Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Six?  (Read 47371 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Six?
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Excuse my ignorance when it comes to all things Netflix as I'm not a subscriber, but has there ever been a series that was developed for Netflix ever released on DVD/BD?  I really don't want to subscribe just to watch these, but I fear I have no other choice.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Not sure about the historical precedent but those new Clone Wars episodes have already been prelisted for sale as a set overseas, so it is all but certain they will be released over here as well. I would guess sometime in the near future, this Fall.

I guess I need to check out that Ventress novel now too, although I did not care much for the Darth Maul Son of Dathomir treatment.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2014, 04:16 PM »
Perfect, thanks McMetal!  Hopefully they will be released by Christmas; the past seasons have made perfect stocking stuffers for my kids.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2014, 07:57 PM »
Four of the uncompleted episodes have been posted on StarWars.com.

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Wow! They really let the animation quality drop.   jk
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2014, 09:49 AM »
The highly anticipated sixth and final season of the Emmy Award-winning series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the 13-episode season dubbed "The Lost Missions." In these eagerly anticipated episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, some of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and the dark sides of the Force are revealed. An intrepid clone trooper discovers a shocking secret, Anakin Skywalker's closest relationship is tested to its limits, and what Master Yoda discovers while investigating the disappearance of a Jedi could forever change the balance of power in the galaxy.
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has today announced that on November 11th they will release Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions: Season 6 on DVD (3 discs, $39.99 SRP) and high-def Blu-ray Disc (2 discs, $45.99 SRP). Each will run approximately 390 minutes long, and come with bonus material (the details of which have not been revealed yet, but stay tuned!).

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Clone-Wars-Season-6/20365#ixzz3FqOfjR39

Didn't see this posted here, but great news to get confirmation on this set!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2014, 01:53 PM »
I ordered the Lost Missions online last week but haven't had a chance to check it out. Interesting is that it's labeled as a Disney home video release. Guess that means there will be effort put into the discs unlike the Complete Series set that had an entire season that couldn't play. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 8, 2014, 05:40 PM »
Maybe the Lost Missions of Star Wars The Clone Wars will officially be the sixth season.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2014, 10:37 AM »
Hopefully they will be released by Christmas; the past seasons have made perfect stocking stuffers for my kids.

The boys 'shockingly' ended up getting this for Christmas.  Have only watched the first four episodes and I definitely miss this compared to the current offerings from Rebels.  I really wish they were still making these episodes...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2015, 05:29 PM »
As per The Front Page Story, the "Bad Batch" set of unfinished episodes is up on SW.com for your viewing pleasure.

While not finished, they're still pretty awesome episodes... :)  Too bad these didn't get completed, but we got that school lunch BS.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2015, 10:54 PM »
Disney who has all the money in the world being cheap skates and not letting the team finish the episodes.
I'm glad there's more Star Wars coming, but I still hate it has to be via Disney.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2015, 11:02 PM »
I dunno, would it be "cheap" to do it?  I would like to see them finished too, so don't get me wrong, I just don't think it'd be all that cheap and they're probably just moved on from it at this point (or so I assume). 

They seem to want to distance themselves from anything but the OT, in a weird way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2015, 01:39 AM »
So I watched all of 'em and the "bonus" vid from CA, and I'm kinda curious what the deal was with the "Bad Batch" and if they're even remotely close to a Clone?  Hunter kinda looked like Spirit + a Clone + Billy from Predator (which was reffed in the bonus vid).

Wrecker...  didn't care for what they did there.  Seriously.

Crosshairs was neat.

The tech guy didn't even look like a Clone, at all.

I dunno.  Weird storyline...  I liked it, really, but the Bad Batch felt like it needed a lot more explanation as to why they are like they are.  And the bonus vid didn't cover it.  Not one person asked a friggin' question regarding their origins, why they're Clones, but not quite.

Anyway, good arc...  Fun seeing the base from Rebels turn up.  I knew they'd made it for TCW but never realized they got that far.

Mace's speech was funny too.  Good moment. 

Definitely worth checking out.  Even rough, those stories are fun.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2015, 02:33 PM »
I know a lil old here to even bother commenting, but this arc coulda been much better if that'd made it using the Republic commandos, they already had the cg models for them, and it might've been cool to see the helmets off n all. kinda glad this arc didn't make it to being a real episode.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge