Author Topic: Kmart Imperial Scanning Crew 2-Pack  (Read 46299 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Kmart Imperial Scanning Crew 2-Pack
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2013, 11:01 PM »
I'm all for them never using this packaging again. Not seeing the figures you are buying is too frustrating.

Here's why. I buy the sets. One tech has sloppy messed up shoulder insignia. I have lots of the old tech, I can live with that. Black uniformed officer has a messed up looking right shoulder joint...flash and a rough surface. This irritates me a lot, more than sloppy paint (which does irritate me...I've passed up figures I never saw again because noticabley sloppy paint on a $10 figure is not acceptable).

So I buy that set again,  cuz quality errors happen right? This time the officer has a similar left shoulder joint, flash and rough texture. I give up. Maybe if these make it to clearance I'll get a decent copy of the figure.  Maybe I should box both of them up and exchange them and when they ask say "I JUST HAVE COLLECTOR OCD."  :(

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2013, 08:31 AM »
I have also experienced quite a few quality issues with the Scanning Crew figures, but none of the plastic flashing that you described. Most of my problems are paint related. I got quite a few technicians with black paint from the hat running down onto parts of the face and hair. Another significant issue I had, which affected fewer figures, was paint chipping on the hat. The officers and Stormies had some issues as well (sloppy face paint on the Stormies, sloppy hands on officers) but those flaws weren't as significant as the technicians.

The quality is really a shame too, since last year's sets as well as the Ewok Catapult seem to have had minimal issues all around. Hopefully Hasbro can either step up the quality or change to window packaging for any future releases.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2013, 09:34 AM »
I feel terrible for you guys who have managed to find kick ass troop builder 2-packs for $11 only to discover a slight paint blemish.  Must be rough.  These things are half the price of "real" TBS figures - why don't you just buy two sets to ensure you get a solid paint job and call it a day?  You should be thankful you found these at all considering many of us have never even seen them at retail.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2013, 04:54 PM »
I feel terrible for you guys who have managed to find kick ass troop builder 2-packs for $11 only to discover a slight paint blemish.  Must be rough.  These things are half the price of "real" TBS figures - why don't you just buy two sets to ensure you get a solid paint job and call it a day?  You should be thankful you found these at all considering many of us have never even seen them at retail.

I really appreciate the sympathy. Action figure paint flaws are a tragic issue.  :P

In all seriousness, I probably wouldn't be complaining about sloppy paint if quality issues weren't so prevalent in the Star Wars line this year. I expect the occasional stray mark or sloppy eye, it comes with the territory of mass-produced items. I get annoyed when eyes are painted on foreheads, flesh colored plastic shows on black hats, and white plastic has bits of red/pink dye mixed in. Even bargain-priced toys seem like crap when they look like Tunghori's factory rejects.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2013, 02:02 PM »
I feel terrible for you guys who have managed to find kick ass troop builder 2-packs for $11 only to discover a slight paint blemish.  Must be rough.  These things are half the price of "real" TBS figures - why don't you just buy two sets to ensure you get a solid paint job and call it a day?

I DID BUY TWO SETS. READ THE ******* POST, *******.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2013, 02:21 PM »
Wow.  Calm down.  Since you seem to have missed the point, I was calling attention to the fact that lots of us couldn't even find these in stores.  If you don't like the paint aps, then return or exchange them, but maybe think twice about whining about it when others don't even have that option.  And part of why these are so cheap is the packaging.  You can get more figures for your dough out of the two packs than with TBS, so buy extra or swap for another set if you're worried about the paint being a smidge off. Or at least spend your extra cash on a 6pack to help settle your nerves, cranky.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2013, 11:13 AM »
Found a ton of these today at my KMart in Iowa, so hopefully they're getting out to everyone else. I just bought one of the Scanning Crew sets for now, but happy with what you get even at regular price.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: December 3, 2013, 08:31 PM »
I've managed quite a lil army of guys who don't do much. :P  Good stuff all lined up and looking like stuff needs fixed.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2013, 08:32 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #128 on: December 6, 2013, 01:31 AM »
I picked these up today and really like them!  The blasters for TK-421 and the Imp Officer are interesting too!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2013, 07:43 PM »
Yeah the folding-stock blaster is weirdly cool, but at this stage I don't need more of it, haha.  It won't fit in holsters, it's difficult to put a figure's trigger finger into it, and while a cool novelty, it's not something I need a buttload of.

