Author Topic: 6" Scale Vehicles, A Fool's Dream?  (Read 669 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
6" Scale Vehicles, A Fool's Dream?
« on: February 8, 2013, 12:57 AM »
This was brought up to me...  I honestly cannot imagine Hasbro trying ANY vehicles save something tiny like a Speederbike.  Speederbikes are really not much more than a 2nd figure when you think about it.

Beyond that i'm not sure I could even see something like a Dewback or Taun-Taun...  I think this line would really need to take off before any vehicles were considered, and as it stands, I think this line's going to struggle to capture the numbers of people it'll need to sustain itself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: 6" Scale Vehicles, A Fool's Dream?
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2013, 12:20 PM »
As someone pointed out, if it's been done at the 12 inch scale, 6 seems more than likely.  Speeder Bikes, Tauntaun, Dewback, Jabba.  Who knows.  I would be happier if the went the Sideshow route and offered environments.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2013, 04:26 PM »
Yeah, biggest vehicle I could see being done is Luke's Landspeeder. Watch them make the AOTC rickshaw droid and tick a bunch of people off.  :P

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2013, 06:19 PM »
One of the guys hinted that vehicles might be possible.  But he did say don't expect a 6" Sail Barge.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2013, 08:04 PM »
haha

I'm still placing my bet that vehicles would only happen in the smallest possible choices, and that the hint was only made because they don't want to say out of the gate, "Yeah no vehicles".  I think they really want this to take off and so I don't think they'd say anything remotely negative about it right now.

Never know...  The Landspeeder I think is even too big unless tehy can find a way to make it very cheaply.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 02:14 PM »
I think a Speeder Bike makes sense. Other than that I wouldnt expect any. I would prefer a Taun Taun, Jabba, and a Wampa anyway.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 08:09 PM »
It depends on what the come up with.  I would probably plunk down money for a Tauntaun and Wompa.  I doubt I would for vehicles like the X-Wing fighter.  I probably would for dioramas like what Sideshow does for it's 12 inch figures, but they won't go that route anyway.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 09:06 PM »
Speeder bikes seem like the most reasonable possibility for this line.  I could easily see Hasbro do Maul's speeder bike from TPM.  Especially since they already did one in the 12" scale.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback