Author Topic: Rumor: No more 3D Prequel Releases?  (Read 19440 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Rumor: No more 3D Prequel Releases?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 02:16 PM »
I wanted to see ST in 3D because I have heard rave things about it's 3D...  The gf doesn't care for that though, so I'll be seeing it 2D.  Oh well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 02:20 PM »
In addition, 3D penetration into homes hasn't hit a huge level yet so 3D is an attraction to moviegoers.  Even if all that up-charge goes to studios (which is obviously not the case) then additional butts in seats equals more over-priced concessions.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #32 on: January 6, 2015, 10:20 AM »
(I posted this in the SW Universe section too--it may be slightly more appropriate here hence the crosspost)

SW.com: Revenge of the Sith 3D ... Announced for Star Wars Celebration

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, in all its Order 66ing glory, will make its 3D debut at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, coming April 16-19, 2015. Fans will be the first to see this long-awaited, big-screen 3D conversion by Lucasfilm, completed with care for the look of the original movie while taking advantage of 3D’s stunning possibilities. Revenge of the Sith was originally released in 2005, and brought the Star Wars saga full circle with an action-packed, visually-stunning, emotional story. The film sees the final machinations of Darth Sidious’ evil plot come to pass — and features lots (and lots) of lightsaber duels, dogfights, and Clone Wars battles. With all this, Revenge of the Sith 3D promises to be a great experience, and one that even a Sith could love. (Anakin versus Obi-Wan in 3D, anyone?)

But that’s not all — all the Star Wars films will screen at Star Wars Celebration, including The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones in 3D.

TL;DR: The 3D versions of Episodes II and III created and shelved several years ago will finally be dumped off onto the Celebration audience
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 6, 2015, 11:13 AM »
Interesting that it is "EPISODE 3 IN 3D!!!!!!.  Oh, and also EII as well."  Even they know that AotC is the weakest SW film.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: January 6, 2015, 11:44 AM »
People seem to forget that AOTC 3D was already dumped off onto the Celebration audience.  It made its "debut" at Celebration Europe II.

AotC 3D lives...  if you're going to Celebration Europe this summer, that is.

That's why the announcement focuses on ROTS 3D - it's the film being shown for the first time...  the other two (Ep1 3D, Ep2 3D) have already been screened publicly.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #35 on: January 6, 2015, 11:56 AM »
If it's not in America, it doesn't count.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: January 6, 2015, 07:22 PM »
That's my motto.

I'd liked to have seen AOTC and ROTS in 3D.  I actually thought TPM looked ok in it...  and I've grown to really dislike TPM to the point I won't really watch it anymore like I used to.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 6, 2015, 09:04 PM »
If it's not in America, it doesn't count.

AOTC in 3D was shown as part of a screening in honor of legendary special effects artist Dennis Muren.  That was held in San Rafael, California.  There's more about the film festival and Muren's other work here.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 7, 2015, 09:29 AM »
Hopefully there is actually real 3D in these two movies. TPM had very little and what was there looked really viewmaster flat. They went cheap on the conversion as I think they did with these two versions also.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 1, 2015, 12:23 PM »
It was cool to see EP2 & 3 in 3D at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours