Author Topic: 6" Black Series Wave 1 (2013 Wave 1)  (Read 40735 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series - 2013 Wave 1
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 09:24 AM »
I'm torn on these. The R2 and Sandtrooper look so amazing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 08:49 PM »
I'm torn on these. The R2 and Sandtrooper look so amazing.

I totally agree.   I think this will be a 'wait to see how they look in person at retail' purchase.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 2, 2013, 04:22 AM »
You can now pre-order these on Amazon.com.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #33 on: July 3, 2013, 11:04 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone has seen the production photos of R2.  It's really lacking in detail an paint.  I'm getting very torn about this line.  When it was first announced, I was 100% in, but after seeing some product I am not too sure.  Here's the thing, for 20.00 I expect something "better" than what I get for 10.00.  Not just bigger.  I juts don't know if these are worth 20.00.  When Sideshow announced that they were making 12 inch SW, I was all in.  But then I saw that the human faces were sometimes lacking.  For 130-150.00 I expect top notch work.

I think that's maybe why I like the small figures. I accept the flaws and shortcoming because there's only so much that can be done for 10.00.

Who knows.  I might flip out and love the 6 inch figures in the store.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 10:11 PM »
For folks trying to track down the upcoming 6″ Black Series figures, plug DPCI 087-06-1941 in the system to aid in your search.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 1, 2013, 01:24 PM »
Target's reset is next week so we should see wave 1 on the shelf soon. I know my store is showing them on hand but not in the back room. Makes sense since all the new toys are palletized to make pushing the new product easier. I'll post pics once I have my 4, prob later next week.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 4, 2013, 02:36 PM »
Much to my chagrin I really like these.

I picked up the Luke, Sandtrooper, and the Maul. Passed on R2. Not sure any of them are worth $20 each, but R2 is just too little.

The Sandtrooper is gorgeous. I really like Luke other than the way his legs meet his torso. Maul is nice.

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 4, 2013, 08:41 PM »
I didn't originally plan on buying Maul, but once I saw him in person, I immediately nabbed him.  He looks great.  Picked him up along with R2 at TRU last weekend.  What's even better is that they had the BOGOHO sale.  Since I plan on getting a few Stormtroopers from Wave 3, I passed on the Sandtrooper.  I wasn't very impressed with Luke.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 5, 2013, 01:03 PM »
I picked up the Sandtrooper and Darth Maul from Target this morning. They are REALLY nice figures, but unfortunately I think they are terrible overpriced. I feel like I would have gotten more bang for my buck from single carded figures, even with those being expensive nowadays. These really should have been priced around $15; I think that would have made a world of difference.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: August 5, 2013, 02:32 PM »
I think at $15 I probably would pick up a smattering of OT mains and bounty hunters.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 5, 2013, 03:13 PM »
I think at $15 I probably would pick up a smattering of OT mains and bounty hunters.

And at $13 you're army building.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: August 5, 2013, 06:59 PM »
Nah 6" is way too big to army build for me.  I'd never consider it at any price really.  OT only I would consider though.

My big hump I can't get over is that I've seen like Boba in person and he's not better or worse to me than my VOTC figure of Boba.  With sideshow I see significant differences and it is really a separate and unique thing but with the 6" figures they're just taller.  That's probably more a hurdle for me than price.  If they were like miniatre Sideshow figures I'd have more curiosity, but that's not their intent either ultimately.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2013, 07:58 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 5, 2013, 07:19 PM »
Nah 6" is way too big to army build for me.  I'd never consider it at any price really.  OT only I consider though. 

My big hump I can't get over is that I've seen like Boba in person and he's not better or worse to me than my VOTC figure of Boba.  With sideshow I see significant differences and it is really a separate and unique thing but with the 6" figures they're just taller.  That's probably more a hurdle for me than price.  If they were like miniatre Sideshow figures I'd have more curiosity, but that's not their intent either ultimately.

I think I feel similarly. These 6" figures aren't a drastic improvement over the 3 3/4" counterparts. The sculpts appear better on the 6", but that just might be an effect of the larger size. There is better articulation on the 6", but I find it gets impaired by the sculpt more than on 3 3/4" (the double hinged knees and elbows on the Sandtrooper, for example). Another downside is that paint flaws stand out more since the figures are bigger. My Sandie has a huge black paint spot on one forearm, and Maul had the yellow from one eye placed outside of the sculpted eye area.

Not to sound totally one-sided, here are couple of things I do like about the 6" figures. The "rocker" ankle joints and combination ball joint and hinge neck are awesome. I would love to see the ankles applied to more 3 3/4" figures, and the neck articulation applied to select Star Wars and GI Joe figures. The weathering style on the Sandtrooper is also nice and much better than anything Hasbro has done in the smaller scale.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 6, 2013, 09:02 AM »
I just want to hold one of these dadgum things in my hand so I can decide if I'm in or out once and for all. I feel like they should have some heft...if these are dinky, hollowed out versions I feel like I would be more reluctant to jump in. I can;t say for sure until the Moment of Truth.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 6, 2013, 10:32 AM »
Much to my chagrin I really like these.

I picked up the Luke, Sandtrooper, and the Maul. Passed on R2. Not sure any of them are worth $20 each, but R2 is just too little.

The Sandtrooper is gorgeous. I really like Luke other than the way his legs meet his torso. Maul is nice.

I scored 3 of them today at Target - surprisingly the R2 was the only one missing.   :P

Luke is spectacular with tons of detail.  The Sandtrooper is cool, but a little too much on the weathering in my opinion.  Maul looks great, but is my least favorite.  I'm just soft on the PT these days.  $60 for three figs was a bit of a pill to swallow, but I'm guessing we will see these on sale for $15-18 somewhere down the road.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today