Author Topic: That's it! I'm done...  (Read 3200 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
That's it! I'm done...
« on: August 11, 2003, 02:50 PM »
Well folks, the time has finally come that I've...   Gotten completely caught up on everything for the first time in almost 3 years!   ;D  You didn't actually think I was about to say I was throwing in the towel on Star Wars figure collecting now, did ya'?!?   ;)  Come on...   ::)   :-*

It actually happened last week, when a good collecting buddy of mine (Jared/SilverZed3) finally found me my long overdue second Ep. 1 Battle Amidala (w/ Ascension Gun) to open up for the loose collection (and for only $11 I might add  8)).  That's actually the MOST I've ever paid for a figure too...  Jared's the same great guy who scored me my MIMSB U.S. Ep. 1 Eopie earlier this year as well - for $15 (in Japan)!  :o

Add to that a few recent motherlodes on the newest Saga waves, and both my Carded and Loose collections (plus ships, beasts, playsets, etc.) are now totally complete - from 1995 to present, Saculs, TF Vaders, the whole nine yards!  As an obsessive compulsive completist, this is a rather exciting and long awaited moment for me, so please bare with my babbling here!   :)

It's taken me so long to catch up because I adamantly REFUSE to ever pay more than a buck or so above actual retail prices for anything, no matter how HTF.  So I've had to patiently wait around for some great trades, helpful friends, eBay scores, or moments of pure dumb luck in the classifieds sections.  But the patience has all paid off finally, even if I did "splurge" a little on this last figure here - but considering she's usually $40+ on eBay, $11 ain't too bad!   :P

Technically speaking though, I am actually missing a few pieces still:

Carded Freeze Frame Sandtrooper and Weequay (moreso carded variants really)  I have a line on the Sandtrooper, but the $400 Weequay may have to wait a bit...  :-\

Carded SOTE Vader (see Weequay above)  :'(

Loose Darth Maul from the FAO exclusive hand held video game (only different by a little added dirt on his robe)

And lastly, those damned foreign Pit Droids!   >:(  These will be a thorn in my side for a long time to come, I'm sure...

But since these are all collecting variants really, I don't consider them to be keeping my regular carded and loose collections from being complete, though I will eventually obtain them somehow.

So how close are the rest of you completists out there to catching up, if you haven't already done so?  Which figures are/were the proverbial thorn in your side?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: That's it! I'm done...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 02:58 PM »
Congrats!  Unfortunately I am so far behind it will take me until Hasbro's contract is up in 2018 to catch up :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 03:01 PM »
Well played old man, well played.  As of this moment there is nothing I am actively hunting or buying on eBay so I would say I too am up to date on my collection, just waiting for some preorders to ship on The Simpsons...

Congrats Matt!

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 04:12 PM »
Congratalations for getting caught up on everything, Matt.  
For me to be caught up with just carded figures I need:
Mosat of the POTF2 Stuff, 1 of the Darth Sidous Pit Droid two packs (One of the ones I had was damaged in shipping), half of the Bonus Battle Driod figures, A US Eopie, and a dozen or so Saga figures (Eeth Koth Wave, and some later waves).  That all I really need to be caught up with what my main focus is Carded Figures.  I really don't care if I get all of the Vehicles, 12" figures, or other lines at the moment (I may once I get a higher paying job.)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 06:03 PM »
Way to go Matt! Now just get me caught up, and I will really sing your praises! :)

Just for everyones future reference, I need this stuff:  ;D

-Clonetrooper packs, anything other than Wave 1 all white
-Padme Secret Ceremony
-Replacement head armor for the ATAT (the pieces that snap on the side guns)
-Willitts: Empire Strikes Back: Boba Fett Special Edition 70mm Film Cel
-Science Fiction Book Club Hardback Edition (smaller than retail hardback) of Episode 1 TPM
-Gold Yoda Storm Can
-Carded Medicom Kubrick Luke and Boba Fett figures

That's pretty much it, and that list even includes my holy grails. I will die a happy man once I get those items.

Im really desperate for the figures though, and am going nuts for the ATAT side armor. If anyone has a loose complete ATAT they'd be willing to sell, let me know. I only need that side armor, but Ill buy the whole thing if needbe.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 06:55 PM »
I don't have the Battle Amidala (never ever saw her anywhere) or the Eopie.  Beyond that there's not much I'm looking for, besides 2003 stuff of course, which seems as rare.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 06:57 PM »
Congrats!
So, it feels nice to be all caught up!?! :)
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 07:22 PM »
I am So NOT caught up.
But congrats on finishing your list. If I typed mine out, I fear it would become a novel.

I need SO Many unleashed and 12" figures that it's sick.
Got Clones?

Offline blimpyboy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Gamorrean lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2003, 01:01 PM »
That's quite an accomplishment indeed.  I'll be joining your club if I every decide to pick up a FF Weequay and Sandtrooper.

Considering I'll have to shell out around $500 total for the both of them, I don't see that happening.

But either way, congrats!  It always feels good to finish what you start.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2003, 01:43 PM »
That's quite an accomplishment indeed.  I'll be joining your club if I every decide to pick up a FF Weequay and Sandtrooper.

Well, if you want to play by my "technicalities" that I mentioned above, then you're already a member of "my club" Matt!   ;)  I'm not really counting these two "carded variants" for now, but still saying I'm complete.  Kinda cheating, I know...  I'll snag the Sandtrooper soon hopefully, but that Weequay is going to be slightly challenging (sneaking it's massive purchase past my wife, that is)...   ;D

I've been saying for quite a while that once I finally catch up with all the modern stuff, then it'll finally be time to delved into the carded Vintage.  **cringe**  Let's see if I'm a man of my word...  I bet I chicken out on the Vintage for a little while longer, especially since we're moving into our first house next week!  Hopefully soon though.  Just a wee bit scary that task is...   :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2003, 07:13 PM »
Congrats on the catch-up Matt.

Sometimes feels like I'll never truly be caught up but the lack of interest I've had in the past year makes it easier to take. I've focused more on the customizing techniques I want to master instead.

Sounds like your collection's all-too-frustrating to be packing up right now, but I'm sure it's all worth it in the end. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2003, 11:21 AM »
Way to go on catching up!

I think I'm only missing the Eopie and some Unleashed figures, but I don't collect everything Hasbro puts out.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline figureaddict

• Youngling
  • Ohh Monkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2003, 02:52 PM »
I'm not too far behind myself, (ahemm, bonus pit droids, ahemm!)  But I don't have any irrational fear about not ever getting them.  Oh, still need the Sacul and Toy Fair Vader.  Exclusives like that are hard to get here in Wyoming.
Jason, Super Sci-Fi Space Monkey

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2003, 09:07 PM »
Congratulations on catching up! :o   Maybe one day I will join those ranks.  The search continues...   ::)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2003, 07:42 AM »
Congrats Matt!  That figure is the one glaring hole in my collection and like you, I refuse to pay an extremely high amount for it.  Let's be honest, if this figure was released in the early runs of E1 figs, it would have been a pegwarmer.  Its just such a blah figure.  But my semi-completist attitude demands I must have it eventually.  Maybe its time to do some serious hunting for it.

Congrats again!
Common sense isn't so common