Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

Star Wars Movie Spin-Offs?

<< < (3/11) > >>

Force Guy:
Personally, I think it's a terrible idea.  But hey, in the grand scheme of things, individual character spinoff films can't bastardize the original trilogy any worse than the prequels or animated Clone Wars series already did, right?  Leia's Adventures on Alderaan, coming to a theater near you.

Diddly:
Spin-off movies? Meh... Just thinking about it makes me shudder... imagine a Luke Skywalker movie set in his teens (like they wanted to do in the live action movie) starring Justin Bieber as Young Luke. :-X I'd maybe see a movie based on bounty hunters but otherwise big pass.

Now, direct to DVD animated movies ala what they do with the DC Universe? I've said they should do this for years, and I'd be all over it. How cool would animated versions of the Thrawn Trilogy or Shadows of the Empire be, as long as they're done using the same standards DC has?

I Am Sith:
I think a bounty hunters movie could be great if they don't take it too seriously.  I could see this being something where Jabba puts out a bounty on someone and all the bounty hunters are competing against each other to see who can get him/her.  They would not only have to worry about finding who they are looking for, but also worrying about who's going to pop up next to sabotage them.  They could also set it before ANH so Greedo could be back!

DSJ™:
New Star Wars Stand-Alone Films to Follow Boba Fett and Young Han Solo

Jeff:
From the EW story:

--- Quote ---The Han Solo story would take place in the time period between Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars (now known as A New Hope), so although it’s possible Harrison Ford could appear as a framing device, the movie would require a new actor for the lead — one presumably much younger than even the 35-year-old Ford when he appeared in the 1977 original.

The Boba Fett film would take place either between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between Empire and Jedi, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit. Exactly who would play him isn’t much of a complication – in the original trilogy, he never took off his helmet. And in the prequels, we learned he was the son of the original stormtrooper clone, played by Temuera Morrison, who’s still the right age for the part if his services were required.
--- End quote ---

My Han Solo focus collection just groaned at the idea of having to collect an entire movie line worth of Han Solo figures - fast blasting Han Solo, Tech Armor Han Solo, Battle Damage Han Solo, Freeze Armor Han Solo, etc.   :-X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version