Multimedia > The Prequel Trilogy

Rumor: No more 3D Prequel Releases?

<< < (3/8) > >>

Captain Piet:
But how many times do you go to the well? If there's one thing I'm confident in the J.J. Abrams era is that they're not going to be pushing crap on us every five seconds. Abrams knows how to build buzz. If Star Wars is constantly available, it loses luster. Look at Disney and its "vault" mentality. Granted, it's an extreme example, but there's got to be a healthy middle ground.

JediMoses:
I'll be among the first ones to say that TPM 3D was underwhelming.  But I loved taking my son and his friends to see it on the big screen.  And the footage from Ep 2 and 3 looked pretty good.  $43,456,382 was the gross for TPM, not terrible given all the factors.  But it was promoted heavily and the cost of the release had to be high.

I feel for Hasbro if they have been left out of the loop. And that takes a lot for me to say.

Nicklab:
I can't say that I'm terribly surprised.  I skipped TPM in 3D, and didn't really feel all that bad for doing so.  Would it be nice to have seen all of the Saga converted to 3D?  Sure.  But to me, that's a luxury.  I think that I'd rather have Lucasfilm/Disney focus more on new Star Wars content than regurgitating and repackaging older content.

Brian:

--- Quote from: Jeff on January 28, 2013, 04:06 PM ---I hope this just means AOTC-3D and ROTS-3D. 

I would have loved to take my boys to see 4/5/6 on the big screen (3D or no 3D) in 2014 order to get them ready for Episode 7 in 2015.  Leave it to TPM to ruin yet another thing...  ::)

--- End quote ---

I'm kind of in the same boat as Jeff, I was more so looking forward to seeing the OT on the big screen again (even if it wasn't in 3D).  I took my daughter to see TPM in 3D last year, and she loved it.  I don't even know if it was because of the 3D (and she had seen TPM at home before), but just the whole "event" of going to see Star Wars at the theater.  With some of the info. that has leaked about with the new movie and Disney's stance on SW, it seems they really prefer the tone and to focus on the Original Trilogy as far as their backing, so maybe it is still possible to get re-releases of the OT next year or something?  Maybe not likely, but fingers crossed.

For as much as we complain, you seriously almost have to feel bad for Hasbro.  It has to be so tough for them to plan a SW line these days with the combination of things going on.  I almost wouldn't be surprised (or blame them) if they just packed things up or did re-releases until the Episode 7 stuff hits.  Plus the fact that if they do stick to the 2015 release, it may be difficult to get things ready to go by the time they get actors cast (and scanned), vehicle pics/schematics, etc. for the new movie(s).  They usually have more lead time than that I believe, right?

McMetal:
My, how the worm has turned. Maybe now we might see a little love for the one DEPENDABLE ongoing Star Wars media property, a little show I like to call The Clone Wars.

Sounds like we might have room for a Season Seven now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version