Author Topic: NHL 2013  (Read 40081 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2013
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2013, 11:35 PM »
I'm happy to see the Bruins knock off the Rangers, but I think we're in for a hell of a fight against the Penguins.  JJ, your team's got so much talent, it's going to make for a great series!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2013, 11:54 PM »
Always a good series against Boston who always have a great team.  You guys were always fighting for a top spot in the East too Jesse, so I think it's going to be a tough series.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2013, 08:47 AM »
Yay, 2 Game Sevens to look forward to! Best thing in sports is Game 7 in hockey, IMHO. (Worst thing is any sport decided by a $%^&* shootout, lamest thing EVER)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2013, 12:31 AM »
That swagger is what has me worried.  The Wild seemed to have their way with the Blackhawks as far as hits were concerned, and Detroit is only going to be hitting harder.  Although Chicago swept them during the regular series, I could easily see this one going 6 or 7.

At this point in time, I'd be elated for the series to make it to a Game 6.  The Hawks top line needs to step it up if they are going to end up winning the series.  They got away with mediocre performance during the Wild series, but it is costing them right now.  Oh, and Howard has had two great back-to-back performances in net for the Wings.  You don't know how hard it is for me to type that compliment...

Well, not at all what I thought the series was going to look like but I'll definitely take it.  Coming back from 3-1 to win the series was huge.  The way Detroit came out in the 3rd tonight had me really nervous that they were goign to take it in regulation.  Can't believe the call near the end of the game against Saad though.  He got tossed into the Detroit bench, body slammed to the ice and because he puts a glove in the guy's face, HE gets a co-incidental roughing penalty that negates a goal?!  Thankfully they were able to come out and get it done in OT, even after Detroit put up some pretty good chances in the first few minutes.

Bring on the Kings!  Going to be a great goalie match-up with the #1 and #2 GAA leaders facing off.  Not happy that they play back-to-back games on Saturday and Sunday to start things off though...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2013, 07:52 AM »
Always a good series against Boston who always have a great team.  You guys were always fighting for a top spot in the East too Jesse, so I think it's going to be a tough series.
Only the homerest of homers around here is thinking the Bruins will have any kind of cakewalk with the Pens.  Boston is definitely the underdog in this series, but not so much an underdog that they couldn't pull it off.  Could be very exciting.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2013, 10:14 AM »

Not happy that they play back-to-back games on Saturday and Sunday to start things off though...

"Smithers, kill the Rolling Stones."

;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2013, 12:22 PM »
Can't believe the call near the end of the game against Saad though.  He got tossed into the Detroit bench, body slammed to the ice and because he puts a glove in the guy's face, HE gets a co-incidental roughing penalty that negates a goal?!  Thankfully they were able to come out and get it done in OT, even after Detroit put up some pretty good chances in the first few minutes.

Yeah, that was the thing that killed me about it... even if it had negated the goal, I didn't see how that turned into 4 on 4.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2013, 11:36 PM »
"Smithers, kill the Rolling Stones."

;D

HA!   :D
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 3, 2013, 11:17 PM »
I don't think anyone could have predicted Boston outscoring the Penguins 9-1 in the first two games.  I was so nervous about Pittsburgh's powerful offense, so I'm pretty stoked about the defense stepping up and shutting them down (so far).  But the Pens hit the post so often in game 1, I still think we're fortunate to be up 2-0.  It'll be very interesting to see what happens back in Boston in game 3.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: June 4, 2013, 01:15 AM »
I think you guys have it...  i'll be shocked if Pens turn anything around Jesse.  They're lost right now, honestly.  They were lucky to split 2 games playing this way with the Islanders.  They didn't split two with a team superior to the Isles.  I'm not foreseeing anything good for me at this point.  I shut the game off half way through the third.  I couldn't be bothered to watch that kind of a meltdown.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 4, 2013, 02:06 PM »
As a Flyers fan, I'm well versed in ****** goaltending and even ******** team defense. 

As a Flyers fan, I'm immensely enjoying what the B's have been doing so far to the Pens. 

That's not to say it's over - the B's have been known to take their foot off the gas and let teams back in it and as I much as I loathe them, the Pens have the offensive firepower to get right back in it.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: June 4, 2013, 02:45 PM »
I think they do too Mike, but man, they're just all over the place...  The goaltending didn't let them down again, nor in first round...  It's a total team collapse defensively.  It sucks to watch.  I have the slightest bit of hope, only because I always hold out a little bit, but after last night, blah...  They have goaltending that should get them through, it's the lack of defensive responsibility though.  It's maddening.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 5, 2013, 08:21 AM »

That's not to say it's over - the B's have been known to take their foot off the gas and let teams back in it
Ain't that the truth. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #148 on: June 6, 2013, 12:21 AM »
Enjoy the finals Jess.  :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 6, 2013, 06:11 AM »
You remember Boston's collapse in 2010?   They've learned a lot since then, but I NEVER assume a series is over.