Author Topic: 2013 Saga Legends Basic Figures (Vader Cardback)  (Read 58189 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Saga Legends Basic Figures - Vader Cardback
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2013, 01:36 AM »
Wait wait wait.  Sorry, but I find it hilarious that the review basically makes the figutes sound like the worst collectible ever, but then Pete still buys a full case of figures.  Hiw is that not drinking the koolaid? 

I found these at Target today and actually like them.  Two figures for $10 and great paint jobs.  They remind me enough of old skule vintage to keep me interested for now.  I do agree on the crummy packaging though.  I'll just be getting one set to open.

Yeah - I guess it is. For me, it's just that they haven't YET pushed me to the point of abandoning what is now 18 years of getting one of every figure to keep MOC and one of every figure to open.

They're getting pretty darn close with this 5POA junk though...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2013, 09:26 AM »
Wait wait wait.  Sorry, but I find it hilarious that the review basically makes the figutes sound like the worst collectible ever, but then Pete still buys a full case of figures.  Hiw is that not drinking the koolaid? 

I recognize the irony, but you have to separate the review from the collector OCD. No matter how bad they made a Clone Wars figure, I would have bought it because I am a Big "C" Completist. I think Pete is the same way. He's committed, but he's not kidding himself about the quality of these things either. I respect that.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2013, 02:12 PM »
My point is that if you truly don't like the product, but you buy it anyway then you basically blindly following whatever Hasbro dishes out no matter how crappy it is.  In that sense you are absolutely drinking the koolaid.  If these things rot at retail, they'll go away.  If they get purchased, then we'll see the line survive longer.  Hasbro cares about whether you BUY the product, not whether you LIKE the product.  If people are just going to buyanything they put out, then they'll just continue to push out the lowest cost/highest profit lines.

Obviously people can buy whatever they want.  I've got my own OCD issues with Star Wars completism, but if I ever catch myself buying lines of stuff that I really don't like then that's the day I need to check into rehab. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2013, 09:11 PM »
Well, if it's any consolation, I saw these today at Target for the first time and I was happy to leave them there for the next guy. The only one I was curious about was the Shock Trooper but it did not impress.

Still no signs of them putting TVC on clearance, those are gonna be some crowded pegs in a few more weeks.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2013, 10:05 PM »
I found these at Target this evening and picked up the Clone Trooper and Super Battle Droid. I haven't opened them yet, but at the very least they look good. If I like them I'll definitely pick up more, but once they hit sales/markdowns.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2013, 12:42 AM »
I spotted these at Target this morning too and decided I'd get my hypocrisy out of the way early and snag some. I ended up getting R4-P17 and the Super Battle Droid. I haven't had a chance to open them yet but I was impressed enough with the Super Battle Droid that I figured he could be thrown in with the army. R4 I snagged due to a series of positive tweets from Jesse James and the fact that I am the one person on Earth who never saw the final wave of ROTS figures back in 05.

I can already tell R4 is kind of a rip off though. I'm pretty sure almost all Astromechs from POTF2 to POTJ had removable third legs along with their limited articulation.

The main characters look awful though. I noticed that Mace Windu had those awful eyes we've been getting lately with the giant blobs of paint. The Clone looked alright but kind of "fat" compared to the SA Clones due to the lack of ball joints.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2013, 05:09 PM »
Only R2 that didn't that I recall is R2 with attachment tools from FF line...  Then there's the "rolling" one and the light/sound one that have attached legs.  I think a 3rd leg like the POTF2 figure COULD have been done...  I'll deal without.

R2-B1 (I think that's its number) from E1 didn't have a 3rd leg either.

Most have always had though.  Hell they even made a plug-in one in the droid factory playset.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2013, 05:19 PM »
POTF R2's middle leg retracted, not removable, a few more were like that, too.

The terrible droid factory rescue R2-D2 didn't have  a third leg or even movable legs. I think its feet were movable, though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2013, 05:24 PM »
Oh yeah but that was cuz of the line in him...  he had some lame action feature.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2013, 08:38 PM »
Oh yeah but that was cuz of the line in him...  he had some lame action feature.

The pop out leg jets, actually. He did have the line, but that wouldn't affect the legs.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2013, 08:52 PM »
He had 3 legs and they were "adjustable" - outer leg ankles moved, middle leg dropped down to conceal the jets (once the flame were removed).
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2013, 09:10 PM »
You've won this round.  ;)

Next Saga Legends wave isn't until February 2014. I figured being kid-aimed, like the old Legends series, they'd be slooow to refresh the assortments.

I will say the Stormtrooper almost looks appealing. But, heck, I still find the POTF stormtrooper enjoyable on some level, and I thought it was kinda lame back in 1995.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2013, 09:14 PM »
How many ****** flying R2's did we get?  Seems like a lot.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2013, 09:18 PM »
I actually enjoy these quite a bit. The OT figures coming soon look great. Perfect updated vintage figures. That's where my wheelhouse is now and I would love more. Jedi Luke is great.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2013, 02:20 PM »
An open message to the Star Wars collecting community website owners...

Can you please stop reporting how "amazing" or "excellent" the new 5POAS sculpts are? It's making you look stupid.

Thanks.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!