The sets, by the way, are on sale this week...

The Scanner ones are like $1.60 off, and the Ewok set looked like it was $5 or so off, which is great, but it's not selling nearly as well (available online if you want it though!) as the others.

The Scanner sets have backed up here at this point...  Not tremendously, but they're backed up for sure with the bottom piece/officer being the most numerous (big shock).  The box goes pretty quick still here despite the volume of these things that hit.  I have stores that go no less than TEN cases of these things in (4 each per case) and have blown through most till the last case(s).  They were getting 2 cases at a time right up till the sale price ended.

Kinda neat seeing these seemingly outsell last year's sets, which were awesome, by what appears to be a good margin.  Last year's sets backed up after the initial couple cases...  This year's seemed to only back up after a long, long time.

I consider the Scanner sets (and the Ewok catapult too) to be the single best collector item of 2013...  It's great army builders, great fodder, and that box is sweet with detail.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31 AM »

Kinda neat seeing these seemingly outsell last year's sets, which were awesome, by what appears to be a good margin.  Last year's sets backed up after the initial couple cases...  This year's seemed to only back up after a long, long time.

It's weird to hear different experiences. Last year's sets for me were very scarce which is why I was panicing this year. However, this year i'm seeing them stocked every other day.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2013, 01:56 AM »
Mine were getting stocked like that too, for a while, but they've slowed down now...  they were selling through though till this last stock, now they're hitting a slower pace for sure and the bottom is sitting.

Last year's sets, I saw those on clearance...  TONS of the Ewok set and some of the AT-ST Pilots too even.  I cleaned up on those.  I wish I'd bought a couple Ewok sets on clearance looking back now.  This year's set, it seems as abundant as last year's, but sells steadily...  I hit my one K-Mart almost daily, the other one once or twice a week, and I've watched the exclusives closely this year.

The Ewok set, really it started sitting almost immediately...  Given what it is, I thought it was far more visually appealing but I guess the masses disagreed.  :-\  Loads of Ewok sets here.  They're also on a steeper sale price right now than the Scanner dudes.

Speaking of all this...

I wound up earning a ton of stuff at K-Mart this week...  $50 gets you a $.30 off per gallon of gas coupon for BP stations, and this week gets you a $5 giftcard.  These come about a lot, but I never see that deal advertised.  It's good next week.

Anyway, I keep getting printed coupons with my receipt too, and I keep getting $3 off $10 in toys ones this week.  I got 2 of the $5 cards too, so those with the coupon will net me basically a 2-pack for free I think. 

I did some Christmas shopping earlier this week with one coupon I had, and again tonight using a different coupon I had.  Each coupon I used on each trip were for $10 in Rewards points (if I spent x ammount on y type of items, like tonight's coupon was $35 on apparel).  That means I netted $20 in free money there as well.  The Reward Zone card at K-Mart, love 'em or hate 'em, has earned me so much free stuff this year it's insane.  I fed pets for free quite often, got some toys with my points $, and that's not even getting into the cash off coupons I keep getting.  Target and WM do nothing remotely this awesome.  TRU has a half-assed system that clearly could be handled better if K-Mart's card is this useful.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:01 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2013, 09:07 PM »
Picked up my Scanner box set...  Last one my store had.  $.60 total, which was the tax I guess since Rewards points don't seem to cover tax if you pay the whole thing with points.  I used a $3 off $10 coupon, 2 $5 giftcards earned last week, and I've got $60 in points chilling right now with only like $8 expiring in january and the rest not till late 2014.

This was a good day.

Plus someone left their gas coupon so I took it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2013, 11:28 PM »
Got another $3 off $10 coupon from my gf today, grabbed a set at another KM using it and RZ points again.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Got the Stormtrooper/Technician pack from Kmart yesterday. They were pretty even in numbers with the other pack. They also had two ewok catapult packs. I think they will be sitting for the next six months.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours