Author Topic: NHL 2013  (Read 40095 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2013
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 05:31 PM »
And it may just benefit Winnipeg, too, since they have a pretty grueling travel schedule with the current conference/division structure.

I think Minnesota's is far, far worse than ours. 

#1 for travel miles in the NHL!  The Wild will rack up nearly 3x the miles of the least travelled team (NJ Devils).

Winnipeg is the worst in the Eastern Conference for sure, but the Western Conference is still home to the worst travel.  Seven teams from the West have the Jets beat - here's the full travel list.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2013, 05:37 PM »
I liked Tangreddi and he looked better for u than us IMO.  I didn't think he got a lot of play time here.  Not enough for a fair assessment anyway.  Big body, works well along the boards and in front of the net, grittier...  all things the Pens lack.

I like seeing Bennet up though and he played well I thought...  That might work really well for us, but I feel like Tangreddi and Lovejoy both went for peanuts basically, and I REALLY liked Lovejoy.  He should've been traded for a forward with some size to him at least.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:22 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Man.  Is it too early to throw in the towel?  Gawd, we suckz. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2013, 12:11 AM »
Took my oldest (ok, he's only the oldest by 90 seconds :P) to see his first NHL game tonight.  Thankfully, the Wild complied and pulled out a 3-2 win over the Red Wings.  Fun game made even better by the win.

So frustrating to think that the team that beat the Wings tonight is the same that choked against the Avs the other night.  Once these youngsters (Coyle, Larsson, Brodin, Zucker, Granlund) get some seasoning and the vets (Parise, Suter, Koivu) get some time to gel, this team is going to be very good :)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2013, 06:53 PM »
I'm going to be in Chicago on March 5th for a conference and just found out I have a free night, so I got a ticket to the Balckhawks/Wild game at the UC.  It's my birthday the following weekend, so I'm chalking the ticket up as this year's present.  I don't get the opportunity to go to many games as tickets are pretty hard to come by and I'm up in WI, so I'm really looking forward to this.  The tickets are one section over from the Hawks' bench and I'm in row two.  I'll try to make a sign saying 'hi' to all my MN JD friends watching the game in case they show me!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2013, 07:04 PM »
That'd be awesome, I hope I can catch that game now.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 10:27 PM »
Cool.  I'd love to go to a Hawks game in Chicago.  Hopefully we end up in that division and I'll be able to make the trip. 

In other news, we won a game.  Plan the parade.   ::)

Wait.  It was only Buffalo.   :-X

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 10:39 AM »
It's nice to watch a lot of hockey...a lot of Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Flyers action.  I was really excited to see the Rangers play this year, but I didn't keep much track of the offseason trades and what-not.  I was surprised to see half the team went elsewhere after as well as they did last year...and now the results are kind of 'suck it!'  :'(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 10:59 AM »
I'm going to be in Chicago on March 5th for a conference and just found out I have a free night, so I got a ticket to the Balckhawks/Wild game at the UC. 

Like Brent, I'd love to see a game down there too.  I've been to Wrigley a couple of times, but haven't ever made it over there for hockey.  Maybe next year, we can make Brent drive down here to Minny to pick me up, then the two of us can stop in WI and pick you up on the way to Chicago for a game.   :D

In other news, we won a game.  Plan the parade.   ::)

Wait.  It was only Buffalo.   :-X

How bad would the Sabres be without Vanek?  And it seems like Miller is really starting to get chirpy about the team's play/issues lately... makes me wonder if he's trying to rally his troops or position himself to get traded out of there?

ps.
In case you weren't aware: Pavel Daysyuk = Awesome  That's like six slices of toast right there...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:04 AM by Jeff »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Maybe next year, we can make Brent drive down here to Minny to pick me up, then the two of us can stop in WI and pick you up on the way to Chicago for a game.   :D

Count me in!  You guys tell me the game and I'll handle the tickets.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 10:33 PM »
Hmm.  Seven hours to Minneapolis going through Manitoba, North Dakota and Minnesota.  Pick pick up Jeff.  Head into Wisconsin, Get Mike and continue on into Illinois to Chicago five hours or so after getting Jeff.  Bad idea in the dead of winter?  Nah, those states never get any appreciable snow. 

I'm in. 

Who to play against?  Don't think it matters.  Jets tickets would probably be cheap  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 11:15 PM »
I like you guys making your plans.  Funny.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2013, 11:02 PM »

In other news, we won another game.  Plan the parade.   ::)

Wait.  It was only Buffalo an injury riddled Carolina team.   :-X

Fixed it. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Man, the Rangers keep letting me down.  My bro-in-law wants to catch a game when he visits in May...I think he better come a few weeks early because with the way they're playing, there's not going to be a playoff.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2013, 12:51 AM »
Dale, you gotta reign those kids in.  If Hall doesn't get at least 5 games, Imma gonna be pissed.    >:(