbro to hit other 'fan favorites.' I expect what's going to happen is Hasbro is moving the BAD stuff to fall of next year to coincide with the 3D releases. Once they moved the movie dates, it didn't make sense to front load 2013 with such AOTC heavy toys. They will need to fill that gap somehow and this apparently is it, though as some are saying, we already have these toys, by and large. If it extends into other figs like the Navy Trooper, who I don't have an opener of, then great.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2012, 08:50 AM »
I'd love to find the Naboo guard at 5-Below. I would build a squad of those guys at $5/per.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2012, 05:05 PM »
What is even more funny about these "fan favorites" is that most are shipping with the "Win a lifesize Darth Maul" promotion sticker - which expired about 4 mo. ago.  ::) :P
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:05 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2012, 08:21 PM »
I was just messing with some of the Nikto's and Weequay's that have been made in the past few years.  It's too bad some of the Weequay's didn't make this assortmanet because there are some pretty decent Kitbashes that can be done with between most of the Nikto and Weequays.  Just swapping heads and hands.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 11:57 PM »
I was just messing with some of the Nikto's and Weequay's that have been made in the past few years.  It's too bad some of the Weequay's didn't make this assortmanet because there are some pretty decent Kitbashes that can be done with between most of the Nikto and Weequays.  Just swapping heads and hands.

Kithaba and Nikto Jedi head's swap out decently, Kithaba's head being a bit tight on Nikto (I'll never remember his name). I haven't tried their hands, because I only have one of each figure.