Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Toy R Us Vintage Republic Gunship

<< < (8/10) > >>

Greg:

--- Quote from: Jayson on September 25, 2013, 11:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Scockery on September 25, 2013, 10:48 AM ---Greeeed. Not sure why they included the figures except that this was meant to tie into 3D movie releases that didn't happen.

If only they'd updated the ship itself, but vehicle tooling now goes towards kiddie rides.

--- End quote ---

There is an updated version, this one isn't it though.

--- End quote ---

Are you referring to the 2009 release? That was just new doors and extra missile launchers on the engines; more of a parts upgrade than an upgrade of the whole ship. On the one hand I would LOVE to see an upgraded upscaled Gunship, but on the other I would hate to see the existing sculpt (still an excellent toy) made obsolete.

I am actually looking forward to getting this TRU release. It's definitely overpriced though, so I will be waiting for some sales or coupons to come around. The paint apps look nice (as shown at SDCC), and it will be cool to get the ship with turrets in one package.

Also, does anyone know for sure what figure sculpts are included? I believe they were current Saga Legends sculpts back at Toy Fair, then Saga 2002 at SDCC. I am personally hoping for the 5POA SL sculpts.

SnTrooper:
It will be the Saga sculpts. The SL style pilot was just the Black Series pilot's helmet photoshopped onto the SL Clone Trooper.

Jayson:
JTA has the lowdown on the pack-ins. A series of sculpts truly worthy of a vintage release.

Scockery:

--- Quote from: Jayson on September 25, 2013, 11:15 PM ---JTA has the lowdown on the pack-ins. A series of sculpts truly worthy of a vintage release.

--- End quote ---

That's a like a joke someone would make. "They'll include 2002 Saga figures."

And the joke's on us!

JesseVader08:

--- Quote from: Jayson on September 25, 2013, 01:54 AM ---In case folks didn't hear. This has hit stores this week for $119.99

--- End quote ---

They are $169.99 in Canada, so I certainly won't be buying one, even at 50% off.

Actually, they're on sale for $127, what a deal.  Grab 'em while you can, fellow Canucks.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version