Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2  (Read 34756 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 2
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2014, 08:46 PM »
I like the very faint grey highlights as well as the battle damage paint apps. I grabbed a few of the "incorrect" versions for dirt cheap, as they aren't bad figures, but I'll definitely be on the lookout for this accurate update.

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2014, 12:44 AM »
Almost accurate. It's still missing the grey midsection/belt, back of the hands, and stripe on the forearm.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2014, 10:14 PM »
Scored a Mara Jade today during my search for Darth Plagueis.  And that's the last of TBS wave 2 for me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 6, 2014, 02:14 PM »
It seems weird to me that Mara Jade has almost no secondary market value whatsoever compared to other female EU figures. It can't just be the hair...Bastila Shan had an ugly 'do too. Do people just not gravitate to the character?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #124 on: February 6, 2014, 05:09 PM »
It seems weird to me that Mara Jade has almost no secondary market value whatsoever compared to other female EU figures. It can't just be the hair...Bastila Shan had an ugly 'do too. Do people just not gravitate to the character?

I would say that could be attributed to the fact she was relatively easy to obtain online rather than having to chase her down at retail. I'm sure the hair/facial deco didn't help the matter either. I would also say that since this is a 3rd version of this outfit, not the one "promised" in the Fans' Choice poll, collectors are just disinterested in the latest rehash.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2014, 05:10 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 6, 2014, 06:37 PM »
I would also speculate that with the possibility of her being erased from Star Wars history by episode VII, she is no longer a priority to many.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: February 6, 2014, 08:04 PM »
What Jayson said is what I figured too...

I don't think collectors would care about her being "erased" because you can't take people's memories ultimately.  I suppose a few might be that upset about that possibility to where they'll not buy the toy, but I really feel like that was something blown out of proportion.  :-\  That whole thing just had me rolling my eyes I guess.  People freaking out...  like books were being burned and things just simply wouldn't exist anymore.

I figure she was pretty easy to get...  Leading up to Xmas she was not hard at all to pick up on Amazon or HTS.  That's just what I figure anyway.  That and perhaps tired of the character ultimately.  It happens, especially in the niche that is the collector market at this point.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 6, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Good points by all, thanks...and wasn't she carried forward in Wave 3 as well?

I don't think any of the BS figures have been very easy to find at retail after Wave 1, so I guess I figured there would be more "heat" for that stuff in general.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: February 6, 2014, 10:43 PM »
Online, she was...  all of Wave 2 and 3 were really easy to get online for sale prices and free shipping usually, except perhaps Plaguis, though I got him from HTS for cheap too.  Took the patience of waiting for your order to come in was all, but wasn't a big deal.  Saved a lot by not having to buy by the case, plus using a coupon code.

Most of those figures from 3 and 4 ultimately sat...  But online.  Walking into a store and getting them, not so much.  That's retail's fault though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 6, 2014, 08:29 AM »
I had gotten the Mara Jade Skywalker figure earlier this year and she's awesome.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2016, 10:06 AM by 77Skywalker »