Author Topic: 6" Black Series Wave 2 (2013 Wave 2)  (Read 42524 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series - 2013 Wave 2
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2013, 02:43 PM »
Why do they have Han as a pre-order for $10, while the others are in stock for twice the price?!   ???  Are they getting a case of just Han's?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2013, 03:15 PM »
He was in stock earlier today (from Wave 2 cases) and since he is carried forward to Wave 3 they are blowing him out early, I guess.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2013, 11:14 AM »
Got my Han and Greedo from HTS yesterday. Very impressed with these two, especially Han. I'm still on the fence on Leia, and Fett of course is always sold out.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 2, 2013, 10:39 AM »
SAVE25 at HTS.com today for 25% off and free shipping.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 3, 2013, 04:12 AM »
I was lucky enough to order Boba on Amazon for $22 (instead of the $40 rate like he is now) when they had him back in stock in limited amounts before Black Friday. Just got him in the mail and man oh man is this figure great.

However, I've noticed he's all kinds prone-looking to breakage - my sample has really stiff joints that make a noticeable sound whenever I move his right arm and left ankle. It kinda reminds me of how when I ordered Maul from Amazon and he came with a dislocating left knee. It's funny because there's all sorts of reports of how people have had 6" figure parts break on them (an article comes to mind of when someone's Greedo snapped at the ankle joint). Considering the price on these guys, this shouldn't be happening.

One last thing, and I know it may be too early to tell because we haven't gotten that many figures yet, but does anyone think Hasbro's scaling of these figures is just radically different through each character? For example, the Luke seems tiny to Maul, who's tiny compared to Han. The Sandtrooper towers over them, yet the Boba is WAAAY huger than any of the figures. Idk, it just seems weird that the heights don't seem very consistent.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 3, 2013, 10:43 AM »

One last thing, and I know it may be too early to tell because we haven't gotten that many figures yet, but does anyone think Hasbro's scaling of these figures is just radically different through each character? For example, the Luke seems tiny to Maul, who's tiny compared to Han. The Sandtrooper towers over them, yet the Boba is WAAAY huger than any of the figures. Idk, it just seems weird that the heights don't seem very consistent.

Just snapped this pic on the way out the door.  I'm not really seeing what you mean about Boba Fett.  He's shorter as he should be and the scale is right on IMO. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 3, 2013, 11:19 AM »
I think the scale as it relates to the figures collectively is a little wonky. Everyone talks about Leia and R2, but Pilot Luke is absolutely shrimpy IMO. He looks like a pre-teen.

It doesn't bother me all that much really, individually these are still nice interpretations.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: December 3, 2013, 11:44 AM »
Mark Hamill is quoted at around 5'7"...as stated earlier Ford is a hair over 6' and Fisher is actually around 5'.  So he should be at about Han's shoulder side by side...anyone have a comparison shot?  I also just read Bulloch is 6', he should be the same height as Han, which based on Matt;s picture he is
« Last Edit: December 3, 2013, 11:45 AM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: December 3, 2013, 11:46 AM »

Looks alright to me based on above

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 3, 2013, 08:02 PM »
Picked up Fett today so I'm done with this wave (ordered Han yesterday via HTS for the discount and free shipping and my wife got my Greedo for the holidays).

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 4, 2013, 02:38 PM »
Okay I think this picture speaks for itself.  Took this today in my kitchen and the scales are indeed perfect, shockingly so dare I add.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1461487_10201901679136647_1605044013_n.jpg

I think that ends the debate.  This comment about Sandtrooper and Boba still baffles me:

« Last Edit: December 4, 2013, 02:46 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 4, 2013, 03:31 PM »
Is that a 6" scale ceiling fan?  :P

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 4, 2013, 04:45 PM by Greg »