Multimedia > The Prequel Trilogy

Rumor: No more 3D Prequel Releases?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Jesse James:
I wanted to see ST in 3D because I have heard rave things about it's 3D...  The gf doesn't care for that though, so I'll be seeing it 2D.  Oh well.

Qui-Gon Jim:
In addition, 3D penetration into homes hasn't hit a huge level yet so 3D is an attraction to moviegoers.  Even if all that up-charge goes to studios (which is obviously not the case) then additional butts in seats equals more over-priced concessions.

Matt:
(I posted this in the SW Universe section too--it may be slightly more appropriate here hence the crosspost)

SW.com: Revenge of the Sith 3D ... Announced for Star Wars Celebration

--- Quote ---Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, in all its Order 66ing glory, will make its 3D debut at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, coming April 16-19, 2015. Fans will be the first to see this long-awaited, big-screen 3D conversion by Lucasfilm, completed with care for the look of the original movie while taking advantage of 3D’s stunning possibilities. Revenge of the Sith was originally released in 2005, and brought the Star Wars saga full circle with an action-packed, visually-stunning, emotional story. The film sees the final machinations of Darth Sidious’ evil plot come to pass — and features lots (and lots) of lightsaber duels, dogfights, and Clone Wars battles. With all this, Revenge of the Sith 3D promises to be a great experience, and one that even a Sith could love. (Anakin versus Obi-Wan in 3D, anyone?)

But that’s not all — all the Star Wars films will screen at Star Wars Celebration, including The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones in 3D.
--- End quote ---

TL;DR: The 3D versions of Episodes II and III created and shelved several years ago will finally be dumped off onto the Celebration audience

Qui-Gon Jim:
Interesting that it is "EPISODE 3 IN 3D!!!!!!.  Oh, and also EII as well."  Even they know that AotC is the weakest SW film.

Jeff:
People seem to forget that AOTC 3D was already dumped off onto the Celebration audience.  It made its "debut" at Celebration Europe II.

--- Quote from: Jeff on May 29, 2013, 11:32 AM ---AotC 3D lives...  if you're going to Celebration Europe this summer, that is.

--- End quote ---

That's why the announcement focuses on ROTS 3D - it's the film being shown for the first time...  the other two (Ep1 3D, Ep2 3D) have already been screened publicly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version