Author Topic: 2013 SDCC Exclusive 6" Fett w/Carbonite Block  (Read 45836 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 SDCC Exclusive 6" Fett w/Carbonite Block
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2013, 05:45 AM »
Since it's a shared exclusive with CE2, this probably won't go online until next week.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2013, 09:00 AM »
Since it's a shared exclusive with CE2, this probably won't go online until next week.

Maybe, but since HTS doesn't ship internationally, I could still see these going up Wednesday.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2013, 12:02 PM »
Shoot, that's nothing, some jackhole is selling the Alien Super 7 Prototype 2-pack for $995 on eBay right now. These sold for $40 at SDCC!

I swear I just wish I could reach through the computer and slap people sometimes.

I'm guessing they didn't get that... the completed auctions seem to have sold for about $100.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2013, 12:46 PM »
I'm guessing they didn't get that... the completed auctions seem to have sold for about $100.

I am almost positive that those completed auctions you are seeing were Pre-Orders that were listed prior to Comic Con. I tried this route and got one for $85, only to have the whole deal canceled yesterday because the guy couldn't come through on his end. I suspect a lot of those pre-orders never actually got filled.

I have been obsessing over these since Comic Con started, i literally have been checking every few hours and as of last night there were only 3 open auctions on the 2-pack. The one for a grand plus two others around $100, which I'm sure will go much higher by the time they end.

I'm already committed since I got the Early Bird kit, so I'll have to pony up for the other one eventually. I just wonder how many were actually made.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2013, 12:48 PM »
I have to figure that had something to do with Hasbro limiting the 6" Black Series exclusive to 1 per person at SDCC.  In the past they've been open to multiples for attendees, but they seem to be cracking down on that now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2013, 03:40 PM »
I am almost positive that those completed auctions you are seeing were Pre-Orders that were listed prior to Comic Con. I tried this route and got one for $85, only to have the whole deal canceled yesterday because the guy couldn't come through on his end. I suspect a lot of those pre-orders never actually got filled.

I have been obsessing over these since Comic Con started, i literally have been checking every few hours and as of last night there were only 3 open auctions on the 2-pack. The one for a grand plus two others around $100, which I'm sure will go much higher by the time they end.

I'm already committed since I got the Early Bird kit, so I'll have to pony up for the other one eventually. I just wonder how many were actually made.

Yeah, wow - I went and looked and I think you're right.  I'm not so worried about the early bird kit or the test-shots, but I want the regular 5 figures, and I don't want to pay for more than retail.  Hopefully they're able to make enough to satisfy the demand.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2013, 09:09 PM »
RS Says:

While photographing the Hasbro display at San Diego Comic-Con this past Saturday, I overheard Derryl DePriest say to someone that the Carbonite block, which is part of the exclusive Black Series 6-Inch Boba Fett Action Figure With Han Solo In Carbonite Accessory 2-pack, would be available in another form down the road. Meaning, the extremely high prices that many collectors are spending right now to obtain one is just for the packaging. Hopefully this information will be of some use to you!

So... unless you want the packaging or have to have it now, it's probably not worth getting wrapped up in the hype and over paying.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2013, 03:37 PM »
Frustrating.  This was up for a couple minutes and was out-of-stock.  Had it taken from my cart several times.  Not really upset since this is the norm.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:38 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2013, 03:49 PM »
RS Says:

While photographing the Hasbro display at San Diego Comic-Con this past Saturday, I overheard Derryl DePriest say to someone that the Carbonite block, which is part of the exclusive Black Series 6-Inch Boba Fett Action Figure With Han Solo In Carbonite Accessory 2-pack, would be available in another form down the road. Meaning, the extremely high prices that many collectors are spending right now to obtain one is just for the packaging. Hopefully this information will be of some use to you!

So... unless you want the packaging or have to have it now, it's probably not worth getting wrapped up in the hype and over paying.

I'm guessing the "other form" will be a melting versus that could come with Boushh
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:22 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2013, 06:42 PM »
Figures, I check the site all day yesterday and today, and the one 45 minute period I'm away from a computer/phone, it goes up.  Not that I would have gotten an order in anyways, most likely.  Oh well.  Hopefully they'll be up again, you would think Hasbro would want everyone who wants one of these to get one in their hands so they don't turn off any new "line buyers" for this 6" scale.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2013, 10:50 PM »
Yeah, I wanted this set but not if the block will be available soon elsewhere. Plus it's my excuse to not dive in to the line. Hooray!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2013, 11:13 PM »
So much for these being available in larger quantities.  Jayson scored one and by his timing they sold out in about six minutes. I kind of hate SDCC.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2013, 01:31 AM »
I really thought they'd put more out since this was a line launch item, a big deal in the company in determining who they were going to use and how to make it special...  I'm kind of shocked they didn't have a substantial run of these available.  Sends a bad message.

To me, no Hasbro exclusive should be this hard to get for people who want it.

GG, I get...  Acme...  Sideshow even, though they tend not to be too hard to get if you want one.  But Hasbro mass produces trinkets and isn't a high-end company.  They make playthings.  Making playthings exclusionary to the majority who want one is kind of silly I think.  I get not wanting STUCK with a pile of 'em, but this was a little ridiculous.  At least make enough to last a day.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2013, 09:06 AM »
you would think Hasbro would want everyone who wants one of these to get one in their hands so they don't turn off any new "line buyers" for this 6" scale.

Exactly. And that is exactly what they have done with this Hard-Core Completist Collector. "Hey, your collection is incomplete before you even started! Ha Ha!"

Well, fine, congratulations, you managed to piss me off and force me out of this line before I even had a chance to get excited about it.

In fairness, I was on the fence somewhat about diving in, but they went ahead and decided that for me.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2013, 10:03 AM »
I've recently turned the corner on this one and am far less bothered about missing it than I had been.  While searching around last night I noticed that the Masterpiece Soundwave with cassettes was a TRU Exclusive to SDCC.  I love this figure and would love to have it right now!  But it's going for like $250 on Ebay and not looking to support scalping.  After some additional investigating I found that this was basically just an early release with exclusive packaging.  I'll be able to get what I want later in the year at a much lower price.

When I came to that realization, it finally sunk in that this exclusive is pretty much the same thing.  I would have loved to pay a crazy amount for the Fett and Carbohan, but this is really nothing more than a pre-sale in a fancy box.  Sounds like both figures will be offered later on, with the Fett coming right around the corner.  Honestly, for a significant reduction in price and a thousand times less stress, I am at peace with just being patient.  If these exclusives were figures/characters I couldn't get elsewhere, I'd stay on the warpath, but I'm really okay with just waiting a bit longer for different packaging. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today