Q&A with Hasbro Reps
These are not direct quotes taken from the Hasbro representative, but paraphrased, or the general response that I received.
- Who might we find in Wave 2?
- How far along are you committed to the 6” figure line, development-wise?
Their priority is to build a foundation and work on getting definitive sculpts of the core characters established in the line first. They do not plan to do variants or rereleases of figures. For example: X-Wing Luke. They would not reuse his body to make a Biggs or Wedge because they want each figure to be unique.
- Now that we know who the SDCC 6” figures are, will the Carbonite Han light-up?
*smug grin* I can’t say
3 ¾” figures
- Will there be any love for the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi release?
No. What you see is what you’ll get.
- Disney just announced Disney Infinity video game. This is basically a figure collecting game like Skylanders but with the world building aspect of Minecraft. Are there any plans to include Star Wars in the Disney Infinities series of action figures?
No knowledge at the present.
- People love the Target Exclusive 3-packs. One of the packs that has yet to be done is the Creature Set that includes: Hammerhead, Greedo and Walrusman. Would Hasbro consider doing the figures in a vintage-decorated style ala Kenner? They can be done (articulation-wise) like the recent mail-in rocket-firing Fett figure. The fans would love that.
That’s a great idea. We’ll look into it.
- When will Disney stores start selling the Star Wars line?
They do not know Disney’s plans, when or if it’ll happen.
- Will the inexpensive 5 POA line cover all films, Clone Wars, EU and other "deep" characters, it will it essentially be just the main players?
Yes, Saga Legends will cover all films.
- What can we from expect these?
They should have the vintage feel as the Kenner figures as they’ll use the same PVC.
The Clone Wars
- What is happening with The Clone Wars figures? Which line will contain those characters?
The Clone Wars line has been discontinued, but figures will be available in the Saga Legends line but at a realistic style.
- Are there any new battle-packs are planned for 2013 or is that niche is officially dead?
- Is there any chance we will see a return of the comic packs in the near future? These seem to be selling well in the Marvel Universe line and there are some great new characters to be made from some of the great Dark Horse material and other sources in recent years.
No comic packs planned for the immediate future, but as they are putting in comics with Transformer figures in August, it could happen.
- Is Hasbro familiar with Medicom's Kubrick line of figures? These have been fan favorites, but production has died off in the last year or two. I know it's a long shot, but does Hasbro have any plans to produce something similar or any other new non-standard (3 3/4") lines of figures?
No plans to pursue a mini-figure line since one company is already in that business.
Class I Vehicles
- Would Hasbro consider updating or adapting any of the Kenner mini-rigs?
Interesting idea, but not in the works.
- The TRU exclusive Speederbikes were very welcome among fans. Being that this is Return of the Jedi’s 30th Anniversary, will see any rereleases of this awesome toy? Perhaps repacked with Endor Luke, Leia, or Paploo?
These were pretty popular and the speederbike is an iconic vehicle. You’ll likely see these again. (note: no mention of specific figure inclusions)
- It seems Mattel took pre-orders on a 250.00 Castle Greyskull which will only be sold on-line. Would Hasbro ever consider that business model for a Death Star, or other large playset?
- There still appears to be strong demand for some kind of modular Death Star playset. Can you tell us if anything like this is on the horizon or even under consideration?
There is always talk at Hasbro of doing something like this, but nothing is in the works at the moment.
- What do you consider to be the biggest success of 2012?
Star Wars Angry Birds. Combining a popular app with Star Wars has reached a new audience and is bringing new fans to the toy line.
- What one figure and vehicle would you personally want to see done (with the disclaimer that it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s in the line-up)? (heads your wishlist)
I would really love to have a to-scale 6” AT-AT.
- Are there any promotions that you would like to see added to Star Wars products (more accessories, stands, or coins, for example)?
None at the moment
- Has there been any progress with releasing either the orange or green Fin Fang Foom for the Marvel Universe line? Many collectors still REALLY want to see this big guy and his shorts released.
Not at the moment.
- For the SDCC Hellicarrier there were pictures of Whirlwind and Goliath on the Artwork, any chance these will be seeing release? Perhaps in a Walmart Gigantic Battles exclusive set?
- On the back of the card art we have seen "Collect them all" type images featuring Sasquatch, MODOK, Dazzler, Deadpool, Norman Osborne and others. Any chance any of these figures will be seeing a release into the line soon?
You may see one of the above-mentioned soon.
- For the Iron Man 2 line there was going to be a Target exclusive 3 pack that head both helmet-less versions of Iron Man featuring a RDJ head sculpt and War Machine featuring a Don Cheadle head sculpt - this set never made it to retail. Recently the War Machine figure has popped up all over ebay and is widely available in the secondary market. What happened to the RDJ head Iron Man? Will collectors see a RDJ head Iron man out at retail for Iron Man 3?
- How about a civillian suit Iron Man?
She wasn’t on the Marvel team during Iron Man 2, so should couldn’t give an answer to the first part of the question. As for the second part, there is only an unhelmeted Tony Stark in Mirco Muggs. There will perhaps be an unhelmeted figure to be revealed later.
- I would love it if someone passed on how excellent the twisted paper ties are in the vehicle packaging are, and it's good to see the wire and plastic supports gone.
Thanks! We love hearing feedback and support!