Author Topic: Thor: The Toys!  (Read 77780 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: The Toys!
« Reply #210 on: July 30, 2013, 09:16 AM »
Hell, you're better off having a shortage of basic Thor than you are having an overabundance of him.  Supply-demand? 

I agree about too many of the same character, but the main characters should never be too hard to find, at least not in their primary attire. Case in point 1980's Kenner Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones was impossible to find (along with Marion Ravenwood). I never saw one when I was a kid. Oh, the fun that might have been had with that figure, instead just had arab disguise Indy and German disguise.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 23, 2013, 11:31 AM »
Picked up a complete set of five figures from wave 1 of the Thor: The Dark World figure line - they only had one Dark Elf figure and from the case assortments it looks like that's all there is in the wave 1 case.

Are any more figures planned for this line or is this it?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2013, 12:32 PM »
Nice! Where did you find those, Pete?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2013, 12:46 PM »
Nice! Where did you find those, Pete?

Oh - sorry - didn't mean to omit that from my post - it was at the Toys R Us near where I work....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2013, 12:57 PM »
I found a near complete set yesterday.  I got both versions of Thor, Loki and Kurse.  The Dark Elf seems like it might be hard to score though, since those are reportedly 1 per case.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2013, 12:17 AM »
I haven't even seen pictures of these. Are these 5 POA figures or are they more like Marvel Universe style?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2013, 09:13 AM »
Ok, I saw these yesterday too. Is the Dark Elf the same as Kurse? Or are these 2 different figures? Pardon my ignorance but I only know the classic Thor characters from the comics.

I didn't notice what the articulation looked like, sorry.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Picked up Kurse, Dark Elf, and cloaked Thor today. Got them at the 7.98 price instead of the 9.99 TRU wanted because they put them on the old Thor pegs without changing the stickers.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2013, 12:15 PM »
I haven't even seen pictures of these. Are these 5 POA figures or are they more like Marvel Universe style?

They are more in-line with the first Thor Movie figures - except none have waist articulation and some (like Kurse) don't have ankle articulation. So they are somewhat in-line with Marvel Universe style.

I wish they had released just a Logan and a Silver Samurai from The Wolverine in this style and not the 5POA junk we got for that movie instead.
Peter

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2013, 02:57 PM »
Ok, I saw these yesterday too. Is the Dark Elf the same as Kurse? Or are these 2 different figures? Pardon my ignorance but I only know the classic Thor characters from the comics.

I didn't notice what the articulation looked like, sorry.

Kurse and the Dark Elf are two separate figures/villain characters.  I managed to find a Dark Elf for myself the other day.  Kind of bummed that this figure is only one per case, because it's pretty cool, and sure enough an army builder.

Kurse is an individual villain who IIRC is a fairly major villain in the Thor storylines.  Although I'm surprised that the other main villain from the movie, Malekith, hasn't been represented yet in the figure line.  Although I do hold out some hope that he might come in a later wave if the figure line goes beyond this first wave.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2013, 10:51 PM »
I bought a Dark Elf at TRU today. Such an interesting design. Thought about Kurse, but I thinl I'll wait on him. These are much more engaging designs to me personally than the last film, which was still pretty cool.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2013, 08:25 AM »
Kurse is something like 3 per case in this first wave.  Definitely a plentiful figure!  Although I recall the comic design for the character being very different.

Feedback