Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Six?  (Read 47240 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Six?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 11:56 PM »
Yeesh, makes letting Maul live seem pointless.

I'd suspect the Clovis arc was NOT shown just to get people who otherwise wouldn't (me  :P)  to buy the final season 5 DVD set.

Talk of a short Season 6 of 12 episodes. https://www.facebook.com/groups/swc6thebritlist/permalink/518746861509336/

This was posted at the 'Scum, sums it all up...
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/069/1/3/disney_council_by_engelha5t-d5xnjr8.jpg
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:05 AM by Scockery »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 02:04 PM »
All is not lost - there is an update here:

http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html

And there's a pretty cool clip to go with it.

Filoni is basically saying that they are going to "wind the series down" so that at least means we're going to get a chance to have some level of closure and hopefully plot-point-link-up with EP3.

Disney is NOTORIOUS for direct-to-video fare - I find it VERY hard to believe that they'll pass up doing the same thing here with the what's been done already for The Clone Wars. Who knows, maybe they'll bundle four or five episodes into "movies" and air them as specials on DisneyXD.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 02:14 PM »
Yeah, this statement from the story seems to say it all:

"While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen. Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content."

Done at Cartoon Network, but will live on in some other manner (probably DisneyXD or direct-to-video like many have speculated).  Not a surprise at this point...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 07:29 PM »
The key word is bonus, which suggests it won't continue on a network. I expect to see some DVD releases to finish out the show. Sad to see it go but you knew it was coming, even before Disney.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 08:35 PM »
The clip shown was amazing. Definite new direction with the show, hopefully it makes for a kick-ass series finale.

At this point it would seem as if Ahsoka saw her exit from the show?

Honestly, 10-12 episodes sure isn't enough, especially if they're saying the final season contains story arcs. So thats just about 3 whole 4-episode story arcs. At this point with the series ending, I'd say, if on nothing else, focus the hell outta a good Maul arc! Make a big deal about bringing him back, only to end without telling us what happens?! I hope they don't make a rushed, contrived arc that offs him in a chummy way. Gotta give him a kick-ass ending.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 08:50 PM »
I guess we had heard rumblings of an ending, but I honestly thought we'd get at least one more season - probably airing on Disney XD.  So much is just left hanging there, so I'm glad we'll hopefully get some sort of resolution whether it is via "bonus content", direct to DVD releases, online, or whatever.  It still baffles me what a freefall it was for the Clone Wars.  It was really the darling of both Hasbro and Cartoon Network (and Lucasfilm) at the beginning, and slowly all three (maybe partially because of Disney) have swept it silently under the rug.

I'm sad to see it coming to an end.  It had a nice run for a cartoon, since so many these days (particularly actiony ones - non Spongebob types) are lucky to get past the syndication number and call it a day.  That being said, I have become invested in characters like Ahsoka, Ventress, Rex, etc. (or even Maul, Cad Bane, etc.) and I want to know what becomes of them.  Hopefully we'll get more details soon.  It is probably a topic for another thread/forums, but I read in one of the articles about this today how it seems that almost all prequel era stuff is being pushed away, whether it is the PT 3D releases, the CW show, or even the whole 75% OT/25% PT lineup of the new Black Series 6" line.  Interesting how that has changed.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 09:03 PM »
So am I supposed to be happy, or unhappy?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 09:50 PM »
Dude, if you watch that clip you'll be happy, I'm pretty sure. Flying red SBD's? Bionic Admiral Trench? OH hell yes.

This is great news for me, it gives them a chance to end things on their own terms, and finish the stories that need to be told. And let's face it, hopefully kill a LOT of extraneous characters Like Cad Bane, Asajj Ventress, Darth Maul, etc. (Hoping Rex lives actually)

Sucks that we won't be getting toys to go along with them, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

For real though, you guys don't need to save that Clovis arc...just throw it in with Season 5 and start fresh with the good stuff.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 10:21 PM »
You forgot Ahsoka

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2013, 11:14 PM »
You forgot Ahsoka

Well, I actually feel like we may not see her again, they sort of left her a nice open-ended "out"...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 12:34 AM »
I liked the video...  just wondering how I'll get to see all that. :P 

Definitely waiting for reviews before I commit to buying stuff on disc because the last couple seasons have been so off for me, I am reluctant to buy into owning something from the series right now.  :-\

Glad it's continuing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 09:27 AM »
Filoni looked like he was about to cry imo

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 01:14 PM »
Filoni looked like he was about to cry imo

It's totally understandable.  He's devoted much of the last decade of his life to the Clone Wars series, and knowing that it's coming to a close has to be pretty bittersweet.  But he should also be proud of a good deal of that work, because the show has been pretty groundbreaking.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 06:38 PM »
Until I see otherwise I think they are just taking what is already in the can, marketing it it 4-story arc releases, and making as much money of off twelve episodes they have already finished for season 6 and making the same profit they would have if they made more. I think it is PR BS that they are wrapping things up, and if I did not love the show so much, I would not support the sure to be direct to DVD releases. But seeing Trench alone was enough to geek me out a little.
In a dream world they would allow Filoni to write a Rex and Ashoka wrap up arc where Ashoka dies saving Rex, and Rex moves off to the outer-rim and marries a Twilek.

Don't think for a minute you are going to get those Clovis episodes on the season 5 DVD or Bluray. There is a big money sucking rat in charge, and nothing is free in Mickeyland.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 07:17 PM »
awww cr@p
after watching the clip on IGN @ the 1:27 mark when you look behind, i think his name is Doppler the clone with the teardrop markings/tat, right when he's about to aim his blaster at the jedi. there is what i assume is a commander he has 2 pistols ala Rex BUT has a Cody helmet and since all the other troops in that battle are 501st can we assume that it might be Rex and that he has upgraded his helmet.  Also Anakin is there in that battle.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/11/news-star-wars-the-clone-wars-is-cancelled
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge