Author Topic: 2013 SDCC Exclusive 6" Fett w/Carbonite Block  (Read 45840 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 SDCC Exclusive 6" Fett w/Carbonite Block
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2013, 11:01 AM »
you would think Hasbro would want everyone who wants one of these to get one in their hands so they don't turn off any new "line buyers" for this 6" scale.
My thoughts exactly.  Knowing up front that there is a potential hole in a collection may turn off the very people this is targeted towards.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2013, 01:01 PM »
The only problem is the carbohan may or may not be exactly the same.  Melty deco won't cut it for most.  I know I'd want that floaty cold one to pose with Boba walking it.  We shall see.  I hope for those who want it, it's a straight re release of both in different packages.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2013, 01:36 PM »
Is a "figure" of CarboHan really worth $20 though?  And isn't this too big to be an accessory?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2013, 03:04 PM »
I think if they did a Carbo Han alone, cold flavor, he'd be with thawed Han as his accessory.  Thawing deco with Boussh like Jayson's thinking they're gonna do.  I agree, he's really an accessory, not a figure, but he basically racked up $20 in the Boba Fett set, so I'd not expect other sets to be much less.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2013, 06:48 PM »
I feel bad for you guys who wanted to embrace this line and now you're left with a hole in your collection.

I'll just echo what everyone else said - this is the FIRST item in a NEW line that Hasbro wants collectors to dive into. Kinda hard getting a lot of collectors to do so if they couldn't get the first item.

Since I'm in the camp that believes the 6" collector line will eventually mean the death of the 3.75" collector line, I'm REALLY glad that this happened and I hope it bites Hasbro in the ass SO BAD that they don't even make it to wave 3 with this line - that's what they (Hasbro) deserve.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2013, 08:59 PM »
If anything does this line in, it'll be the price point, not the lack of availability of Fett - who will be available later. 

If they crank these out too fast, it'll be even more cost prohibitive.  And they take up twice as much space.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2013, 07:41 PM »
Sounds like both figures will be offered later on, with the Fett coming right around the corner.  Honestly, for a significant reduction in price and a thousand times less stress, I am at peace with just being patient.
This is the approach I'm trying to take.  I know Fett is coming in a few months and I just can't get that excited about the Han in carbonite.  Of course, I'm primarily a loose collector these days, so the packaging doesn't concern me much.

Though I certainly have to agree with others that making it difficult to get the very first figure released in a new line is an odd way to get collectors excited about collecting it.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2013, 10:46 PM »
I bit and picked up one off eBay for $125. I can rationalize it any number of silly ways but what's the point? I wanted it and I got it, no time for remorse.

At least now I can be happy with a complete collection. I wonder if there will be any minor tweaks between this and the Wave 2 Boba...guessing not.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2013, 01:22 AM »
I think it might be a mistaken notion to believe that when Fett is released at retail that he'll be readily available.  I think he'll be impossible to find & everyone & their grandma will be hunting him down.  The frenzy for Fett will continue to be at an all-time high.   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2013, 06:06 AM »
I bit and picked up one off eBay for $125. I can rationalize it any number of silly ways but what's the point? I wanted it and I got it, no time for remorse.

At least now I can be happy with a complete collection. I wonder if there will be any minor tweaks between this and the Wave 2 Boba...guessing not.

Dude there's nothing wrong with that. I wanted the Star Wars and 2 Marvel exclusives at SDCC this year. I happened to be flying NY to SD for work right after the comic con. I figured I'd leave 4-5 days early and go to SDCC also. But when you factor in hotels, rental car, admission, and the crowds and hassle, it's a hell of a lot more expensive, annoying and time consuming.

The $75 extra you spent was a pittance for the relaxed convenience of having it shipped to your door.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2013, 11:44 AM »
Finally saw some of the new TBS figs at target, mostly the 3.75" figs but they had ONE 6" R2 on the shelf, after reading the reviews for several figs, they only ones I'd get are of course Boba Fett, but I dig the Sandtrooper - why they made that one vs the clean Stormtrooper first I don't know. But those are the only two I'd pay $20 for until they put out a Vader and clean Stormtrooper.
But it was cool to finally see something NEW on the shelves after such a long time.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2013, 08:59 PM »
Man, this set arrived today from China, of all places. It's freaking awesome. The packaging is so nice in fact I am very tempted to leave this as is and just pick up the single boxed figure to display. The Block is pretty rad, and Boba came out really well too. The only thing I think could have been improved were the wookie scalps. Seems like it was hard to render those in any sort of detail.

It's a beautifully done set, just sucks about the price, hassle, etc of tracking one down.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2014, 11:02 AM »
Looks like BBTS picked up some overseas stock and has this set up for preorder - just $79.99 plus shipping.  Limit 2 per person while supplies last.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2014, 04:05 PM »
That's a good deal, I hope I can get a Jabba that cheap one day.