Author Topic: Saga Legends "Mission Series" Figure 2-Packs  (Read 67273 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Saga Legends "Mission Series" Figure 2-Packs
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Wow on the Interceptor. That's just... wow. Those were crazy days. I waited on all the 2 pack figures for that reason, especially Maul. The Stormtrooper I went ahead and snagged at $6 since he'll be the one we're all looking for.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2013, 08:05 PM »
Mauls the only one I want but not at $10.  He'll I'd have debated paying $5...  That potj interceptor is funny given how obsolete it is to most now.  I know I have many regretful purchases and I never pay more than retail. :x

I still break out my commtech reader.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 1, 2013, 11:49 AM »
I don't mind waiting either, but it does seem pretty lame they cannot get these on shelves before Christmas. How many months has Wave 1 been out already?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2013, 07:24 PM »
Picked up the Vader/Star Tours droid mission pack from Amazon for $2.88. Even at that price I won't pick up the others. All I wanted was the Star Tours droid.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2013, 08:49 PM »
Yeah unless there's something I don't have better of already these are still junk to me tho that droid is ok for that low a price.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 6, 2014, 09:38 PM »
Saw all of the 2nd wave of Mission Series 2-packs today.  I thought that some of the sculpts and paint apps in the first wave looked pretty good.  But these didn't seem that great.  Even the Darth Maul, which I had been kind of looking forward to, was kind of a disappointment.  The paint apps on this second wave just did not impress me in the least.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 6, 2014, 10:10 PM »
Where did you see them?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 6, 2014, 10:47 PM »
A mom & pop store near me.  They have a Hasbro direct account, and on occasion they get some new product on the early side.  As cool as it is to see some new stock, it was thoroughly unimpressive.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2014, 08:55 PM »
Found the second wave of the 2 packs at Wal-Mart today, and picked up the droids and Han/Chewie.  These are the first of the newer 5 POA figures I've grabbed.  Overall, not too bad I guess for the price.  It is tough to say really, since we've been spoiled over the past 5-10 years with some pretty nicely done figures.  It felt nice paying $9.96 for two figures though.  If these had come out in the early POTF2 days, instead of the He-Man figures, I'm sure they would have seemed pretty great.  Now, they're "ok for the price" I guess.  I do appreciate the simplicity, and I will say that all four of them stood instantly out of the package without any problems - which is nice too.  I think a little more in the way of paint apps could have improved them some as well (particularly on Chewie).

I'm sure it is more cost effective because of fewer parts, but I wonder how much different it would be if they just re-used old figures that have been around (and re-used) like the VOTC Han and Chewie and stuck them in a two pack.  I suppose the number of parts would make that more expensive for Hasbro.  I think I'll keep picking up the OT ones though.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2014, 10:50 PM »
I think Hasbro said at some point that it is cheaper tooling up and producing new 5POA figures than putting older, super-articulated figures back into production.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2014, 11:31 AM »
Well, Hell has officially frozen over, like everything else here. I found a fresh case of Wave 2 Mission Series 2-packs at Target this morning! And if that wasn't crazy enough, they had a 6" Boba Fett on the pegs too! I almost felt disoriented it had been so long since I saw a new Star Wars toy on a peg. That old familiar feeling soon came rushing back though, nothing beats the excitement of finding stuff in a store, at least for me.

They had 4 of the Maul 2-packs and I had to inspect them all very closely...I had heard about the sketchy paint apps but I had to see them close up to really grasp how sloppy they are. The most glaring issues are Maul's horns and a lot of errant black paint splashes around the torso arms and upper legs. Only 1 out of the 4 really looked decent enough to keep, I grabbed the second best for an opener and counted myself lucky to have had a choice.

Now I just need that Saga Legends Rex and I am good to go unless they announce something else of note for this year.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Good find. Hopefully that bodes well for around here.  What did everyone think of the pics of Obi/Grievous and Bespin Luke/Vader? I thought Grievous was a yawner, but Luke is great. Too bad we have to pay $10 for him, since Vader is a straight repack. Both him and Grievous are figures that could serve as single releases, so I'm not sure why they're pairing them with repacks, and it stings to still being paying $10 a figure when the point of this line was not to do that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2014, 06:29 PM »
I'm confused, I thought these were 2-packs, so isn't it $5/figure?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2014, 06:55 PM »
Unless you already own it, in which both of these cases you do (Grievous is paired with the SL Obi Wan and Luke with the MS Vader).

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Found two cases of the new wave at Wally last night. Paint apps are definitely hit and miss so it was nice to have lots to choose from. I like these sets a lot, especially 3-PO/R2.