Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Six?  (Read 47245 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Six?
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2014, 07:30 PM »
that was some fantastic stuff, wierd to watch it all at once bascially. the animation was SPECTACULAR just leaps and bounds above where CW started from. Even on my lil Ipod i was blown away by how it all looked. stories were good a lil disappointing that the last season ended with Clovis Arc and Jar Jar Arcs, but nothing that could've been anticipated i suppose, who knew this would've been the last of it all. And don't get me wrong both Arcs were good just rather have seen Ahsoka, Rex, Boba, Maul epsiodes. I loved the episodes, very interesting how much Yoda knew, and brings up a lot of questions. Like how does Yoda teach Obi how to retain identity after death after all Yoda had to go through to learn it. Makes me wonder if Yoda actually has the ability to retain Obi's prescence for him. And what was that about Skywalker at the end almost like it was thrown in there just to make it sound like ROTJ. I didn't get that. Hope i'm not throwing any spoilers out there.

It really was bittersweet. When CW started I took my lil girl with me to see it in theater and now here she is not so lil (14 years old in Apr) and CW is over. Kinda sad, cuz it really didn't feel like it was "over" cuz there wasn't really an ending, better then nothing though, but i wish they could've finished it properly.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2014, 04:20 AM »
I'm slowly knocking out Season 6, finishing up the first arc now (Order 66 chips/"virus"). Awesome stuff, and it's really puzzling how stuff that tries to tie the movies together better is cut for trash like Sunny Day in the Void.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2014, 03:12 PM »
And what was that about Skywalker at the end almost like it was thrown in there just to make it sound like ROTJ. I didn't get that. Hope i'm not throwing any spoilers out there.

Yoda was seeing (albeit clouded) events in the future - Order 66, Sidious cutting down Mace and Co. in his office and finally, he saw his own death.

"Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future... the past. Old friends long gone." - Yoda, TESB
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:14 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2014, 02:12 AM »
Not watched all these yet, just got through Mace/Jar Jar, but I think Jar Jar was having tantric sex or something...  I'm skeeved.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2014, 08:31 AM »
I watched the first story arc about the Tuffs and Fives.  If the rest of the series was telling stories similar to this, I would have liked it so much more!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2014, 01:28 PM »
I finished up Season Six earlier this week, and thought overall it was one of the stronger groups of episodes - and made me miss Clone Wars.  I honestly hadn't thought about it all that much until these were getting close to release, but after watching a couple of those arcs, I sort of wanted to see some more.  The Yoda arc was my favorite, and the opening arc was pretty great too.  I'd like to go through and watch them again, but on first impression, a pretty nice "season".

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2014, 09:39 AM »
I'm in the middle of the Clovis episode. This one is just ok compared to the order66 arc. Does this series end with Grevious kidnapping the Chancellor? That would have nice to put a THE END on it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2014, 12:13 PM »
I'm in the middle of the Clovis episode. This one is just ok compared to the order66 arc. Does this series end with Grevious kidnapping the Chancellor? That would have nice to put a THE END on it.

i WISH it could've ended on a more cohesive note like that.
it really does suck that it ended so 1/2 a$$ed. no fault of the creative team obviously, but still.
it feels so unfinished, even if we get the rest in comic or book form still not the same.
and seeing some of the production art from SW.com and Filoni's blog makes me feel that they didn't plan on ending season 6 with it being the finale either.
They could've made a finale movie, which woulda made a great way to end it considering they way it began.
Glad Filoni is in charge of the new Rebels, all things considered he did a great job. and the fact that he's such an uber fan of SW is obvious plus. With GL out of the picture he might do an even better job.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2014, 02:29 PM »
Grievous' kidnapping of Palps is already in CW 2D, and is pretty outstanding actually.  I'm kind of cool with that being the way they go with everything and not stepping on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Grievous' kidnapping of Palps is already in CW 2D, and is pretty outstanding actually.  I'm kind of cool with that being the way they go with everything and not stepping on it.

I loved that episode. Grievous absolutely rocked, and the style of the animation seemed to fit Star Wars well.

I recently grabbed the Samurai Jack dvds, and hearing Aku's voice makes me think that is what Lucas was going for with Palpatine's voice in ROTS. The second episode, where Jack lands in the future with all the flying cars looks like AOTC lifted it for Coruscant.

To get back to the thread though, I started season 6 the other night and watched the first arc. I loved it, and told my daughter (now 13, who used to watch the series with me) that she had to check them out. She watched them with me last Saturday morning, and her jaw was just hanging down, she loved it. We burned through the Clovis arc that same morning, and will probably finish the rest this weekend. I know it wasn't everybody's cup of tea, but these cartoons and that toy line hit a pretty nice stride for a while.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2014, 01:14 AM »
I'm down to the last 3 episodes and I really wish Hasbro would make that Jedi Fighter Yoda is flying!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2014, 09:14 PM »
I agree. I would love to see that ship. I guess R2 remembers being on Dagobah. I wonder how Luke remembers being there too?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2014, 09:34 PM »
I feel like Luke's feelings towards Dagobah are less that he was there literally, and more that he feels some tie to the planet since it seems to have some special forcey thing going on.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2014, 01:01 PM »
Geez, how the heck did I forget to post here for the past 2 months?!?!

Anyway, I finally watched them in big screen HD glory, my bro was able to rip the off the internets with superb quality.

They were a delight, for sure. The animation was spectacular! Aside from the Clovis arc they were all pretty much enjoyable. I thought  they hit some real false notes on that one with the Muun though, not at all what I would have expected based on their depictions in the Darth Plagueis novel.

The Jar Jar/Mace stuff was sort of goofy and unexpected, throwing in Talzin was a deft touch though. The Order 66 arc was hellaciously cool but it has been so long now that one has already started to fade from memory a bit. Sure wish we had some of those McQuarrie clones though. Sifo Dyas was always the huge question mark for me from the PT, so I'm glad they attempted to provide some clarity there.

Nothing beats that Yoda arc though. It was like a crazy sequel to the Mortiis trilogy. I'm always down for any weird force stuff. Seeing Korraban was so cool too, and of course Bane, though I wished they would have drawn him a little closer to the action figure interpretation. Just a lot of cool stuff going on in there.

Can't wait for the inevitable Blu-Ray release!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2014, 10:34 PM »
Four of the uncompleted episodes have been posted on StarWars.com.

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy