Author Topic: NHL 2013  (Read 40073 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2013
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2013, 01:26 AM »
   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2013, 10:50 PM »
4-1 on recent road trip, should have been 5-0 as we should have beat Philly.  Who are these guys?  :o

And how bad does the Southeast suck?  We're 9-9-1 and tied for first in the SE.  Man I'd love to see a SE Division banner hanging in the rafters in Winnipeg. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: March 4, 2013, 09:46 AM »
Took my oldest (ok, he's only the oldest by 90 seconds :P) to see his first NHL game tonight.  Thankfully, the Wild complied and pulled out a 3-2 win over the Red Wings.  Fun game made even better by the win.

And, last night was son #2's turn to see his first NHL game.  Again, the Wild complied by whupping on Dale's Oilers for a 4-2 win.  Hall took the night off becuase his leg hurt, so this game had a lot less fireworks than it could have.  Nice to see the Wild focused on getting two in regulation instead of revenge though.

6-3-1 in our last 10.  Nice pace, hopefully we can keep things rolling and hand the Blackhawks their first regulation loss.  We're the team that handed the Blackhawks their first shootout loss, so at least it's in the realm of possibility. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2013, 04:05 PM »
Going to see Brent's man-crush and the Ducks tonight.  Should be a great test for the Wild.  We were terrible against the Ducks in the first 4 periods we faced them, but looked good in the last two.  Hopefully we come out strong tonight and sneak in a win.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2013, 11:12 PM »
Not having experienced the playoffs since 1996 when we lost the team, I can satisfactorily suggest that there is nothing that brings me greater joy in the hockey world right now than beating the Toronto Maple Leafs.   ;D

;D
 ;D
 ;D
 ;D
 ;D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2013, 10:43 AM »
Rangers @ Jets Thursday...  That'll be pretty good one since the Rangers are sitting on the bubble.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2013, 03:48 PM »
My boss was down for the Pens/B's last night and saw a magnificent comeback that certainly trumped the Pens/Flyers one the other night.  Outstanding stuff.

I want to see another Sockmonkeytrick in my lifetime as well.  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2013, 05:30 PM »
Rangers @ Jets Thursday...  That'll be pretty good one since the Rangers are sitting on the bubble.

Jets are Jekyll and Hyde this year - no clue which version will show up.  Rangers have been playing much better of late.  Jets are at the bubble too and if they beat the Rangers at home, they'll win the season series which could be important with the cluster around that bubble.  Jets also have series' deciding matchups with Ottawa and Toronto later this week, so very big three game stretch coming up later this week. 

I'll be at the Rangers game  :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2013, 07:09 PM »
My boss was down for the Pens/B's last night and saw a magnificent comeback

Booooo.  >:(

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Jets are Jekyll and Hyde this year - no clue which version will show up.  Rangers have been playing much better of late.  Jets are at the bubble too and if they beat the Rangers at home, they'll win the season series which could be important with the cluster around that bubble.  Jets also have series' deciding matchups with Ottawa and Toronto later this week, so very big three game stretch coming up later this week. 

I'll be at the Rangers game  :)

Oh, I feel the same about the Rangers (Jekyll or Hyde).  That'll be a good time, I bet.  Enjoy!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2013, 09:00 PM »
My boss was down for the Pens/B's last night and saw a magnificent comeback

Booooo.  >:(

Whoops, sorry.  :-X  :-*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2013, 11:41 PM »
Oh don't look now but who's in third place in the east?  Uh-huh, that's right.   >:D

(oh sure, they blew a 4-1 lead and needed 13 shots in OT to win, but who the hell cares right now)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2013, 12:51 AM »
Liked Brodeur's goal. :)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2013, 10:29 AM »
Liked Brodeur's goal. :)

I saw that and realized it was in the 1st period and not the final minute empty net... where the hell was the opposing teams goalie?  It looks like he was over at his bench?

Okay... I saw something posted on the ticker on NBCSport yesterday afternoon about a lockout that would be in effect as of midnight yesterday... I believe it was regarding to NHL.  But no mention of it anywhere.  Maybe I got the wrong sport, but I was sure it was hockey.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2013, 04:40 PM »
Brodeur deflected a puck to his left, and after he did a Devil drew a penalty...  But no Devils got control of the puck, and one Hurricane passed to another, who missed the pass, and it deflected off the boards directly down the ice to their net which was open because Ward had come off the Ice for the delayed penalty.

Freaky. :)