Author Topic: 6 Inch Figures?  (Read 46877 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 6 Inch Figures?
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2013, 11:32 PM »
I'd agree on the accessories...  I think if these were sorta like that Ultimate 12" Luke (obviously not different outfits), they'd be more appealing to a broader collector audience...  A lit saber, saber hilt, gloved and non-gloved hands, a removable blaster holster for the hilt and his blaster incase you wanted him to have a different look and a place for all his gear...

The helmet having a sort of functional chin strap would be awesome too.  I think a Tatooine/Death Star Luke could've been epic like that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2013, 08:20 AM »
I think a Tatooine/Death Star Luke could've been epic like that.

Farmboy Luke.  Now that's one I thought of, too, after I posted my previous comments.  If Hasbro wanted to go for iconic, then there is nothing more iconic than Luke in his farmboy outfit, right? 

I guess it's just a reflection of how I see the saga, but when I think of Luke, I don't usually picture him in his flight suit first.  But Hasbro is fond of making Luke in that outfit; so I guess it's fitting that they went for this one. They're also quite fond of making that Sandtrooper, so I guess that's fitting, too.  They're just not my first choices; but I guess that really doesn't matter.  If the line is successful, then they'll get to my first choices eventually.   ;)

My first choice?  From the OT, I want Bespin Han.  Hands down.  When I was a kid, he was my hero; and I have always loved his Bespin look.  From the PT, I would want ROTS Anakin.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:46 AM by MasterFisto »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2013, 04:53 PM »
Already on ebay?

Star Wars 6-inch figures

;)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2013, 06:34 PM »
haha!

I just hope that the SDCC Fett/Solo 2-pack is readily available since that may be the first offering of the figures.  If it's hard to come by, I think Hasbro could shoot their own feet off for those that want it to add to their collection of 6" figures.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2013, 12:07 AM »
I saw Previews magazine (which is usually at the high end of retail pricing due to selling product direct to smaller comic shops) has the 6" figures SRP'd at $119.96 for a case of four, which works out to $29.99 each.

#bendover  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2013, 01:19 AM »
Yeah $20 bugs me, so $30, nah...  I think given how sales slowed on the line in general I don't think a scale change and 100% mark-up (or more) is going to help, but that's me.  They look nice though...  but I don't look at that Fett as nicer than my 3.75" Fett really.  Just bigger.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2013, 07:44 AM »
This will be stillborn at $30.  $20 would be bitter enough to swallow.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2013, 08:51 AM »
Wow!  $30?  I guess these will rot on shelves until a big sale hits.

That's a surprising price when Hasbro was saying $20 at Toy Fair.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:42 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2013, 09:48 AM »
Um, I think you missed the part of my post where I said...

Previews magazine (which is usually at the high end of retail pricing due to selling product direct to smaller comic shops)

$30 is what comic shops will likely charge, unless they are a big enough shop that they get enough volume to discount that.

$30 at Previews does not mean that $25 at TRU and $20 at Target/Walmart are still entirely possible.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2013, 10:01 AM »
Were't we just discussing earlier in this thread the $15 price point? That's a lot more in line with where these should be, IMO.

I think a good point of comparison is the Walking Dead figure line, which is sold at both TRU and local comic shops.

I consistently find these significantly cheaper at the local comic shops. TRU will occasionally run a good sale that makes them competitive, but in general, they are worse there than anywhere.

SW will have the benefit of Target and Walmart stocking them, so this should help, but frankly nothing would suprise me as far as pricing anymore. I can see these being $25 everywhere, or worse even.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Previews has historically been an OKAY source of information, and not much else.  You might be able to get an initial image of a new product there, but very little else.  I've used it for information in the past.  But when I was depending on my local comic shop for a good deal of collecting goods (notably Gentle Giant), I also looked into the pricing situation on Hasbro goods.  And when it comes to Hasbro, Diamond is NOT competitive.  Why?

Because Diamond Previews pricing on Hasbro offerings has always been on the high side.  It has forced the retailers (comic & collectibles shops) to price figures at least 25% higher than you would see in more traditional brick & mortar retail outlets.  Simply because they can't compete with the WalMart's, Target's and TRU's of the world from a volume standpoint.  Given that backstory with Diamond Previews, I think it's very safe to assume that the Black Series 6" figures will be priced much closer to $20 each at the traditional retail channels that most of us rely upon.  Thinking otherwise is bordering on alarmist. 

But then, there's plenty of alarmist nonsense going around with some sites talking out of their asses about the Black Series 6" figures only being available in North America.  Hooboy!   ::)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:06 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2013, 02:07 PM »
I think $20's high myself as well...  $15 seems more fair to me.  I think $10's high on any 3.75" figure, regardless of quality.  I think $8's more fair and in line with where they need to get those figures.  Price hikes came, the line's sales declined.  I don't think that's any mystery or coincidence.  Add in distribution woes primarily due to retailers bailing, poor case-packs on Hasbro's part, and slight declines in quality coinciding with the hikes, and to me WHY we are where we are in terms of the status of the Star Wars 3.75" world is not the grand mystery it's made out to be to some.  Oh, and splash in a pinch of no films and a TV show's steady decline in popularity.

It is what it is...  Hasbro can right the ship but I honestly don't think this Black Series is what will do it.

$15 I think would rope a LOT more folks into 6" figures.  People on the fence would fall to that side a lot quicker if they're a good bit less.  At $20 they're really more a premium line, and I already don't want to start a new collection of a wholly separate line of toys at an even more premium price.  The Carbonite block is also the only interesting thing I've seen so far, really.  The rest...  they're not really higher quality than the 3.75" versions I already own.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2013, 02:17 PM »
I agree 100% Jesse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2013, 07:47 PM »
If Hasbro did more of these "tag-alongs" on a figure's development and production, they probably could quiet some of the more nitpicky gripes.  **** happens in production.  **** happens FOR production.  To mass produce, compromise seems a necessity, and that doesn't even take into account unforeseen problems arising.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2013, 08:40 PM »
I think $20's high myself as well...  $15 seems more fair to me.  I think $10's high on any 3.75" figure, regardless of quality. \

They sure as hell shouldn't cost more than your average NECA figure given the scale and quality.