Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2  (Read 34743 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2
« Reply #60 on: October 5, 2013, 06:41 PM »
Hmmm... I don't think it looks great, but I do think it looks better.  Is that first hair style going to show up as a variation?

As far as I know the first hair style will be the only version.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 5, 2013, 06:46 PM »
Dah... I looked at the photo in the link without reading the article that it was originally from. 

My bad.

At the risk of asking another dumb question - what's the make-up of the R2 in this wave?  Anything new about it?
« Last Edit: October 5, 2013, 06:48 PM by Rob »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #62 on: October 5, 2013, 08:10 PM »
Dah... I looked at the photo in the link without reading the article that it was originally from. 

My bad.

At the risk of asking another dumb question - what's the make-up of the R2 in this wave?  Anything new about it?

It is a clean version of the TAC figure (TAC04) but without the flame base
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 5, 2013, 08:22 PM »
Perfect, thanks. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2013, 02:12 AM »
Seems to me that my case at site sponsor EE (wink wink, nudge nudge...  use our links please) is processing.  Yay!

Now I need to look for a new head for Mara I guess.

This isn't the most awe-inspiring wave, and looks to me to clearly still have a touch of AOTC 3-D wishful thinking mixed in there, but still Pablo is awesome and that alone wins for me.

I'm cool with another Biggs too...  Can't have too many average height X-Wingers I always say, since there basically was only one ever made (Red 10...  in an Evolutions set, eons ago).  So I'm taking some Biggs figs here and there, but he's actually not been one of the "pegwarmers" of TBS I see...  Actually it's the Scout steals the show there.  Go figure right?  He's a great figure, but I see him the most...  Hell, sometimes he's the ONLY Wave 1 fig I see on pegs since TBS didn't hit too hard it seems.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to my case...  Glad I didn't buy Wave 1 and held my ground there.  Wise choice.  I was far more able to pick and choose that wave then.

I'm going to anxiously await a Wave 4 pre-order because I must have those!  Hell, that's a case I may order 2 of.  Wave 3, I'm sure I'll order as well because...  meh, why bother shopping at this point?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:14 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2013, 12:15 PM »
Seems to me that my case at site sponsor EE (wink wink, nudge nudge...  use our links please) is processing.  Yay!

Now I need to look for a new head for Mara I guess.

I read the bit over at YF about the head swap.  And that Black Widow head DOES look pretty good on the Mara Jade body.  But from an economic standpoint, you're still looking at putting another $10 or so into a figure that cost you about $10 already.  And that $10 is the CLEARANCE price on this particular Black Widow figure (the one on the Avengers light-up base).
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2013, 12:47 PM »
I'm hoping that the Wave 1 carry-forwards in my Wave 2 case come with the fixed cardback/bubble issue.

I saw on another site that the Black Series figures cardbacks now have a coating on them (they didn't originally) and it's this new coating that fixes the issue with the adhesive properly attaching the bubbles.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Sorta makes sense if the adhesive used is intended to bond to some kind of clear coat on a card...  The satiny look maybe just wasn't conducive to bonding.  Weird, and never would've thought that would've been an issue, but I can see it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2013, 08:17 PM »
My Black Series Wave 2 is in-hand as of this afternoon.  I love Pablo Jill, and I hope my order for a 2nd from Amazon goes through because, well, I like people with upside down faces.

I enjoy this guy...  The rest...  eh...  Lots of army builders in the wave including the repacks (I count Biggs as one.  Headswaps seem easy).

I'm pleased with the case order.  Looking forward to hopefully ordering Wave 3 and 4 soon too.  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2013, 01:58 AM »
I've been trying to break down figures from Wave 2 (and Wave 1 repacks from my case since I held out on those) in our Reviews section...  Lately I've ignored it all together since I haven't been doing reviews in general but I was trying to just put together some quick (but similar to my old format) Pros/Cons and an Overall at the end.

Suffice it to say I think some stuff is getting a worse review than it should, and other things I think are being lambasted quite adequately around the collecting world...  Some of it, I've really hit the "who cares?" point with certain things...  Even when some things are wrong either the figure wasn't really asked for anyway or it's so minor that in the grand scheme it's hardly worth pointing out anymore.

I've come to the conclusion though, Hasbro is no longer giving collectors unlit saber hilts it seems, and Clones are something nobody should get their panties in a wad over because nobody but kids cares about them anymore I think.

At this stage the only ones we as adults seem to want are Commanders or maybe realistic incarnations of the Clones from The Clone Wars series.  The rest...  Wow is it easy not to care about Clones at this point.   :-\  Kinda sad how that came full circle since 2002.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2013, 04:03 PM »
Well Amazon still has not processed my order for Mara Jade. They won't give an estimate when the figure will ship. I have a feeling I'll see her warming the pegs around here before they get around to shipping her.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2013, 09:31 PM »
Got my two cases of Wave 2 from EE yesterday.

Don't mind the Mara Jade head sculpt as much as I thought I would. The hair is a bit ridiculous, but it is what it is...

Disappointing that they didn't fix the Clonetrooper.

The stars of the wave are Luminara and Pablo Jill. I am still getting at least two openers of all collector-quality 3.75" figures - so I'll definitely be on the look-out for another Pablo Jill to open. Not worried about Luminara though since she'll be in the Wave 3 case, which I also plan on ordering 2 of.

I had such high hopes for this line to be something DIFFERENT than what the Vintage line became where the only way to ensure I got the figures was to order by-the-case, two waves in and we're already there with the Black Series - maybe I'll be shocked, but there are WAY too many Biker Scouts, Biggs Darklighters, Anakin Skywalkers and Darth Vaders out there right now for many stores to be ordering any more - and of course all of these figures are shipping again in Wave 2 so Hasbro's stupidity is once again going to get them into trouble.

How hard is it to just have six figure waves and ship them at 2x per case? It's a collector line, why not package them with collectors in mind?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 2, 2013, 10:56 AM »
I had a reliable source tell me that these hit a Target relatively close by.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #73 on: November 2, 2013, 06:31 PM »
Got an email from amazon today asking if I wanted them to cancel my order for Mara Jade. The message indicated they were having trouble getting more and that they would only continue to try if I told them to do so. Of course I said continue trying, originally I was supposed to have the fig on 10/28 according to my pre-order notice. Either Amazon didn't order sufficient amounts for demand or distribution has been screwed again. Of course it would occur on the only figure in the first 2 waves that I wanted, sigh...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 6, 2013, 02:36 PM »
Embarrassed that I over paid online, but got my Mara today. Hair certainly looks bad, face ok, like the rest. Still glad she is mine now though.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within