Author Topic: Toy Fair 2013  (Read 28890 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Toy Fair 2013
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 04:11 PM »
Lotta stuff revealed today...  Felt like I've been standing on train tracks over those for a while now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 04:31 PM »
So, I guess we can ask DD about his comments about collectors being Dads and the 3.75" line being for kids who don't want another Cantina patron.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 09:43 PM »
So, I guess we can ask DD about his comments about collectors being Dads and the 3.75" line being for kids who don't want another Cantina patron.

I think the biggest unknown coming out of today is what kind of 4" figure quality and characters can we expect in the years to come.  The short range plan seems to be a small run of 6" and lower quality 4" figures, but will the 4" sculpting, paint jobs and accessories suffer as well?  Is this a test period prior to the movie, or is it already decided that the movie years will also follow this plan?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Sure you don't want to go?

I'll go!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2013, 11:02 AM »
Any ??s for other Hasbro lines:  Joe, TF, My Little Pony (I know there are closet collectors out there).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: February 1, 2013, 11:06 AM »
From spies at German Toy Fair from JediNews UK (I've bolded the most interesting parts):

The Black Series 3 3/4".  The new Vader art black card style...not vintage...but same size. It is squared off with no die cut fancy shapes.  The bubble takes up nearly all the card and wraps around the edges and taped, similar to the ROTS line back in 2005. Figures on display were Anakin, Padmé and a Clone.  These appear to be the same Ep2 figures that were originally going to be in the Build-A-Droid line.

So, there you go.   I guess that kills speculation that the vintage cards were coming back.

Very disappointed to hear that The Black Series will use the new Vader art and not the retro-vintage cards.  But at least they are still quality 3.75", even if they are just the previously announced BAD figures on a new card.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2013, 11:19 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 1, 2013, 02:25 PM »
Very disappointed to hear that The Black Series will use the new Vader art and not the retro-vintage cards.  But at least they are still quality 3.75", even if they are just the previously announced BAD figures on a new card.

+1  On the bright side, I was collecting 2x of the Vintage stuff because of the pretty cards.  If they want to release crappy cards, that's my excuse to go back to 1x of each figure and save a bunch of dough!   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 6, 2013, 09:50 AM »

+1  On the bright side, I was collecting 2x of the Vintage stuff because of the pretty cards.  If they want to release crappy cards, that's my excuse to go back to 1x of each figure and save a bunch of dough!   ;D

My sentiments exactly.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #53 on: February 6, 2013, 10:27 AM »
Alright!!!  Question for Toy Fair...

When will Hasbro product be available at Disney Stores?

Will the inexpensive 5 POA line cover all films, Clone Wars, EU and other "deep" characters, it will it essentially be just the main players?

Also, I would love it if someone passed on how excellent the twisted paper ties are in the vehicle packaging are, and it's good to see the wire and plastic supports gone.

What is happening with The Clone Wars figures?  Which line will contain those characters?

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 6, 2013, 02:28 PM »
Why do you hate collectors?

And, if you hate collectors, why?

Also, when will your hatred towards collectors end?

;)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 7, 2013, 09:32 AM »
^^^

JD.com forums needs a "like" button    ;D

on a side note - my cousin's husband works for a company that sets up displays at convention.  I keep pestering him about SDCC and when he will go there and but he never does go out to that show.  Well, I just found out the other day that he has been going to NYTF for years and I didn't know it (I guess I was too focused on SDCC).  Long story short - I am going to try and go with him next year!
« Last Edit: February 7, 2013, 09:35 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: February 7, 2013, 10:20 AM »
Hmm.  Sounds like a "Monster Blizzard" is coming to the east coast this weekend. 

Good luck and safe travels to all the guys heading to NYC for the show this weekend.  Hopefully the weather doesn't cause a cancellation of the fan media event.   :-\

Why do you hate collectors?

Why would you think Hasbro hates collectors?  They're launching a brand new 6" line of figures just for them. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 7, 2013, 10:46 AM »
Good luck and safe travels to all the guys heading to NYC for the show this weekend.  Hopefully the weather doesn't cause a cancellation of the fan media event.   :-\

Hopefully it isn't cancelled, but there aren't any excuses if JDs rep can't make it  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 7, 2013, 11:45 AM »

Hopefully it isn't cancelled, but there aren't any excuses if JDs rep can't make it  ;)

The Hasbro investor presentation is scheduled for 8 AM tomorrow morning.  That's scheduled to be streaming on the web.  I don't know if it's a different presentation from the one for the collector media, however.

Given the timing of that particular presentation, things should be okay regarding the weather.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 7, 2013, 11:51 AM »
Our show starts at 1:00... I would assume that Team Hasbro will already be in town on Friday... but hard to say if a lot of the media cannot make it.