Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Six?  (Read 47241 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Six?
« Reply #45 on: January 7, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Yep, not the series finale, just the Maul storyline.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: January 8, 2014, 12:37 AM »
I'm in the minority but I hated the Maul arc...

I hated that he was alive.  I hated that they brought him back to try breathing life into the toon...  I hate it all.  I felt it was just another sign of the show taking a path away from the actual Clone Wars to crowbar in more stuff.  :-\  There's so much more to that era we basically missed because the toon just went away from its namesake.  That'll always bug me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #47 on: January 8, 2014, 01:08 AM »
I don't disagree. It was blatant property-whoring bringing Maul back, but if you could suspend disbelief/disgust enough, it was a well thought out path Maul took in the series - consorting with Talzin and the Mandalorians. It all culminated though in the murder of Satine, the defeat of Pre Vizsla and duel with Savage against Sidious. I loved every minute of it - the animation, the dialogue, the violence.

I'm still amazed that LFL went so far as to bring Maul back and didn't pay off that huge gamble with a proper animated conclusion. Sure the new comic series will fill in the blanks but I can't help but feel that anything pre-Disney acquisition is just viewed as a GL bastard child.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 8, 2014, 03:04 AM »
For me this is great news (being that I loved Maul's return, despite how ridiculous it sounded), but the biggest defeat for me will come around the time that I open those comic pages and imagine how every scene from those panels would have looked like in cartoon form on TV - I was practically sh***ing my pants during the Sidious vs. Maul & Savage duel, and now we're gonna miss out on what's practically going to be the biggest, most epic conclusion to TCW on TV? It just downright sucks. I can't even believe they wouldn't even make this a direct-to-DVD release, I mean, this is Darth freaking Maul!!!! We all know this guy HAS TO die at the end of the arc, right? I'm just in such disbelief by all of this.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 8, 2014, 11:37 AM »
I don't disagree. It was blatant property-whoring bringing Maul back, but if you could suspend disbelief/disgust enough, it was a well thought out path Maul took in the series - consorting with Talzin and the Mandalorians. It all culminated though in the murder of Satine, the defeat of Pre Vizsla and duel with Savage against Sidious. I loved every minute of it - the animation, the dialogue, the violence.

My thoughts exactly, I just recently went back and re-watched those episodes and they really were among the best the show ever had to offer. Silly idea at its core, but very well-executed.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 8, 2014, 12:40 PM »
The Darth Maul story arc was really able to sum up what it is to be Sith.  While The Clone Wars was really a ruse by which Darth Sidious was able to manipulate forces throughout the galaxy in order to attain power, it was so grand in scope that it wasn't so easy for viewers to grasp the complexity of his schemes.  Darth Maul's plots and machinations were more easy to grasp.  And the conflict between the Sith themselves was very cool to see.

Not seeing the story culminate in animated form is absolutely a big letdown.  I had also stopped reading the Star Wars comics a couple of years ago.  This might be cause to get back into them, but I would really have preferred some sort of DVD/BluRay release to bring the series to a close.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2014, 12:25 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2014, 01:52 PM »
Well that'll open a new can of worms.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2014, 02:29 PM »
I don't have Netflix so I'll have to figure a way around it I guess.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2014, 02:55 PM »
I don't have Netflix so I'll have to figure a way around it I guess.  :-\

Subscribe for their trial period, then cancel after you watch?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2014, 04:07 PM »
Ugh, I am glad they found an outlet for the episodes, and I don' mind ponying up for the service, but Netflix DOESN'T DO HD!!!

I have literally watched every single episode of this series in pristine High Definition, which it really demands because of the animation style, and now for the last 13 I have to revert back to crappy SD? Not cool.

I realize there will probably be a Blu-Ray disc release ultimately, but it still sucks not being able to see these for the first time as they were meant to be seen.

How about some con-exclusive figures to celebrate the last 13 episodes now, Hasbro?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2014, 04:44 PM »
Ugh, I am glad they found an outlet for the episodes, and I don' mind ponying up for the service, but Netflix DOESN'T DO HD!!!

Yes they do.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:44 PM by Jayson »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2014, 04:46 PM »
Oddly enough, we signed up for the 30-day trial of streaming this last weekend and have already been taking advantage of it.  I thnk it's like $10/month, so a pretty cheap option versus other forms of media or having to pay per show.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2014, 04:50 PM »
I have unlimited streaming for only $7.99/mo - best babysitter EVAR!

Here is another shot of the HD selection, I'm not sure McMetal where you saw that HD wasn't supported.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:51 PM by Jayson »