Author Topic: 6" Black Series Wave 2 (2013 Wave 2)  (Read 42525 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series - 2013 Wave 2
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2013, 10:49 PM »
Fett is back on Amazon at the moment for $23, which isn't terrible if you can get the free shipping.

Aaaaaand it's gone
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:03 AM by Greg »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2013, 07:26 AM »
Checked this morning and found The Black Series Boba Fett 6"...1 left in stock.  Picked him up along with a $10 Leia and free shipping.  Score!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2013, 12:46 PM »
Checked this morning and found The Black Series Boba Fett 6"...1 left in stock.  Picked him up along with a $10 Leia and free shipping.  Score!

I received my Fett and Slave Leia from Amazon today.  I was worried about paint apps given all the comments on here, but they both look fantastic.  No screwy eyeballs or smudges.  The Fett cost me a few bucks extra @ $23, but he looks crazy cool.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 25, 2013, 02:16 PM »
Opened my 6" Slave girl Leia Christmas morning. This is an ok figure. Her eyes make her look like an Egyptian hieroglyphic. She definitely has child-bearing hips. Wow! Could they have made those a little smaller?  She is kind of a let down.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2013, 09:53 AM »
I opened mine this weekend as well.  I really don't mind the joints or hips and the paint job is great.  My biggest gripe is the face sculpt.  I haven't watched Jedi in a while, but I thought Leia pretty much looked either helpless and scared or angry and derermined wearing the metal bikini.  My figure looks like she's zoning out at a school lecture.  Why the abstract, bored sculpt, Hasbro?

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2014, 09:26 AM »
I was trying to stay away from this line, but then my brother got me the x-wing luke and Sandtrooper for xmas.  Now I'm trying to track down Fett, but haven't had any luck so far.  And the pictures of the new stormies make me think I need two.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2014, 04:50 PM »
6" Fett back in stock at TRU. For $17.99!  Free shipping on orders over $50. Limit one Fett per person.  Go get him!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24123946&csm=529351851&csc=3189785&csa=541123561&csu=3189787

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #128 on: March 5, 2014, 12:46 AM »
Any word on when/if Fett will get rereleased? Or should I just buy the set of wave 2 from BBTS?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 5, 2014, 09:16 AM »
I gave up, and found a reasonably priced one on ebay.  Price was only $2 more than retail (though I did have to pay $8 in shipping).  Good enough I guess.  Now the fun starts with trying to track down stormtroopers.  I want 2, so I can have them flanking Vader when he releases.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2014, 07:52 PM »
No store near me that carries these has a Han Solo...  anywhere.

I know everyone dumped on them over it, but was he REALLY a bad carry-forward?  Boba needs it too, no denying that, but I see scads of Wave 2 at Target, at least 3 of Greedo and Leia at any one I go to.  K-Mart has Leia and Greedo too...  Han?  I haven't seen him in quite some time.

I predicted he was a pretty solid choice (still not denying Fett is too), and I was right.  He displays multiple ways, he's an awesome sculpt, he's a major hero that is popular with not just collectors but random fans walking past toys and thinking, "My goodness, that would look cool on my desk!", as well as kids (though $20 figures aren't really for kids I figure).

Not a fan of OWK or Ani getting a repack myself, but Han?  I totally think Hasbro made a right call there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2014, 09:28 PM »
Used SPRING14 promocode at HTS tonight to score Bespin Luke and Obi-Wan for $15.99 each, plus free shipping.  8)

I'm just tired of waiting for these to hit Target and I know I'll never get to TRU early enough to score their random 1 case when it arrives. This seemed like too good a deal to pass up. Now I just need that $%* Stormtrooper!

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2014, 09:50 PM »
Is this code one-use or can I use it now and then use it again if the Stormie comes back in stock if I order the Luke now?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:21 PM by Rob »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2014, 11:53 PM »
Used SPRING14 promocode at HTS tonight to score Bespin Luke and Obi-Wan for $15.99 each, plus free shipping.  8)

I'm just tired of waiting for these to hit Target and I know I'll never get to TRU early enough to score their random 1 case when it arrives. This seemed like too good a deal to pass up. Now I just need that $%* Stormtrooper!

Thanks for the tip! Nice to get Luke for less than retail.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2014, 12:05 AM »
Should be multi-use Rob.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77