Author Topic: Amazon Vintage TIE Interceptor  (Read 25368 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Amazon Vintage TIE Interceptor
« on: February 9, 2013, 04:58 PM »
I haven't seen pics yet, but thought I'd start up a thread so we have one when pics surface... 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Amazon Vintage TIE Interceptor
« Reply #1 on: February 9, 2013, 06:48 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2013, 06:51 PM »
Wow, looks great! I'm glad the updated the paint apps. I greatly prefer the gray to blue.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2013, 07:45 PM »
I'm probably in on this.

I prefer blue for true ROTJ coloring but in EU they're grey in earlier models so I'm fine with that over the blue-grey.  To me both display as just different timeline Interceptors.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2013, 07:52 PM »
I'll be getting this. Never actually owned an Interceptor and I missed out on the big wing TIEs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 9, 2013, 08:34 PM »
Nice to see Amazon getting some exclusives.  With the distribution fiasco at brick & mortar retail last year, Amazon proved to be one of the more reliable retail avenues for figures. 

I hope this TIE Interceptor has the new style cockpit and ejector seat.  But with Hasbro only showing mainline offerings and not exclusives, I guess that's the only image we've got to go on.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 9, 2013, 10:02 PM »
Amazon jumping in is huge...  shows a major change in Hasbro, but also just a major change in the retail landscape at large...  Totally new, should make tracking them down easier, and probably shipped for free.  Plus sponsorship dollars.

Don't forget to use our Amazon tracking link on the front page. :)  It helps us out with running the site.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 9, 2013, 10:44 PM »
My only concern with Amazon having these exclusives is how am I gonna get my MIB/MIP ones?

It's hard enough when you gotta track it down at a store, but Amazon isn't known for being a place you can shop from and be guaranteed MIP when it arrives.

I'll just order two of each and hope for the best I guess....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 9, 2013, 10:46 PM »
My only concern with Amazon having these exclusives is how am I gonna get my MIB/MIP ones?

Hasbro has heard the complaints and have talked with Amazon about how they package figures.  They are concerned as we are that their product makes it to the customers hands in good condition.  Whether Amazon listens is another thing.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 9, 2013, 10:49 PM »
Hasbro has heard the complaints and have talked with Amazon about how they package figures.  They are concerned as we are that their product makes it to the customers hands in good condition.  Whether Amazon listens is another thing.

If I could waive free shipping in exchange for having someone carefully package my items with protection to ensure they arrive in as pristine condition as possible, I'd gladly do it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Totally awesome. At least I have a few somethings to look forward to.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 10:16 AM »

If I could waive free shipping in exchange for having someone carefully package my items with protection to ensure they arrive in as pristine condition as possible, I'd gladly do it.

I definitely understand the concerns.  But this is an issue with a number of online retailers, isn't it?  If it isn't Amazon, it's Hasbro Toy Shop, Target, WalMart, TRU.com, etc.  The only online stores that you can count on for good packing are small businesses that deal almost exclusively with collectors like EE, BBTS or Brians Toys.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 10:31 AM »
I definitely understand the concerns.  But this is an issue with a number of online retailers, isn't it?  If it isn't Amazon, it's Hasbro Toy Shop, Target, WalMart, TRU.com, etc.  The only online stores that you can count on for good packing are small businesses that deal almost exclusively with collectors like EE, BBTS or Brians Toys.

Not really because with Target, WalMart and TRU I can also find their exclusives in stores, so I may not find the quantities I need, but I typically find my MIB one at the physical store and then supplement with online purchases my opener set.

Hasbro Toy Shop did make an effort in the last two years to try to ensure that the SDCC exclusives arrived in great shape. My Carbon Freeze chamber set was extremely well packaged.

And just recently, when I ordered Class I vehicles from TRU.com, they arrived well packaged and all in good shape.

The one place where NOTHING ever comes in good shape? Amazon.

Up until now, all I have ordered from them is stuff I'm going to open, so it's no big deal. With the Slave I and TIE Interceptor, I'm going to want one of each MIB so it is a big deal, hence my concern.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:32 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 11:08 AM »
I will have to buy this.  And use the link here of course  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 11:48 AM »
I might pick this up as well.  I have one of the earlier versions, but it would be nice to have another and that box sure looks nice too.