Author Topic: 2013 Saga Legends Basic Figures (Vader Cardback)  (Read 58512 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2013 Saga Legends Basic Figures - Vader Cardback
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2014, 04:43 PM »
The Snowtrooper looks amazing and I plan to buy a few of him. Maul even looks pretty good.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2014, 04:44 PM »
I've seen the Saga Legends Boba Fett along with Cody and Rex at retail.  But no Lukes yet.

The new crop of Saga Legends really do LOOK good.  The sculpts are pretty awesome.  That Snowtrooper particularly.  And truthfully, I can see how these figures might appeal to a particular niche of army builder.  Why?  There seem to be some army builders who want to build action scenes, and that's where super articulated figures are great, because you can pose them any which way you'd like. 

But I see SO MANY army builders who are doing a massive display of what are essentially troops on review.  Like the scene from ROTJ where the Emporer arrives at the Death Star.  That particular scene seems to have inspired many an army builder in their display work.  The 5 POA Saga Legends Imperial figures seem almost perfectly suited to this kind of display.  They're neutrally posed at attention.  And they're more economically priced for buying in bulk.  Especially when you look at the pricing of a figure like the current TBS Scout Trooper at $9.99 a piece.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2014, 04:56 PM »
Thanks Nick, I was wondering if it was too early... I've seen the Stormtrooper twice too. 

I'm in that group that just lines everything up.  No action sequences for me, the more neutral the better.  I'm not really looking to buy extra troops anymore, but the completely neutral poses of the Legends stuff doesn't bother me if the sculpts are good.  I still hope that they keep doing the articulated figures at the higher price point, because they're just better toys overall, to me at least.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2014, 10:23 AM »
Another question about the Luke...  I saw these two images in the Hasbro presentation slides:

Is that a variation?  One Legends and one from a Mission Series that I don't know about?  Did one replace the other?

What am I looking at here?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2014, 10:27 AM »
The one on the left is the SL figure, the one on the right is the 12" Shampoo bottle "Hero" figure. Neither are out yet.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 10:28 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2014, 10:44 AM »
Ha. Okay.  Thanks.

With them being so similar in articulation and without anything for scale I had no idea they were even different sizes.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2014, 11:34 AM »
With them being so similar in articulation and without anything for scale I had no idea they were even different sizes.

That's NOT what she said.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: March 2, 2014, 04:06 PM »
Anyone have a comparison shot of the stormtroopers blaster to the one we have been getting for years now?  Saw the figure at a friends but would love to see a side by side comparison of them.  Pretty sure the Legends gun is new and better.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 2, 2014, 04:43 PM »
Anyone have a comparison shot of the stormtroopers blaster to the one we have been getting for years now?  Saw the figure at a friends but would love to see a side by side comparison of them.  Pretty sure the Legends gun is new and better.

I can snap a pic tonight Jesse. I noticed that the new blaster is slightly larger but I am not sure if it is more detailed.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: March 2, 2014, 07:23 PM »
Thought I saw a trigger and a pice on the back cylinder that looked better.  I'm definitely curious now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 6, 2014, 11:28 AM »
Better late than never? Sorry about the delay, and for the photo quality! Here is a comparison pic with the normal and Legends Stormtrooper Blasters:

Also a pic of a normal Stormtrooper with the Legends gun:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: March 6, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Wow that's significant.  More than I thought.

Probably would work even less in the existing stormie holsters than the current blaster does (it's passable, for me), but yeah, that's a nicer sculpt.  More crisp, has a trigger (no guard still, goofy as that is), and it's a slightly better scale ultimately.  I'm fine with the one we have, but I'd love to see more of that one.

Since I got so many K-Mart sets I have so many of the fold-up stock one that I'm pretty well set on those for my life.  :-X

This one looks the best I think.  Would love to see it surface more.  I always love when Hasbro makes new, better guns.  Like the new one TVC Bespin Luke has...  Love better scale, detail, and quality, when they can.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 8, 2014, 09:34 AM »
I found and picked up the Stormtrooper, the first of these 5 poa figures I've purchased. It is amazing how this helmet just looks right.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2014, 12:57 PM »
Who's found Fett so far?

He's available on Amazon for $14, but I haven't seen him anywhere.  I'm wondering if it's worth it to just pay double what he'd cost in the store to be done with it...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2014, 01:58 PM »
I've seen several of times. Don't pay that - I could pick one up for you if you want on my next sighting.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird