Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2  (Read 34750 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 07:19 PM »
YakFace has a nice look at the loose figures for this wave, I think Mara Jade will be my fave.

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2013/07/19/hasbro-sdcc-2013-presentation-images/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 03:56 PM »
While that Mara looks nice, the hair might pose to be problematic for displaying her head in any other orientation than straight forward.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 05:23 PM »
She wouldn't be the first for sure.

I honestly liked the comic figure...  No clue why everyone hated it so much.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 12:42 AM »
My only gripe on the Comic Pack Mara was the elbow joints.  This new figure looks pretty solid.  I'd like to get it if I can find it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 09:31 AM »
I tried several times to get conformation on any newness on the Stormtrooper. I kept missing the guy who new. Daryl eventually took it out of the case for me and we both gave it a look. To my eye, there looked to be nothing new what so ever.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 05:52 PM »
It's a nice enough figure...  I'm fine with it as-is.  I think the Stormies we've gotten have been pretty ok for the most part.  A flaw here or there for sure, but nothing major enough to me to care.

I still love that 2007 black pauldroned clean sandtrooper.  That thing's my fav.  Spacetrooper a close 2nd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 05:47 PM »
I see that EE has their pre-order up as well for this wave!  Man, I'm contemplating cancelling wave 1, buying at the store, and ordering wave 2 instead.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSA5077B&id=JE-405087801

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 06:49 PM »
I see that EE has their pre-order up as well for this wave!  Man, I'm contemplating cancelling wave 1, buying at the store, and ordering wave 2 instead.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSA5077B&id=JE-405087801

I've been thinking the same thing Jesse - order two cases of this wave from EE and just pick up the figures I need from Wave one when they hit the stores. What does that mean - I'm left with just finding two each of Padme and Yavin Celebration Luke?

Wow they are ALREADY shooting themselves in the foot with these cases - the 2nd wave should have ZERO carry-forwards from the previous wave and just been this:

2x Stormtrooper
2x 41st Elite Clone Trooper
2x Mara Jade
2x Pablo Jill
2x Luminara Unduli
2x R2-D2 (AOTC)

If this line is for collectors and the 5POA line is for kids - stop worrying about the collector line having a kid-friendly assortment in the case.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:53 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02 PM »
I can appreciate the beefing up on the troopers in a case...  I mean that's kind of collector-oriented, but Luke and Padme are all I need so I'm in the same boat.  Cancelling Wave 1 I think, ordering Wave 2...  Makes just more sense for me at this point.

I can order Luke and Padme off Amazon even, or just find them at stores...

The one thing though, there's gaps in these waves for sure...  I don't know that things will pile up much at retail IF there's demand.  If there isn't as much demand as collectors feel there is for the line as a whole, these will back up fast and you'll see it.  I think Hasbro's doing some experimenting right now with collector 3.75" in general...  I think they're looking to see if people care.   :-\

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 07:22 PM »
The troopers I think are a mistake. If the VC Clone Trooper is any indication, appetite in general for these has waned. I could be wrong, but I have zero interest in any of them. The carry forwards in general don't make sense, Biggs most of all.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 07:35 PM »
I think they're looking to see if people care.   :-\

[Luke] I care. [/Luke] I hope Hasbro doesn't look at it like that.  I care about the line, but being a pick and choose collector (and there are different types of collectors out there), there isn't much of interest for me in these upcoming 2 waves.  Nothing excites me there.  But that's just me.  I think my focus is slowly turning towards OT-only (or I guess I've heard it called the Classic Trilogy now).  There are so many interesting characters to do: Cantina guys, Jabba's goons, Lando, Yoda, Han (Yavin, Carbonite, Bespin Capture, Thaw), Leia (Endor, Yavin) that could have been better choices.  Granted, these waves have mostly AotC figures to celebrate the now cancelled 3D release, which isn't their fault.  These were long in the pipeline.  But I guess I wished they had better choices for OT figures.  I understand that Biggs will be out along with his X-Wing, so no complaints there.  And army builders move, but since I don't build, but it's another figure I already have (so more for those that want them). I guess I should be happy they intermingled some OT goodness alongside of the prequel stuff, but I wish there would have been someone there that I would be clamoring all over for and anxious to get go hunting for.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 07:43 PM »
Not a ton in Wave 1 appeals to me...  I'm getting it all, but I'm not ecstatic about any one figure in it really...  That said, Wave 2, far more appealing I thought, and so I cancelled Wave 1 pre-order I had (glad I put it in later than most) and pre-ordered Wave 2 instead...  I'll track Luke and Padme down...

And sadly, if I didn't find either, I don't think I give a ****.

The desire to push the PT stuff that was largely there because of AOTC3D and it's cancellation makes me just really hope they're able to see past these first two waves.  I think 3 looks better, and I'm hoping 4 is better than that.

Truly though, wish they'd start getting off PT figures for the collector line and start getting on the OT wagon.  Aliens, army builders, main updates...  Even if it's minor updates, main updates would be appreciated.  I'd take a brown coat Han that could ride the Taun Taun, an all new Endor Han (I hate that figure), a new Hoth Luke, a BE Leia, a new Tatooine Luke, a new Endor Luke and Leia, a new Ceremony Han, Ceremony Leia, Bespin Han with a separate belt and holster strap for his leg, a similar change to ANH Han, an all new Carbonite Han with a light-up block (non-melty) w/floaty stand, A more articulated Boba Fett, Bespin Lando w/a removable cape...

All that, alone, would be more interesting to me.  And that's just main characters.  Forget about ANY Rebel Trooper head or uniform variation, Imp Officers, Cantina weirdos, Mos Eisley Human goons, Jabba's Palace and Barge...  OT needs more focus if they're clearly focusing one line to kids, one not.  Don't get me wrong, I like some PT stuff now and again too (Office Palpy, Wookiees, Clone Commander updates if they go all out).  I just need a little less of it.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 08:04 PM »
Bravo, Jesse!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2013, 10:43 AM »
I recently moved, and chose to scale down the portion of my collection that I display to OT-only...and I have to say, it looks so much more slick. I'll still collect PT stuff, but I don't see myself displaying it for a while. I'm having a blast with the OT.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram