Author Topic: Amazon Vintage TIE Interceptor  (Read 25365 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Amazon Vintage TIE Interceptor
« Reply #30 on: July 2, 2013, 10:49 PM »
That's the 181st red striped elite one?  I guess I didn't realize that had the updated interior with the control yoke...    I have that, somewhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #31 on: July 2, 2013, 11:38 PM »
That's the 181st red striped elite one?  I guess I didn't realize that had the updated interior with the control yoke...    I have that, somewhere.

No, the 181st Elite TIE was the TAC version. I was referring to this one.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 3, 2013, 01:20 PM »
Has anyone had a chance to examine one of these closely to see if there are any significant differences between this (other than the box) and previous releases?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: July 3, 2013, 02:04 PM »
The deco's a lot less blue than the others if it holds up to what was shown, though the 181st TIE Int. is sorta more grey as well IIRC, but has a red stripe on it.

The cockpit is the new cockpit design which the regular Interceptor has the old one.

Otherwise the wings aren't bigger or anything, not that they needed to be...  It's basically a regular movie TIE (depending on how much you care about its color) but with the new/improved cockpit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: July 8, 2013, 12:51 PM »
I think I'm going to wait on this one as well. If it turns out to be just the 2009 Legacy Collection TIE Interceptor in a new Vintage Collection box as most folks here are speculating, then I'll pass. 

I really don't need more Interceptors at this point, unless they've made new modifications to the ejector seat cockpit that the 2009 version used. If it's new, I'll probably get suckered into buying one eventually.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 8, 2013, 02:36 PM »
Finally pulled the trigger and preordered this one. I am currently Interceptor-less, so it wasn't too hard to justify (to myself).

Still holding up on pushing the big red button on Slave One, though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: July 8, 2013, 02:58 PM »
I'm holding off too...  I'm sure I have that 2009 one somewhere.  Totally brainfarted on that one.  I'm gonna look and see, but sure I have it, and if I do, yeah, the price (for now) will deter me.  Knew I had the 181st one...  Know I have some POTJ ones.  Almost sure I have that one too.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 8, 2013, 09:07 PM »
I've never owned an Interceptor so I'll pick this up at some point, but yeah, I'm waiting too. Amazon regularly discounts stuff by $5-10 (see LEGO), so I'll wait until it hits the $40-ish range. No sense in paying premium prices for a nostalgia box.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 9, 2013, 09:43 AM »
Wasn't this $50 at TRU as well when it first came out? (This updated cockpit version.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 9, 2013, 02:10 PM »
Wasn't this $50 at TRU as well when it first came out? (This updated cockpit version.)

That version had a pilot included.  Since all figures with more than 5 joints are magically $10, that means this release is $10 higher.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2013, 05:33 PM »
My 2 Interceptors just came to my door. Both were in white mailer boxes, packed in one bigger box. Both pretty pristine. Love this ship. Now if the can only do a non-shadows regular TIE version.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 08:56 AM »
Mine arrived on Friday and were both packed in a bigger box, but were not in their protective white mailer boxes.

Thankfully, one of them arrived in nice shape while the other had some minor damage.

Kinda disappointed that mine didn't arrive in the white mailer boxes. I don't understand - they JUST went through this with the Slave I, why are similar mistakes being made again with this item? If Hasbro ships you the things in white protective cardboard boxes, ship them on to the customer that way.

It's not rocket science. Honestly.

I have VERY LITTLE hope of getting a set of the Droid Factory figures in MOC condition.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2013, 10:19 AM »
It's very sharp with the grey color but can't say I have a particular preference for either the grey or blue. But, once again, the grey doesn't match any of the grey ones that came before.

It's just such an awesome ship!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2013, 02:57 PM »
Only prob with grey is that its technically eu since rotj ties are all a blue-grey color...  I'd like that in the new sculpt.  The potj one is accurate in that regard.  That said I consider the light grey just earlier paint...  Some theories have cropped up for in universe explanations and I found them plausible for a sci go universe.  There are some lighter grey ones in established EU too like games and comics so I still plan picking one up if they hit steep discounts.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2013, 09:25 AM »
Really? The POTJ one is accurate color-wise? Seems a bit muted to me.

BTW, I think I'm going to get rid of two of my POTJ TIE Ints since the mold doesn't seem to quite fit in any more. It'll cut down my Interceptor fleet from 11 to 9.