Author Topic: The Hasbro/Retail/Case Pack Situation  (Read 13300 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: The Hasbro/Retail/Case Pack Situation
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 04:17 PM »
I wonder how detailed that information from retailers even is that they provide to Hasbro. 

I don't think Target even tracks anything more detailed than at the DPCI number, so they can't tell the difference between how fast or slow a Stormtrooper is selling vs. a Wedge figure.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 04:42 PM »
I forget when HTS went live.  If there was a press statement laying out any specifics on it?

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=7562.0  :)

HTS and it's inventories are owned by Hasbro, but the order fulfillment part works like Dave said - stock is sent to third party that picks/sorts/ships the orders at multiple locations around the USA.  Lots of online places do this to save costs.

And, for Dave, here's something I said in that thread way back in 2005 -

Maybe, just maybe Hasbro will learn a little something about Case Assortments/ratios from the store before it goes under... (one can hope, right? :-\)

HTS hasn't gone under yet, but here we are 9 years later still hoping they will learn something from the HTS shopping patterns.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2014, 05:54 PM »
Wow, only since 05?  That's surprising.  I would've guessed it was up longer than that.

Yeah short of assortment number information, which I assume is kept track of to some degree, I don't know.  Individual figure UPC's matter at all other retailers though, so I imagine they get maybe better tracking info from a TRU or WM then?  Or they too just maybe go by assortment numbers.  Hasbro will say, "X figure sold really well..." though.

I never see the Hasbro reps people have seen over the years...  Separate topic of course, but it just strikes me weird that I think I have seen a Hasbro rep two times since 1995 in a toy aisle.  I don't know how important they are (were?), or if they even still do that?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77