Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2  (Read 34748 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Aside from an isolated report of these hitting retail a week ago, I have not heard or seen these available individually yet at any normal outlet. Brick and mortar or on-line. Lots of wave one hanging around. Hope we're just not going to run into slow moving product again right away.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2013, 08:58 AM »
very odd - on August 30th I pre-ordered through Amazon Mara, Luminara and Pablo.  Then I ordered in a 2nd order on September 2nd another Luminara, Pablo, Mara, and 2x Stormtroopers.

I had to renew both pre-orders since they were taking so long like others have mentioned here.

Today I received word from Amazon that for my first order Luminara has shipped but the other two (Pablo and Mara) still have not.  Luminara should be here Friday and the other two are slated for....  sometime between 12/31 and 1/16/14.......

I am not thinking that date is a real date, but who knows???

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Personally, I don't think we are going to see wave 2. The stores around me are clogged with Biggs and Anakin from wave 1. There are also a good number of biker scouts warning the pegs. Star Wars stuff just doesn't move.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2013, 09:50 AM »
Found wave 2 this morning at Target. Left them all for someone else to find.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2013, 02:47 PM »
I haven't been looking...  Wave 2, as a case, was really nothing but Pablo I wanted an extra of.  I renewed an order at Amazon for him, and if I get him great, and if not, I'm sure I'll get him down the road somehow.

No clue on Amazon's deal with these...  Possible Hasbro had a production issue, or something or other.  I'd like a 2nd Pablo but I wouldn't be shocked if he turned up in a Wave 4 case assortment.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2013, 02:58 PM »
The stores in my area are clogged with Wave 1 Black Series and Vintage Series hold-overs, so I have very little hope of Wave 2 showing up at my local Target stores. Like Jesse, I'm just looking for an extra Pablo Jill. I also wouldn't mind an extra R2-D2 and a couple more Stormtroopers either.

I went ahead and ordered two cases of Wave 3 today - so I'll be good on the Stormtroopers, but the Pablo Jill and R2 figures, I'll have to get elsewhere.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2013, 04:41 PM »
I found Wave 2 at my local Target (in Raleigh NC) this morning. I picked up Pablo, Mara, R2-D2, and the Stormtrooper. I held off on Luminara and the Clone since I plan to order a case for Wave 3, and I have no desire for extras of those two. I also left behind the Wave 1 carry-forwards, which should ensure this particular Target will not restock for another two months.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2013, 05:31 PM »
I haven't been in a Target in a long time actually.

K-Mart, they got what seemed like 3 replenishments of Wave 1, and sold through most of the first 2 and the 3rd have sort of hit a wall.

Wal-Mart, when they got Wave 1, seemed to be behind the curve of TRU and K-Mart, and the same with the few Target stores here that got Wave 1 eventually.  At TRU and K-Mart they sold ok, then they got to the other two stores and nothing seemed to move much...  Some Targets here still never got Wave 1 though due to TVC hang-arounds because they refuse to change the DPCI and clearance TVC.

Clearanced, I'd probably buy more TPM figures for fodder like lil Ani, or Naboo dudes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2013, 12:24 PM »
more weird stuff from my Amazon orders:

from order #1:
Pablo just shipped by himself - expected Friday.
Mara is still left as not shipped from this order and still is not due to me until the end of the year...

From order #2:
Luminara and one stormtrooper shipped and they are expected friday - they might be packed in with Pablo above as Amazon does do that (combine shipments)
the other stormtrooper and Pablo from this order are preparing for shipment and are expected to be delivered between 11/18 and 11/22
Mara from this order also has the expected delivery for the end of the year.

update:  well, they just shipped that other Stormtrooper by itself without Pablo....  Pablo is preparing for shipment all by himself.

on a good note Luminara from my first order arrived today (it was expected for Friday I believe).  She was shipped in a small box all by herself and is in excellent condition

Not very efficient/cost effective shipping if you ask me

update part 2:  now my two Maras are scheduled to come soon.  One between the 19-23rd the other between the 20-23rd...   ???
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:16 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2013, 11:10 PM »
Noticed that Amazon had most of Wave 2 listed as in-stock and available with free shipping - so I grabbed the additional Pablo Jill, R2-D2, Stormtrooper and 41st Elite Corps Clonetrooper I wanted from this wave. Don't need to worry about Mara or Luminara since they are in my Wave 3 cases I ordered from EE - in fact, I'll have an extra of both of those....  :-\

I just don't have a lot of faith that this wave is going to show up in my stores locally. Too much Wave 1 on all the pegs...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2013, 08:26 PM »
41st Clone trooper (black series from rots)

This Black Series Figure has less color than the former rots figure,
the 2013 figure only spots longer limbs, bigger removable helmet,
no back antenna, no painted soles.

Where the rots figure shows a more intensive all in all paint job.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/galleries/2013/Review_41stEliteCorpsTBS/pages/Review_41stEliteCorpsTBS18.html

Hasbro needs to keep the identity of each representation of a saga character,
they usually fail in the tendence "to compensate one new paint application by suppressing a previous one".

It is the similar case with OT storm troopers: when Hasbro "corrects the helmet", they suppress the dots on stomach armour and even the paint for the soles.

How many bucks would be the cost for an all in all well painted stormie? (stomach dots, helmet with blue, light blue, grey and silver, grey squares on ankles and always black soles)

I don´t think it would be as expensive as the build factory Purge Trooper. Even more, Hasbro could made this figure common, not rare. Thus they can stop the reign of speculator selllers and bring order to the galaxy. :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:29 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2013, 01:50 PM »
Mara Jade 150% over SRP

Anyone paying $27 for that should just send me their money instead. It makes as much sense.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2013, 02:43 PM »
Ironic that the online etailer selling those at that price is a valued sponsor and advertiser at some of the SW sites that rail against "scalpers" the most.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2013, 07:22 PM »
So my Mara Jade came in from Amazon today. For the carded collector, packaging will be a problem - the figure shipped in a box barely large enough to fit the figure. The card was all bent out of shape and the bubble was popping off. Since I'm a loose collector that doesn't bother me, but I'm sure it would others. On the plus side, the hair/forehead issue has been resolved - the hairline comes further down the head and makes Mara look more normal. Overall it's a nice figure, not what we voted for but I'll definitely take it over not having Mara Jade at all.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2013, 08:24 PM »
I got my Pablo Jill and he was fine...  Weird that some are sucking, some aren't.  Got any pics Jason?