Collectibles > The Black Series 6" Figures

2013 SDCC Exclusive 6" Fett w/Carbonite Block

<< < (26/27) > >>

Rob:
If anything does this line in, it'll be the price point, not the lack of availability of Fett - who will be available later. 

If they crank these out too fast, it'll be even more cost prohibitive.  And they take up twice as much space.

JesseVader08:

--- Quote from: JediJman on July 25, 2013, 10:03 AM ---Sounds like both figures will be offered later on, with the Fett coming right around the corner.  Honestly, for a significant reduction in price and a thousand times less stress, I am at peace with just being patient.

--- End quote ---
This is the approach I'm trying to take.  I know Fett is coming in a few months and I just can't get that excited about the Han in carbonite.  Of course, I'm primarily a loose collector these days, so the packaging doesn't concern me much.

Though I certainly have to agree with others that making it difficult to get the very first figure released in a new line is an odd way to get collectors excited about collecting it.

McMetal:
I bit and picked up one off eBay for $125. I can rationalize it any number of silly ways but what's the point? I wanted it and I got it, no time for remorse.

At least now I can be happy with a complete collection. I wonder if there will be any minor tweaks between this and the Wave 2 Boba...guessing not.

Force Guy:
I think it might be a mistaken notion to believe that when Fett is released at retail that he'll be readily available.  I think he'll be impossible to find & everyone & their grandma will be hunting him down.  The frenzy for Fett will continue to be at an all-time high.   

Dressel Rebel:

--- Quote from: McMetal on August 15, 2013, 10:46 PM ---I bit and picked up one off eBay for $125. I can rationalize it any number of silly ways but what's the point? I wanted it and I got it, no time for remorse.

At least now I can be happy with a complete collection. I wonder if there will be any minor tweaks between this and the Wave 2 Boba...guessing not.

--- End quote ---

Dude there's nothing wrong with that. I wanted the Star Wars and 2 Marvel exclusives at SDCC this year. I happened to be flying NY to SD for work right after the comic con. I figured I'd leave 4-5 days early and go to SDCC also. But when you factor in hotels, rental car, admission, and the crowds and hassle, it's a hell of a lot more expensive, annoying and time consuming.

The $75 extra you spent was a pittance for the relaxed convenience of having it shipped to your door.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version